Go Back   UB40 Forums > General Area > UB40 Discussion

Old 3rd March 2011, 05:04 AM
Super Über UBloonie

btw it used to be from a friday about 6pm till sunday but got to admit we all used to stay even longer after just talking was great fun lol xxx

bubbling with love for ub40
Old 3rd March 2011, 05:10 AM
Super Über UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helena View Post
they aren't around anymore though chris and i can't see them doing this although no harm in asking them. but if they don't want to then theres nothing wrong with someone else organising it.

Neonhaze posted on my birthday post page 2 its on now

page 3

bubbling with love for ub40
Old 3rd March 2011, 07:35 AM
UBloonie

WHERE DID MY POST GO?????

Musta timed out.

K, some ideas:

I'm working on a corporate sponsorship so that's a K take-away item. I work for a company that through it's Corporate Sponsorship programs is focussed on the needs of kids and have asked the question about adding HOPE to the cause. See what comes of that but I need some facts: website, exact geographical location, contact at HOPE (PM the contact information if possible so I can connect who I need to with whomever I need to).

What about HOPE merchandise in the SHOP area on the BB? Any chance of the SHOP holding a "buy an item in the next 30 days, half of the price of the item gets donated to HOPE" incentive.

A BB auction. I have a "liddlebagoriddim" still in the bag that I would gladly sell to someone and donate the proceeds to the cause. I don't need it.

A link to a bank account to directly donate money. Many major banks have the ability to do this and are more than willing to set up an account that is designed to transfer funds.

Lastly ('cause Nani dared me to suggest it), a song. All proceeds of the sales go to the cause. The song is called HOPE but that's all I have so far.

That's it for now kids. g/nite
Old 3rd March 2011, 08:24 AM
UBloonie

Send a message via Skype™ to nani

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmaker View Post
WHERE DID MY POST GO?????

Musta timed out.

K, some ideas:

1. I'm working on a corporate sponsorship so that's a K take-away item. I work for a company that through it's Corporate Sponsorship programs is focussed on the needs of kids and have asked the question about adding HOPE to the cause. See what comes of that but I need some facts: website, exact geographical location, contact at HOPE (PM the contact information if possible so I can connect who I need to with whomever I need to).

2. What about HOPE merchandise in the SHOP area on the BB? Any chance of the SHOP holding a "buy an item in the next 30 days, half of the price of the item gets donated to HOPE" incentive.

3. A BB auction. I have a "liddlebagoriddim" still in the bag that I would gladly sell to someone and donate the proceeds to the cause. I don't need it.

4. A link to a bank account to directly donate money. Many major banks have the ability to do this and are more than willing to set up an account that is designed to transfer funds.

Lastly ('cause Nani dared me to suggest it), a song. All proceeds of the sales go to the cause. The song is called HOPE but that's all I have so far.
That's it for now kids. g/nite
1. It'd be awesome if you could get that one going, well done. The website is

http://<click here>hopevillagenamibia.com/

2. We can only ask. Someone??

3. Bernie is the man for the auction and also gathering bits and bobs for the care packages.

4. Offhand, I forget what the sponsorship site is that everyone uses with paypal etc. Can someone find that out please?

5. I'll sing ohhhh wouldn't it be great if we did one of those songs like was posted recently; where people around the world sing a verse and play instruments.

It's your baby, I double dare you x

Last edited by nani; 3rd March 2011 at 08:26 AM.
Old 3rd March 2011, 09:31 AM
Super Über UBloonie

Isn't "Just Giving" the site where people donate to others doing walkathons, runathons etc?

I don't mind co-ordinating the chatathon time slots, with the chance to pick the brains of those who used to do them. Not much but best I can put my name down for at the moment.
Old 3rd March 2011, 10:22 AM
UBloonie

For justgiving the charity has to be registered on the site ... you'd have to get Marietjie to do that

www.trudiemunnart.co.uk

"Some birds aren't meant to be caged, their feathers are just too bright"
Old 3rd March 2011, 11:31 AM
UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starshine007 View Post
Isn't "Just Giving" the site where people donate to others doing walkathons, runathons etc?

I don't mind co-ordinating the chatathon time slots, with the chance to pick the brains of those who used to do them. Not much but best I can put my name down for at the moment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by reallytruly View Post
For justgiving the charity has to be registered on the site ... you'd have to get Marietjie to do that
Just giving that's the one! I'll ask Nens to email Marietjie. Thank you x

M, you are appointed our official chatathon co-ordinator. Thank you for your kind offer. I know you're really busy right now so much appreciated x Grab someone to help lighten the load.

Later, I will post a brief with who has put their hand up to do what.
Old 3rd March 2011, 11:40 AM
UBloonie

Who can help with the facebook page, please?

Me and Nens had a good go at it...what a mess but forgive me, it was 2am on a work night and I'd said an hour earlier, I'll get 5hrs sleep.

Anyhoo, we've set up an email account so if you have some time to manage the fb page then email me. Thank you x
Old 3rd March 2011, 06:27 PM
UBloonie

The wonderful and busy LyricOfficer runs a couple of business pages on facebook and has kindly offered to run our fb page.

Thank you so very, very much x
Old 3rd March 2011, 06:50 PM
Super Über UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nani View Post
Who can help with the facebook page, please?

Me and Nens had a good go at it...what a mess but forgive me, it was 2am on a work night and I'd said an hour earlier, I'll get 5hrs sleep.

Anyhoo, we've set up an email account so if you have some time to manage the fb page then email me. Thank you x
You're welcome, and any help will be gladly accepted

Quote:
Originally Posted by nani View Post
The wonderful and busy LyricOfficer runs a couple of business pages on facebook and has kindly offered to run our fb page.

Thank you so very, very much x
Well done Elise