Go Back   UB40 Forums > General Area > UB40 Discussion

Old 29th March 2014, 11:06 PM
UBloonie

Default Ub40 in dubiln thursday the review...

I never really done a proper review so here goes,I have gone to many Ub gigs over the years & enjoyed them all with a few minor bleeps so when i heard they where booked for The Academy in My own home town i was very excited as i have been to the venue a no. of times & find it never lets me down, 1 thing that stuck out was the size of stage & venue no surprise an other night was added to be honest & as the band came on I had a little giggle as Jimmy struggled to get behind his rhythm machine & as cool as he is flips the sun glasses on with Earl appearing out of no where as usual, then Brian & co elbowing each other getting there bearings with Duncan then arriving nearly falling over lol to that Pleasant thumping delightful drum & bass & then exhilarating brass.........just MAGIC is all i can say.........

The crowd was the usual partisan Dubliners with a good mix of young & old, couples,groups of hip swayin ladies, knee gerking me, nice happy feel to the place ( as alot of us no there has been over the years a somewhat hostile element to the odd ub gig in Dublin with stupid fights) back to the fun into the 2nd song what a treat & third & 4th the place was in full voice as where the band....even Robin acknowledged the crowd as he could only hear the crowd sing word for word in an amazing no. of songs thrown out by the Boys.

One thing stuck out was how much fun the band was having smiles all round with banter between themselves & crowd constant throughout, I was around 6ft from stage & seen how hard the boys really work it was amazing & felt great pride in them & myself for being a UB40 fan the setlist was wonderful & well mixed with old & new some of my favs on there & I felt new no.s from GOTS where well received and more importantly sounded excellent.Duncan as per usual sounded brilliant & out on his own to be honest with his recordings from lol4 & gots, i could be wrong but think he missed a line on 1 song nothing major again a little giggle by me & Robin also & swear the 2 of them seen me.....giggling.

I could go on & on the gig is still buzzin in my head trying to remember songs but over all it was excellent, crowd where up for it yes the hits & lol tunes had them going mad but so did the old & new added to a setlist that couldn't be criticised by anyone......I loved it my wife loved it Dublin loved it viva UB40

If anything Norman could add a few of his classic songs but thats just me being picky & the masses have to be entertained......as for Earl on the mic what can i say get yourself a ticket & go & as for ub fans around the world pray to the all mighty that UB40 COME YOUR WAY !!!!!!!!

1 REGRET IS I COUDNT GO FRIDAY NIGHT BUT I CAN OVER THAT KNOWING UB40 IS ALIVE & KICKING................

THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART BOYS IT WAS A PLEASURE TO SEE YOU LIVE AGAIN LOOKING FORWARD TO THE NEXT 1.............so here i am aka Glyn
Old 29th March 2014, 11:11 PM
Super Über UBloonie

Glyn, you've made up for never having written a review before. The excitement jumps off the page. So glad the crowd didn't let the band down. The band never let the crowd down, so it's only fair

Really can't wait until next Friday, sounds like we're all in for an extra special treat on this tour. Thanks for your enthusiasm
Old 29th March 2014, 11:21 PM
UBloonie

Great read Glyn xxx
Old 29th March 2014, 11:23 PM
UBloonie

Thanks Michelle enjoy Friday ....signing off gigs was magic a treat something special a memory i cherish thinking i would never feel again like your 1st UB gig this setlist adds up to that in my book
Old 29th March 2014, 11:27 PM
Super Über UBloonie

That good huh?
Old 30th March 2014, 12:26 AM
UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishlisa2 View Post
Great read Glyn xxx
thanks Lisa
Old 30th March 2014, 12:29 AM
Super Über UBloonie

Fantastic review Glyn,you've done yourself proud.
Old 30th March 2014, 03:40 PM
UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhondda rudie View Post
Fantastic review Glyn,you've done yourself proud.
Cheers Tom
Old 30th March 2014, 04:14 PM
UBloonie

A review to remember,
Thanks for taking the time to add to
the excitement of this tour.x
Old 30th March 2014, 07:35 PM
Über UBLoonie

Thank so much so tgere you were....So perfection was archived ....what a great review ....we are sitting here in the hotel room reading all these reviews ....soon come.... Lol at the wee niggles re Norman ....we all do with a three hour set ...loved this am...pre living it .... Tomorrow can't come soon enough....