Go Back   UB40 Forums > General Area > UB40 Discussion

Old 4th March 2015, 07:41 PM
UB40 Fan

his title will be released on May 11, 2015.

but how it look in mey dirrend or the same
Old 9th March 2015, 12:53 AM
UB40 Fan

bol.com | Present Arms (Deluxe Edition), UB40 | Muziek
Old 11th May 2015, 07:11 PM
Über UBLoonie

Now put back till 7th August according to Amazon UK...........may as well release the whole lot in one go instead
Old 11th May 2015, 08:06 PM
UBloonie

it would be nice if someone explained why this keeps getting delayed..
it does seem very odd....
is there an issue with the liciencing.
i can see a problem with the songwriting/publishing issue, as the songs were credited to the original (inc the ex 3) band,
and now the other 3 have buggered off, maybe they are not playing ball or something.. thats if they have any say at all.
who owns the songs now? and do the band (inc the ex 3) get a royalty from them?
Old 15th May 2015, 11:49 AM
UB40 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGhost-F.G.E View Post
it would be nice if someone explained why this keeps getting delayed..
it does seem very odd....
is there an issue with the liciencing.
i can see a problem with the songwriting/publishing issue, as the songs were credited to the original (inc the ex 3) band,
and now the other 3 have buggered off, maybe they are not playing ball or something.. thats if they have any say at all.
who owns the songs now? and do the band (inc the ex 3) get a royalty from them?
The last I remember reading somewhere was that the band had to sell of everything regarding licencing etc. so they don't own anything anymore. Sony bought the publishing and licencing rights to the entire UB40 catologue.

Obviously the band will receive some form of payment as the performing artists but my recolection is that there are still debts outstanding so they may not receive anything at all and this is just and exercise to clear debts. Kind of sucks for the fans really that yet again the same old music from decades past is being rebranded and flogged to the fans. It has all gone very sad indeed that such a one time huge band are in this situation..

Egos and pride should have been swallowed years ago and the split with Ali should never have happened. Since he has left the band are doing nothing apart from play live shows with songs Ali sung and made into hit records..

Go on start the abuse against me, it only ever comes from a handful at best usual suspects but that is the fact of the matter, that the split has not been great for either side but especially more so for the remaining members. You can't just bring in another singer and think he can replace Ali, the only hits UB40 has had is with Ali siging. Nothing at all in the last 7 years without him.. For the fans same sort the differences out. For the band/finance also sort the differences out. It's like watching children behave with the egos and pride taking centre stage.. Rant over
Old 15th May 2015, 12:16 PM
Super Über UBloonie

that the split has not been great for either side but especially more so for the remaining members. You can't just bring in another singer and think he can replace Ali,....

I have to disagree on this....why especially more for UB40 who never folded but continued and seem to be doing quite a bit more from what I've been seeing, than those who moved on.
And also I think there seems to be a misunderstanding when it comes to replacing. It's replacing a 'singer' not an Ali replica.

Thank you

oLdbOi
Old 15th May 2015, 02:47 PM
UBloonie

Got to disagree with you UKGuy.

Its Ali raking up all the old songs and singing them under the title UB40.

Ok so the real UB40 hasn't had a "hit" in 7 years, but they have certainly made new music... remember all the slagging off due to it being C&W style reggae?
what has Ali done? other than sing UB40 songs... and fool the public into thinking he is the real UB40...
but if you look back... UB40 aren't interested in making "Hit" records, never have been, they are about continuity and pleasing there fans, making people dance and enjoy themselves.

also as a side note, my dog could have REPLACED Ali...

Ani
Old 15th May 2015, 08:00 PM
UB40 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukguy View Post
Since he has left the band are doing nothing apart from play live shows with songs Ali sung and made into hit records..

bullshit, as was the rest of your "rant"
Old 15th May 2015, 08:12 PM
Über UBLoonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukguy View Post
The last I remember reading somewhere was that the band had to sell of everything regarding licencing etc. so they don't own anything anymore. Sony bought the publishing and licencing rights to the entire UB40 catologue.

Obviously the band will receive some form of payment as the performing artists but my recolection is that there are still debts outstanding so they may not receive anything at all and this is just and exercise to clear debts. Kind of sucks for the fans really that yet again the same old music from decades past is being rebranded and flogged to the fans. It has all gone very sad indeed that such a one time huge band are in this situation..

Egos and pride should have been swallowed years ago and the split with Ali should never have happened. Since he has left the band are doing nothing apart from play live shows with songs Ali sung and made into hit records..

Go on start the abuse against me, it only ever comes from a handful at best usual suspects but that is the fact of the matter, that the split has not been great for either side but especially more so for the remaining members. You can't just bring in another singer and think he can replace Ali, the only hits UB40 has had is with Ali siging. Nothing at all in the last 7 years without him.. For the fans same sort the differences out. For the band/finance also sort the differences out. It's like watching children behave with the egos and pride taking centre stage.. Rant over

'It has all gone very sad indeed that such a one time huge band are in this situation' - lots of heritage bands are from the '80s in the same boat

'split with Ali should never have happened. Since he has left the band' - make up your mind....so was it a split or did he leave and who chose to cover Britney Spears and Tom Jones?

'You can't just bring in another singer and think he can replace Ali' - they didn't just bring in 'another' singer..................UB40 is a collective of rhythm section, horns, guitars and vocals............decent song writing which always came from Brian, Robin and Jimmy............

See no abuse just a reasoned reply..............there you go.
Old 15th May 2015, 08:48 PM
UB40 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saad View Post

See no abuse just a reasoned reply..............there you go.
i actually though about answering all his points, but decided it wasn't worth the effort... they've seen all the replies before, but they go on repeating the mantra....