Go Back   UB40 Forums > General Area > UB40 Discussion

Old 23rd June 2013, 05:33 PM
UBloonie

Rolling Stone posted the whole Bob Marley LEGEND REMIXED on SoundCloud, full tracks, before the release.... you wonder why people won't purchase the cd or iTunes tracks anymore... with some easy software you can download all for free from SoundCloud.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...miere-20130611

Who is doing the marketing research for this? What good does it do to post a FULL album?

JJ
Old 23rd June 2013, 05:52 PM
UBloonie

Guess record companies should just use a voice over and mix this in with the tunes so every 30 seconds or so you get a 'from the forthcoming UB40 album Getting Over The Storm' message. Then for radio have the normal full track but limit it to just a track or two. That way for promoting online it is more an advertisement than a full track that leaked and can be re-used to burn. UB40 had a similar promo for Promises & Lies where at least there was a voice over used in between the tracks.

JJ
Old 23rd June 2013, 06:24 PM
UBloonie

in response to this post I have removed Blue Billet doux from my Facebook page.
Its a funny one this one, I personally cant see the problem, Ive often posted songs on facebook before release, some Ive had personal feedback from the artist thanking me for sharing their new mareial and helping promote it.
I dont think this is a new problem, I assume that Blue billet doux was recorded from teh Radio 2 interview, this is just like when we were younger and taping the top 40 off the radio, the quality will never be as good as the physical release.
Still, looking forward to the new album and will spread by word of mouth to everyone I know about this fact.
Old 23rd June 2013, 06:41 PM
Super Über UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrClaypole View Post
in response to this post I have removed Blue Billet doux from my Facebook page.
Its a funny one this one, I personally cant see the problem, Ive often posted songs on facebook before release, some Ive had personal feedback from the artist thanking me for sharing their new mareial and helping promote it.
I dont think this is a new problem, I assume that Blue billet doux was recorded from teh Radio 2 interview, this is just like when we were younger and taping the top 40 off the radio, the quality will never be as good as the physical release.
Still, looking forward to the new album and will spread by word of mouth to everyone I know about this fact.
They should get the DJs to rabbit over the beginning and end of the tracks like they used to when I recorded the top 40 on cassette when I was a kid.
Old 23rd June 2013, 08:47 PM
UBloonie

better wait for official release.
Old 23rd June 2013, 09:07 PM
UB40 Fan

Send a message via MSN to Fromtheislandinthesun Send a message via Yahoo to Fromtheislandinthesun

JB/Luci/BT.. my local DJ Friend on island here wanted to give his audience a listen into the track on his Morning Radio Talk show tomorrow, should i have him not play it, as i spoke to him about 2 hrs ago..

Please let me know will contact him immediately..regards..
Old 23rd June 2013, 09:23 PM
UB40 Fan

Send a message via MSN to Fromtheislandinthesun Send a message via Yahoo to Fromtheislandinthesun

For the record i have "NEVER" downloaded the Band's Material for Personal use.
All my collections are originals, i have a decent aspect of how the industry works

Will surely wait for my original copy/copies which i give to the National Radio Station and the Privately owned station for their local/internet based audiences..

Being that we are miles away from the UK, and don't have direct air access like the other sista islands have "International Airport" it's always a grin to get stuff.

So if i am at fault i will be the first to raise my hand up, re trying to give the Radio DJ here a taste of what's to come for airplay...

Regards..
Old 23rd June 2013, 10:32 PM
Über UBLoonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhondda rudie View Post
They should get the DJs to rabbit over the beginning and end of the tracks like they used to when I recorded the top 40 on cassette when I was a kid.

I think they should get Dunx to do all the promo vocal tracks in Welsh
Old 23rd June 2013, 10:37 PM
UB40 Band Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhondda rudie View Post

. . . .'That was SHOWADYWADY !! Now then, now then, here are UB40 with Blue Billy'. . . . .

something like that tom ???
Old 23rd June 2013, 10:41 PM
Über UBLoonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB40 View Post
. . . .'That was SHOWADYWADY !! Now then, now then, here are UB40 with Blue Billy'. . . . .

something like that tom ???
I thought it was Love Is All Is Alright