Go Back   UB40 Forums > General Area > UB40 Discussion

Old 25th January 2008, 10:34 AM
UBloonie

Send a message via MSN to UBAnja40

Thanks Paul to inform us,i will wish Ali all the luck in the world and also UB40 without Ali,Well guys you can do it!!!!
I will support UB40 and Ali aswell!

Big Love Anja

~~MY LOVE FOR UB40 IS TILL THE DAY I DIE~~

~~ Reggae music is the Key to my Heart,Reggae Music is My Stop and Start,From dusk to dawn,the Music's my High~~

xxAnjaxx
Old 25th January 2008, 10:36 AM
Über UBLoonie

Send a message via ICQ to Skirge, The Chef Send a message via MSN to Skirge, The Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicki-g
Sorry but dont know how to post your comment the way is it usually done

Hit the QUOTE tab then paste the text your quoting then hit the QUOTE tab again
but don't worry about it its okay.
Old 25th January 2008, 10:38 AM
Über UBLoonie

Send a message via MSN to Crump

good . im glad there still gnna be touring thanks dep!
Old 25th January 2008, 10:45 AM
UB40 Fan

how sad..
take care boys and i will support you in the future!!

Old 25th January 2008, 10:46 AM

Send a message via MSN to UBLutwyche Send a message via Yahoo to UBLutwyche

Thanks Paul

I'm sure there has been some heated debates about all this from within the band. And I guess it must have been an extremely tough decision to make. But we cannot control and manipulate, even with words, what another person wants to do with his life. The whole world does not revolve around UB40 fans. And I'm 100% sure that the fans have been taken into account regarding all this, but we ain't the ones who should accord more status.

I don't think Ali is that bothered about how well the album or singles are gonna do. I think it might be more to do with production. I think Ali has said during the Running Free promotion, that he gets to do WHAT HE WANTS to do. Theres no 8 people arguing and compromising etc. Maybe after all these years he wants to fulfill his own desires. This whole thing I guess is more to do with the music, than the fame and the money etc.

I think we should all be a bit more optimistic, and start looking forward to what Ali and the rest of the band are gonna present us with. MORE MUSIC!!! If the rest of the band create anything like the Dub Sessions, that'll do me!

When I first heard tracks from Running Free, yes I was very excited. But after multiple listens of the album throughout, I do feel rather disappointed. It would've been nice to have a band recording the album live in studio. Not programmed. With Sly & Robbie on the drums and bass, I was expecting a bit more riddim, but theres nothing to it. Maybe that is what Ali could strive for in the future. A live band in the studio. And I feel something else is missing from all these tracks. A brass section. It doesn't have to be heavy, like UB40, but would've been nice. Take Let Your Yeah Be Yeah and Pay The Rent for example.

Anyway,
Good Luck to Ali and Good Luck to the boys.

The show must go on.....

Old 25th January 2008, 10:47 AM
UB40 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skirge, Chef De Ganja
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicki-g
Sorry but dont know how to post your comment the way is it usually done

Hit the QUOTE tab then paste the text your quoting then hit the QUOTE tab again
but don't worry about it its okay.
Thanking you i got it now
Old 25th January 2008, 10:47 AM
UBloonie

Ali said... ""Suffice to say I have been deeply unhappy with many decisions , that have been made in recent years regarding the band and I have an ongoing investigation underway, into the handling of my business affairs which is continuing. "

So Ali is claiming that he's been ripped off?

Care to comment on that aspect?
Old 25th January 2008, 10:49 AM
UBloonie

Send a message via MSN to Burden of shame

Quote:
Originally Posted by UBLutwyche
Thanks Paul

I'm sure there has been some heated debates about all this from within the band. And I guess it must have been an extremely tough decision to make. But we cannot control and manipulate, even with words, what another person wants to do with his life. The whole world does not revolve around UB40 fans. And I'm 100% sure that the fans have been taken into account regarding all this, but we ain't the ones who should accord more status.

I don't think Ali is that bothered about how well the album or singles are gonna do. I think it might be more to do with production. I think Ali has said during the Running Free promotion, that he gets to do WHAT HE WANTS to do. Theres no 8 people arguing and compromising etc. Maybe after all these years he wants to fulfill his own desires. This whole thing I guess is more to do with the music, than the fame and the money etc.

I think we should all be a bit more optimistic, and start looking forward to what Ali and the rest of the band are gonna present us with. MORE MUSIC!!! If the rest of the band create anything like the Dub Sessions, that'll do me!

When I first heard tracks from Running Free, yes I was very excited. But after multiple listens of the album throughout, I do feel rather disappointed. It would've been nice to have a band recording the album live in studio. Not programmed. With Sly & Robbie on the drums and bass, I was expecting a bit more riddim, but theres nothing to it. Maybe that is what Ali could strive for in the future. A live band in the studio. And I feel something else is missing from all these tracks. A brass section. It doesn't have to be heavy, like UB40, but would've been nice. Take Let Your Yeah Be Yeah and Pay The Rent for example.

Anyway,
Good Luck to Ali and Good Luck to the boys.

The show must go on.....

Couldnt have put it better mate... ppl need to stop acting like they've been betrayed by a family member.

We need to remember that most of us are fans/loosely connected 'friends' of the band and nothing more.

That said, we are all gonna handle this differently, and I wish everyone well at this time.

Community is the word of the day people!
Old 25th January 2008, 11:03 AM
UBloonie

Thanks Paul.

I wish Ali all the best in his solo career and UB40 every success for the future. Please keep on doing what you do best UB40 performing and making fantastic music. Looking forward to the release of 24/7 and future gig dates.

Old 25th January 2008, 11:23 AM
UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skirge, Chef De Ganja
but its up to Ali who he listens too and I am afraid that some people in your life mean more to you than others its just the way it is. So maybe that is true but the fact is its not for us to judge really, the band UB40 are still going to stay together and for us that should be all that matters.
I think with that bit you said it all Skirge... well done!

You've cat to be kitten me right?