Go Back   UB40 Forums > General Area > UB40 Discussion

Old 16th July 2009, 02:11 AM
Über UBLoonie

We had a result on Sunday, after seeing some of the prices on ebay for standing tickets at the O2 in London, (which ticketmaster are still selling). We're very happy with $39.50 each.

Foof's you want to add a flight to those whacky prices we usually have to pay for gigs this side of the pond. Although I was really pleased with the prices this time round.

I thought ticket sales were banned on ebay, obviously not. As for these sites where the prices are highked up, they should be shut down. What an absolute con!!!
Old 17th July 2009, 02:45 PM
UBloonie

This hike in prices for tickets concerned me ages ago Some ticket agencies can sell tickets for any price they want.. How do these people justify these prices?..The sites selling these tickets for extortionate prices must stop..There is,(or appears to be),little regulation in the amount of money they can ask for tickets and it's just profiteering from people's hard earned cash.. The whole point of people being able to buy a ticket they can afford,is to keep the musicians happy aswell as the audiences..
Old 17th July 2009, 03:23 PM
Super Über UBloonie

Send a message via MSN to Nes B40

The thing is, is that some people will pay these prices especial if the venue is sold out, But proberly wouldn't be sold out if these greedy feckers didn't go buying such a vast amount of tickets just to make a huge profit,

I wonder what happens if these greedy feckers don't sell all the tickets they have bought Do they lose out, Hope so

http://s305.photobucket.com/albums/nn213/nesbit_bucket/
Old 17th July 2009, 04:01 PM
UB40 Band Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nes
The thing is, is that some people will pay these prices especial if the venue is sold out, But proberly wouldn't be sold out if these greedy feckers didn't go buying such a vast amount of tickets just to make a huge profit,

I wonder what happens if these greedy feckers don't sell all the tickets they have bought Do they lose out, Hope so

Hi Nes..yes they lose out BUT thats the last thing we are concerned with its the empty seats in the building that are left over, remember the bands don't recieve the full ticket price only a small % AND the ticket price has to pay for the building, all the workers, the band, the show, lights , sound, PA, hotels, travel, wages, the list is endless... infact the basic ticket pays for EVERYTHING....And these people are putting the music business out of business.
Old 17th July 2009, 04:21 PM
Super Über UBloonie

Send a message via MSN to Nes B40

Quote:
Originally Posted by bt/ub40
Quote:
Originally Posted by nes

Hi Nes..yes they lose out BUT thats the last thing we are concerned with its the empty seats in the building that are left over, remember the bands don't recieve the full ticket price only a small % AND the ticket price has to pay for the building, all the workers, the band, the show, lights , sound, PA, hotels, travel, wages, the list is endless... infact the basic ticket pays for EVERYTHING....And these people are putting the music business out of business.
Hi BT, Yes I fully understand what you are saying but if these greedy feckers have bought the vast amount of tickets and the venu is sold out then hasn't the venu made the money for those empty seats to pay your wages ect ect weather the greedy feckers have sold their tickets or not if you see what I mean.

PS
Thank you for your opinion it means a lot

http://s305.photobucket.com/albums/nn213/nesbit_bucket/
Old 17th July 2009, 04:24 PM
Über UBLoonie

ticket sales in general need looking at, apart from the artists being deprived of revenue and as bt says its not just the band, that loose out, they have to pay their staff wages ie the paul and faith bus drivers caterers roadies i imigine there's much more but after they're all paid i doubt the band make as much as many ppl may think, also its far too easy for touts they may buy 10- 20 tickets then told they can have no more, but all they need to do is offer some passer by a few quid to go in and buy some more, then on the night of the show they can easily stand outside the venue and sell their tickets at an inflated price in the knowledge they can most probably get away with it
Old 17th July 2009, 05:09 PM
UBloonie

iv'e bought tickets like this before....i've left it too late and the venue is sold out...I still want to see the band...i pay the price!!!!

Its catch 22.......if i dont buy them, would they stop selling???....I'd miss out, I could get more organised....at least i'm going and a real lover of the music!

In an idea world...i wouldn't.....i'd rather not.....but......i do!
Old 18th July 2009, 03:38 AM
Über UBLoonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bt/ub40
You've taken me down memory lane, many moons ago working in the Docklands, frantically getting in the last minute figures on event nights, so the promotors could be given their money during the evening, less some very big expenses just for that particular night of a tour. Oh happy days