Go Back   UB40 Forums > General Area > UB40 Discussion

Old 27th August 2014, 11:53 PM
UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneillk View Post
80% with your lack of intelligence you no that sounds stupid.
wouldn't that be a "know" instead of "no"? Don't be calling others stupid....

“For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance, he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries.” - Robert Jastrow, 'God and The Astronomers'
Old 28th August 2014, 01:24 AM
Super Über UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB40 View Post
if we are talking about gigs sold under the name of Ub40, and gigs sold under the name aldi campbell, then I think you'll find we outnumber him by way over 10-1. probably more like 30-1. I think a couple of people on this site have been keeping count.

when it comes to foreign shows and festivals, well that's a bit harder to quantify because he uses the name of his old band to sell the tickets.

And the few british dates that were put on sale under the name UB40 by our ex singer don't count either.

Even if you did count them it's still only a handful compared to nearly 50 for UB40.

any more questions ??
This is from a while back Jimmy.If memory serves you got the information from Joris.If anything the difference will be even more marked now since he's been like Lord Lucan until the end of last year.

http://www.ub40.co.uk/forum/ub40-dis...ell-truth.html
Old 28th August 2014, 02:17 AM
UB40 Band Member

thanks comrade.

That's well out of date though. I think that calculation was made before the signing off tour.

And your right about aldi.

After the cancelation of his first solo tour he hasn't been able to put a tour together since, not in the UK anyway. His south african and aussy tour were sold under the name of his old band.

In the UK he had three years of playing only two small gigs in london and birmingham, and they weren't sold out.

So, apart from the odd festival or racecourse gig, he has done about 4 or 5 shows before this year. Which is why his recent UK dates were sold under the name UB40, not aldi campbell the legendary voice of UB40 reunited with astro and mickey.

The signing off tour was about 26 or so dates. And this new tour will be well over 40 dates. All sold out.

So, add about 70 dates to our tally, and another 5 to aldi's.

That's about 177 altogether for us.

And . . . .er. . . . .23 for our ex singer.

I think that puts it all in perspective.
Old 28th August 2014, 05:48 AM
UB40 Fan

Quote:
Looks like the South Africans loved him!

UB40 SOUTH AFRICA AT JHB BOTANICAL GARDENS - YouTube
Audiences here love anything, a monkey in a suit singing Red Red Wine would have gotten the same reaction. Are you implying that because people clapped its ok to commit fraud?
Old 28th August 2014, 05:54 AM
UB40 Fan

Quote:
80% with your lack of intelligence you no that sounds stupid.
perhaps i should have said 90% then...
Old 28th August 2014, 06:21 AM
UB40 Fan

Send a message via AIM to oneillk Send a message via MSN to oneillk

Video evidence proves you wrong tho!!!!
Old 28th August 2014, 09:06 AM
UB40 Fan

Quote:
Video evidence proves you wrong tho!!!!
video evidence? all you have is a bunch of people at a show.. where exactly does the video provide evidence of anything? I was there remember...

does your video show people complaining when he sang Silhouette and Purple Rain - "why are 'ub40" singing Prince songs, this isn't what i paid to see" etc... Like I said, South Africans are starved of good live shows, they go to everything that comes here. That same crowd was probably at Justin Bieber and Bon Jovi as well, dancing along.

The only thing that matters is that all the actual UB40 fans I know (those who actually follow the the band and went with me to previous UB40 gigs) didn't even bother going. Only reason I was even there was because my friend's band were one of the opening acts and I got tickets from him.

So no, i don't see evidence of anything except:

a). a bunch of people who didn't know any better being conned into thinking they were paying to see UB40.

b). proof that he was masquearding as UB40, see that lovely lit up UB40 on the stage screen?

Oh
Old 28th August 2014, 01:28 PM
UBloonie

Default :)

TJAKKAAAAAA thats proof

Much respect Junkie Rock Star!!!

ubnormie
Old 28th August 2014, 03:50 PM
UB40 Band Member

how silly.

as if posting a clip of an audience enjoying our ex singers show means anything at all.

I can put up dozens of clips of UB40 tribute bands where the audience are ecstatic, everyone singing along and dancing.

What they are celebrating is the music of UB40. The words written by BT, RBC and myself. The bass lines written by earl, the harmonies arranged by RBC, the horn arrangements by BT. And, of course, the vocals and melody's of our ex singer.

The dep band are PRETENDING to be us [not THEIR choice I'm sure].

They are letting people believe that the original creators of the music are on stage performing when they are not.

I wonder how the audience feel when they find out that NONE of the money they handed over was going to go to most of the original writers of the music.

When UB40 recorded our labour of love series of albums the band were adamant that the ORIGINAL composers of the songs were the ones that received the royalties for their songs. many of them had never earned a penny from their creativity because they were ripped off by unscrupulous record company types. The WHOLE band thought it was really important to make sure that the talent and creativity of these artists was fairly rewarded.

It's ironic that what was done to scandalously rip off those original musicians, our ex singer is now doing to his old mates.

i love it when idiots come here to defend the indefensible because it always ends up exposing our ex singer to even more ridicule.

Last edited by JB40; 28th August 2014 at 04:38 PM.
Old 28th August 2014, 06:05 PM
UB40 Fan

Send a message via AIM to oneillk Send a message via MSN to oneillk

Junkie said 80% of the crowd was disappointed that it was not the original Ub40, so I posted the clips from the SA concert to prove Junkie wrong. If Junki has clips to prove ME wrong then Junkie should post them and not make things up.
Closed Thread