Go Back   UB40 Forums > General Area > UB40 Discussion

Old 26th May 2017, 12:34 PM
UB40 Fan

Default Quick Hi from the band?

Hi all,
Im at work as I type. Im bored, its beautiful outside, and Im stuck here in this office. I now have in my possession tickets for the Bath gig, so all I can think about is going to see/hear UB40 again soooooon !
So, thought Id just drop by and say Hi, all! Its been fab to see more folk on here again! Keep it up.
I know what would make us visit here more often. . if band members could find time to come and say a little hello, too. I know I am probably expecting far too much from them, as they are already setting high multi-tasking standards, touring, interviewing, making a new album, and goodness knows what else, all at once! Bless um. Working hard as ever, but its always so great to hear from them.
Id love to hear what each of them have been up to, of late, regarding the new album I mean.
Enjoyed Martins live clip the other day on FB, of Norman getting to grips with some percussion. Little snip bits of info like that, on here would be great too.
I hear the drums and bass come first. So, Im wondering if they work on a number of songs all at once, or complete one track at a time? Have Jimmy and Earl done their bit now, and waiting for the others, or are they all still beavering away? Wonder when the vocals, sax, etc. get added. I would have given anything to be a fly on the wall right from the start, and watch the album come to fruition. I bet it would be fascinating stuff!

Anyway, gang, enjoy your bank holiday weekend. Stay safe. Be happy.
BIG LOVE
Old 27th May 2017, 01:08 AM
UB40 Fan

That's what I like about this board as well Lyn, social media not allowed on work computer but this is!
Old 27th May 2017, 07:42 PM
UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnie4ub40 View Post
Id love to hear what each of them have been up to, of late, regarding the new album I mean.
Now that would be nice...
Old 28th May 2017, 08:59 AM
UBloonie

You really bored Lyn lol