Go Back   UB40 Forums > General Area > UB40 Discussion

Old 24th November 2013, 02:00 AM
UBloonie

Default My thoughts on Astro

Obviously he has been a big part of UB40 since the very beginning. So he will be missed. I wish him the best, so long as he doesn't start slagging his ex band mates in the media like Ali has done. In fact, if Astro goes off on his own and starts a solo career, I would support him, there again...as long as he doesn't go off doing what Ali's been doing. If you think about it, Astro already has an awesome nickname that would probably do well for him in the music business. At any rate, best of luck to him and whatever endeavor(s) he chooses to pursue...and best of luck to UB40. Respect to the remaining members for their loyalty. For better or for worse. Even if the ship really were sinking, the band plays on...

“For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance, he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries.” - Robert Jastrow, 'God and The Astronomers'