Old 3rd August 2014, 09:07 PM

Send a message via MSN to UBLutwyche Send a message via Yahoo to UBLutwyche

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB40 View Post
The set list that someone posted a few weeks back contained almost exclusively lol tracks.

He may well have added some tracks for astro, but the most damning observation was that he didn't have one single original track from any of his own records. just purple rain.

what is that saying about his own songs ???
You know I would love to see Ali do his original tracks, as in his own new material and his take on covers, more than he does UBs stuff. I would rather him do tracks off Big Love, Running Free and Flying High etc, and any other collobarated tracks he's done. Maybe the odd 4 or 5 he's done with the UB's, you know just for the hell of it.

Me, I enjoy both sides creativity. But, you know what, I couldn't care less if there were no vocals this side, Ali's or Dunc's, because for me it's the music and I would listen all day long. If the back catalogue was Dub Sessions 1 to 30, I'd still be here
Old 3rd August 2014, 09:48 PM
UBloonie

nice take on it sean. hope you ok my friend
Old 4th August 2014, 10:48 PM
UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UBLutwyche View Post
You know I would love to see Ali do his original tracks, as in his own new material and his take on covers, more than he does UBs stuff. I would rather him do tracks off Big Love, Running Free and Flying High etc, and any other collobarated tracks he's done. Maybe the odd 4 or 5 he's done with the UB's, you know just for the hell of it.

Me, I enjoy both sides creativity. But, you know what, I couldn't care less if there were no vocals this side, Ali's or Dunc's, because for me it's the music and I would listen all day long. If the back catalogue was Dub Sessions 1 to 30, I'd still be here

nice post
Old 8th August 2014, 03:32 PM
UB40 Band Member

Quote:

exactly sean.

I think aldi is diminishing himself by what he is doing.

he should try harder to promote his own material, otherwise why leave the band ??
Old 11th August 2014, 10:30 PM
UB40 Fan

He obviously thought he was bigger than the band.

Yet obviously he still needs you more than you'll ever need him.

What a plonker.
Old 12th August 2014, 07:15 PM
Super Über UBloonie

Quote:

So in a nutshell, ali can do stuff from his own cd releases, big love, running free, flying high and the odd 4-5 ub40 songs threw in.

Ub40 can stick with instrumentals........thanks.

Whats ironic, If Ali hadn't believed he was be all, end all, he wouldn't be in the boat he's in.
Old 12th August 2014, 09:19 PM

Send a message via MSN to UBLutwyche Send a message via Yahoo to UBLutwyche

Quote:
Originally Posted by kate13 View Post
So in a nutshell, ali can do stuff from his own cd releases, big love, running free, flying high and the odd 4-5 ub40 songs threw in.

Ub40 can stick with instrumentals........thanks.

Whats ironic, If Ali hadn't believed he was be all, end all, he wouldn't be in the boat he's in.
LOL. Its not quite in a nutshell as you make it out to be, perhaps you've taken it a little too literal.

I just gave a possible extreme example for effect - you know, to make my point.
Old 14th August 2014, 06:25 PM
Super Über UBloonie

Quote:
LOL. Its not quite in a nutshell as you make it out to be, perhaps you've taken it a little too literal.

I just gave a possible extreme example for effect - you know, to make my point.

Sean, paint it whatever way, If ali had lets say stuck to 80 % solo stuff 20% ub40 he'd have achieved alot more, Instead he lied and wanted it all and it backfired on him.
Old 15th August 2014, 02:12 PM
UB40 Fan

You know a few days ago on Facebook aldi put another horrendously awful statement in defence of his indefensible actions, I and others had a lot to say in defence of the band and I personally pointed out all his contradictory statements in the years since he left. In fact bt had some stuff to say too and guess what? The very next day all the comments defending the band were deleted every single one. Says it all..

Last edited by Vijay b; 15th August 2014 at 02:14 PM.
Old 15th August 2014, 05:00 PM
UB40 Band Member

this highlights another fundamental difference between UB40 and our ex singer.

The only place I post is ON THIS SITE. I visit lots of different sites, but have never ever posted on any of them. And I think that probably applies to MOST of the band. The most prolific poster in the band is probably BT, then RBC on here and maybe Facebook. And that's it.

So when I do come across some snide post on one of our [say] youtube videos, it's lovely to see fans of the band defending us. And it's incredibly heartening that so many fans out there can counter with the REAL story. Fans that have stuck with us through these difficult times. There aren't many extra facts that we need to demonstrate, you guy's seem to have it well covered.

However. . .

aldi OTOH [not himself of course, probably his ex groupie wife] spend countless hours scouring the internet looking for anything connected to UB40 so they can troll them. Various family members, including ex members wives have nothing better to do in their lives than post negative comments about us. It's part of their campaign to try and destroy us. Most, if not ALL of the trolling is done by them, not by disgruntled fans.

WE don't need to reply because you guys always get in their first and pick them apart.

It's a boodiful thing.