Go Back   UB40 Forums > General Area > UB40 Discussion

Old 30th July 2005, 09:09 PM
UBloonie

Default Re: FANFEST - A message from JOHNNY 2 BAD

Can I just say J2B - Jane will be calling you guys tomorrow to discuss this off the board.

However can I just quickly say - to hopefully quash this before THIS gets out of hand too! I choose 2 quotes from your posts Ali Bongo... you are correct in your first post saying 'poor response from members' yeah that is exactly why we have had to look at not attending your gig on 9th Sept. You need to make at least 400 from Fanfest members on that night - as we've stated we only have 15 people who've paid so far which is no where near 400, theres no point in leading you guys on to say yeah we have loads attending and really we dont - and turn up giving you 20!

Also "Music venues and festivals have to be organised and booked well in advance of the day. It's not possible, without severely limiting your options, to delay arrangements until a few weeks before the date. There are very many people involved in the chain of events and they expect to be given precise and definite timings. If one link goes awry the whole domino set crashes!!!" What can I say you have hit the nail right on the head - that is exactly what we are dealing with right now. WE could not wait any longer to tell you we may pull out as we appreciate you have organising to do yourselves. None of us wants to be out of pocket but right now we can not guarantee you will receive 400 from fanfest members. Hey if those 85 that have registered pay up - we'll be there bud. We literally have to wait and see over the next week or so - but time is running out c'mon you guys get your out!!!!

Maybe now people will understand what plans are being made for fest behind the scenes and how much time, money and dedication is involved.

Hope this clears a few things up.

Big Love all
[img]graemlins/friends.gif[/img]

.....don't let it pass you by......
Old 31st July 2005, 01:17 AM
UBloonie

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
Can all this petty squabbling STOP!!!

We're all SUPPOSED to be on the same side here...UB40 and their music. This is meant to be a celebration NOT a slanging match with wild rumours and accusations! People are getting over heated and saying many stupid, hurtful things.

FACTS:
The band Johnny 2 Bad are putting on a show on September 9th.
Everybody and anybody is welcome to come along and join us if they wish.
If the Fanfest organisers require them, a block of tickets will be reserved and passed on to them for their members.
Fanfesters have been offered early admission to the gig, a subsidised taxi service door to door and the guarantee of a superb show.
The show goes on regardless of what is eventually decided by the Festers.
We are not counting on funding from anyone, we've invested monies and that's OUR decision alone. We sink or swim on our own merits.
We are not involved in any Fest arrangemants or decisions, but simply offer our services on the night as an option to enhance the weekend.
We ARE disappointed by the situation BUT understanding, and NOT complaining about anything.
We do not blame the Fanfest organisers in ANY way for the situation.
We were very proud to be chosen to play and that's all we've been wishing to do throughout.
Comments posted by people on our guestbook are NOT our comments ... people are free to say what they wish. But their views are not necessarily our own. Please do NOT count us responsible for other's words. We simply offer another meeting place for UB fans.
We actively encourage the support of ALL UB40 related activities and other tribute bands.
We DO NOT welcome or encourage over zealous and partisan opinions on our behalf.It's nice to be appreciated but not at the expense of other musicians efforts.
We are musicians, NOT politicians and we WILL NOT get embroiled in petty squabbles.
The MUSIC and celebrating UB40 is the top(and only) priority.

Anybody who has ever attempted to put together a Festival will know what sheer bloody hard work it is. Be THANKFUL to those who try. Neither the Fanfest organisers nor ourselves take on the job for money...we do it for the love of the music and UB40.

So, can we all start to get our heads together and quit spoiling what should be a fun time for all? We want to work together in whatever way we can....ok? Chill out peeps. it's UB40's 25th !!!!

Thank you.
Old 31st July 2005, 09:59 AM
UBloonie

Send a message via MSN to ghettogirl

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Ali Bongo:
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
Can all this petty squabbling STOP!!!

We're all SUPPOSED to be on the same side here...UB40 and their music. This is meant to be a celebration NOT a slanging match with wild rumours and accusations! People are getting over heated and saying many stupid, hurtful things.

FACTS:
The band Johnny 2 Bad are putting on a show on September 9th.
Everybody and anybody is welcome to come along and join us if they wish.
If the Fanfest organisers require them, a block of tickets will be reserved and passed on to them for their members.
Fanfesters have been offered early admission to the gig, a subsidised taxi service door to door and the guarantee of a superb show.
The show goes on regardless of what is eventually decided by the Festers.
We are not counting on funding from anyone, we've invested monies and that's OUR decision alone. We sink or swim on our own merits.
We are not involved in any Fest arrangemants or decisions, but simply offer our services on the night as an option to enhance the weekend.
We ARE disappointed by the situation BUT understanding, and NOT complaining about anything.
We do not blame the Fanfest organisers in ANY way for the situation.
We were very proud to be chosen to play and that's all we've been wishing to do throughout.
Comments posted by people on our guestbook are NOT our comments ... people are free to say what they wish. But their views are not necessarily our own. Please do NOT count us responsible for other's words. We simply offer another meeting place for UB fans.
We actively encourage the support of ALL UB40 related activities and other tribute bands.
We DO NOT welcome or encourage over zealous and partisan opinions on our behalf.It's nice to be appreciated but not at the expense of other musicians efforts.
We are musicians, NOT politicians and we WILL NOT get embroiled in petty squabbles.
The MUSIC and celebrating UB40 is the top(and only) priority.

Anybody who has ever attempted to put together a Festival will know what sheer bloody hard work it is. Be THANKFUL to those who try. Neither the Fanfest organisers nor ourselves take on the job for money...we do it for the love of the music and UB40.

So, can we all start to get our heads together and quit spoiling what should be a fun time for all? We want to work together in whatever way we can....ok? Chill out peeps. it's UB40's 25th !!!!

Thank you.
<hr></blockquote>

we are chilled.......theres just a certain vibe that you pick up on when visiting your website im sorry....and i really dont think that us ub fans are appreciating certain people bad mouthing us...

Old 31st July 2005, 10:43 AM
UBloonie

Ghetto Girl

I know what you mean.

Like Sparkler calling us "small time kareoke singers" on this bulletin board?

People say what they want.
WE don't hold you responsible for the content here.
Why should you hold US responsible for people's comments on our site?

This is all so silly, even when we try to offer a friendly hand it gets rebuked. I'm off, got to work on the music. Nuff sed. I'll not trouble you all here again. byeeeeeeee
Old 30th November 2015, 06:48 PM
UBloonie

Wow did this really go on then?? Blimey it all seems a bit silly reading it now
Old 1st December 2015, 02:41 PM
UB40 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by old loonie View Post
Wow did this really go on then?? Blimey it all seems a bit silly reading it now
Without getting myself in pooh - aah, I think wherever you have a bulletin board you will have these misunderstandings OL , most people write down as they think it and it doesn't always come out as intended. I think it's when people who just want a rumpus chip in that the problems arise, in an ideal world we would all speak as we thought and nobody would be misunderstood, but of course it's never going to happen PLUS, where people are passionate about something it can always get heated.
I do like to read the old threads though, wonder what happened to some of those posters who were so passionate back then x
Old 9th December 2015, 10:19 PM
UBloonie

I dont know roseo but j2b was my band back then , i stumbled on this yet i didnt know it was such a nuisence to get a fanfest gig together, hey i was just the singer lol
Old 10th December 2015, 12:12 AM
UB40 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by old loonie View Post
I dont know roseo but j2b was my band back then , i stumbled on this yet i didnt know it was such a nuisence to get a fanfest gig together, hey i was just the singer lol
Excuse my ignorance lol and I have seen J2B many times too. I know it's sad and probably a bit stalkerish but I will go see anybody who can sing a UB or reggae tune, it's just happy making
Old 10th December 2015, 09:46 AM
UBloonie

Roseo go on my FB. Page. DEL-UB40 i am still doing my tribute to ub40 and i am doing some gigs with J2B in Jan and Feb
Old 13th December 2015, 01:38 PM
UBloonie

This brings back bad memories from trying to please all the people all the time, I wish it would disappear

I know me posting on it doesn't help!