Old 24th November 2014, 01:40 PM
UBloonie

sal i susoect they are embarrassed as they are purely a tribute band although they are accomplished musicians. they are talented but are paid by the ex singer to play UB40 music badly just because a bloke stands there with a tambourine dont make them ub40 pisses me off but it really is funny because it is so bad on the ears
Old 25th November 2014, 07:56 AM
UB40 Band Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saad View Post
A phyrric victory for the King of Ferals and Chavs
What he said !!

VIEW ALL UBTV CLIPS via link below...

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheInsideEye?feature=mhum
Old 25th November 2014, 01:51 PM
UB40 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal View Post
I'm not going to knock his backing band as musicians but when the hell was the Dep Band EVER entitled to suddenly BECOME UB40?????? So damn wrong that......wonder how they actually feel about it all??

That was my question a few months back when "The UB40 Tour To South Africa" was advertised on facebook. How the hell did the Dep Band became UB40? I did get a response via inbox regarding the Dep Band becoming Ub40 all of a sudden but somehow can't find it. As soon as I do I 'll post it here for you guys to see!!!
Old 25th November 2014, 02:00 PM
UB40 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rock View Post

That was my question a few months back when "The UB40 Tour To South Africa" was advertised on facebook. How the hell did the Dep Band became UB40? I did get a response via inbox regarding the Dep Band becoming Ub40 all of a sudden but somehow can't find it. As soon as I do I 'll post it here for you guys to see!!!
keen to see that if you can find it, i wonder if its the same canned response they posted everywhere else on the 'net.... i got myself banned from that page and all my comments deleted. after the cape town show, they also deleted all less than complimentray comments, so anyone looking at it now would think it was the best gig we've ever seen here. Hoping court action also involves getting rid of all social media pages using the name "UB40" fraudulently.
Old 25th November 2014, 02:18 PM
UB40 Fan

I tell you this it connend a lot of people in thinking it was UB40. My Brother phoned me and told me UB40 was coming to South Africa and he got tickets to see them in Paarl I Think. Explained to him the story and he was gutted lol took a smoke walked away and said thought Ali was back with UB40. He then went to his car and put Getting Over The Storm on his stereo and said this is a great song!!!!
Old 25th November 2014, 02:41 PM
UB40 Fan

This is the facebook inbox I got which I didn't bother to reply too!!!

Hi!!! I saw your post on Ali Campbell's fb page. Astro joined Ali and Mickey Virtue in December and after a fantastic gig in London, where the reception they got was phenomenal decided to reform and tour as UB40 ft Ali Astro & Mickey. They are on a world tour which is selling out every venue. There are two bands touring at the same time be aware that if it's Ali you want to see, ads will state UB40 ft Ali Astro & Mickey. Hope you don't mind me clarifying the situation.
Old 25th November 2014, 04:06 PM
UBloonie

why anyone with any morals would want to see an ex singer with a sh1t attitude is beyond me . W@&ker
Old 25th November 2014, 04:10 PM
UBloonie

thats the trouble all the hoodwinking the public was fraudulent in itself let alone telling people after they have purchased tickets is criminal and then they have the nerve to then mention the ex singer and his 2 buddies that its them . D1cks
Old 25th November 2014, 06:23 PM
UB40 Band Member

'Decided to reform after an phenomenal gig in london' ????

What a crock !!!

Astro jumped ship BEFORE they had done a single show together. You all know that. He announced he was leaving 24 hours before he was supposed to be on stage with us at liverpool cathedral.

Astro hadn't been on stage with aldi for over 6 years.

And they didn't do a show together until AFTER that.

Lies, lies, lies.
Old 25th November 2014, 09:14 PM
UB40 Band Member

just to be clear, the point I'm making is, astro and aldi planned to tour BEFORE he had even left UB40. Not AFTER they did this supposedly 'fantastic' gig in London.

they must have thought that sharing between the three of them was better than sharing with 8. greedy boys.