Go Back   UB40 Forums > General Area > UB40 Discussion

Old 28th August 2014, 11:14 PM
UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhondda rudie View Post
Apologies to BT and JB for posting another video but I think this demonstrates how the rent boy 3 are damaging the UB40 brand.Astro looks fed up and sounds incredibly out of tune.Thanks to Bruno from Paris.

Oh wow.....what the hell is going on there???

Evening boys and girls......and yes.....the old fossil is still here, alive and breathing .. Don't really like getting involved in these discussions any more but that clip was shocking. I just felt like Astro couldn't find his bearings at all with the dep band. That was really bad......never, ever heard him struggle like that. Very sad viewing x
Old 28th August 2014, 11:14 PM
UB40 Band Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piotrek View Post
I couldn't agree more, Jimmy. Though considering the fact that the "popular" tunes, let's call them that way, account for your presence in media, they are a big part of the expectations even of those "hardcore" fans willing to dip a big deeper in the band history and discover something new, non-standard.

To put it simple using an example: RRW, a great tune, easy to recognise, not really the one I'd like to hear on a gig in the first place but still..not hearing it would be a bit weird - I can't explain it better, it's a psychological thing. Don't get me wrong anyway

yeah, your right P.

I did say we dared to TALK about it. I don't see it happening any time soon. But it's an ambition for the future. I'm not knocking it, I'm eternally grateful for the success it has given the band.

It's only the participation element that makes it a good live number. We've introduced plenty of tracks to the live set that didn't stay on the list for very long. Some songs work great live, even if they're unknown. Other songs can be hit records but don't translate live so well. If RRW hadn't been such a big hit for us I think the song would have been dropped years ago.
Old 28th August 2014, 11:17 PM
UB40 Band Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal View Post
Oh wow.....what the hell is going on there???

Evening boys and girls......and yes.....the old fossil is still here, alive and breathing .. Don't really like getting involved in these discussions any more but that clip was shocking. I just felt like Astro couldn't find his bearings at all with the dep band. That was really bad......never, ever heard him struggle like that. Very sad viewing x

your up late sal.

hasn't nurse done the rounds for lights out yet. ???
Old 28th August 2014, 11:18 PM
UB40 Band Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saad View Post
JRS - you forget you can't reason with an idiot................

exactly correct saad.
Old 28th August 2014, 11:26 PM
UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB40 View Post
your up late sal.

hasn't nurse done the rounds for lights out yet. ???
Shhhhhhhh JB ..........you need to keep your voice down. Nurse has already done the rounds and the lights are all out. I've got the duvet over my head as we speak with my little torch on. Live life dangerously me you know.....right on the edge
Old 29th August 2014, 08:08 AM
UB40 Fan

Send a message via AIM to oneillk Send a message via MSN to oneillk

Idiot? Because I don't go round kissing band members asses, who are obsessed with Ali!

What it amounts to is sad old men who are trying but failing to recreate what they had with Ali.

Then we have the two faced so called fans who toe the party line on here then go and watch him. You then have G Morgan who helps set up a page on face book, that brings both sets of fans together, then he starts saying he likes Ali music. He then gets exposed by the other moderators for being two faced then gets kicked out.

The reality is you can't cope without Ali being in your lives.
Old 29th August 2014, 09:52 AM
UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneillk View Post
Idiot? Because I don't go round kissing band members asses, who are obsessed with Ali!

What it amounts to is sad old men who are trying but failing to recreate what they had with Ali.

Then we have the two faced so called fans who toe the party line on here then go and watch him. You then have G Morgan who helps set up a page on face book, that brings both sets of fans together, then he starts saying he likes Ali music. He then gets exposed by the other moderators for being two faced then gets kicked out.

I didn't help setup any page. I am friends with the people who setup a page and they made me a moderator without me asking for it. I literally woke up one morning and saw on my Facebook updates that I'd been made a moderator over a page that I never knew had even been created. I went along with it, because after what I was told, I thought it was a good idea that maybe both sides should have their ability to speak their minds. I believe that freedom of speech is a good thing, if handled the right way. I was never "exposed" by anyone. I left the UB40ChatZone facebook page of my own free will because some of the trouble on there got out of hand and my hands were tied. The other two moderators wouldn't allow me to delete Ali's crazy fans. So rather than try to tell someone else how to run their own page, I got out of it. I never professed to be an Ali fan either. So before you start spreading rumors, you might want to check the facts, mate.

You're a liar and the truth ain't in you. Just ask the two people who setup that UB40 ChatZone. I talked to them just yesterday, explaining my stance. They'll tell ya the truth. I got out of that crap while I still had my sanity left. So you best leave my name out of your shit stirring, a'right? You have a lot of guts, you pathetic little keyboard warrior. You wouldn't dare say this stuff to my face. Typical coward.

“For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance, he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries.” - Robert Jastrow, 'God and The Astronomers'
Old 29th August 2014, 09:54 AM
UBloonie

I bet you are the sorry little coward that comes on here, starts arguments with Jimmy, just to get him riled up, and then screen captures his responses and post them over at the UB40ChatZone just to get the Ali fans to start trouble. How brave of ya! lol

“For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance, he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries.” - Robert Jastrow, 'God and The Astronomers'

Last edited by GefferyMorgan; 29th August 2014 at 09:56 AM.
Old 29th August 2014, 10:15 AM
UBloonie

I bet I know you are....I bet I know exactly who you are, ma'am

Old 29th August 2014, 10:40 AM
Super Über UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneillk View Post

I joined UB Chatzone and lasted about 48 hours because of an influx of people like you.The only thing you can accuse JB of really is stating the obvious As for your last sentence.It's his use of the UB40 name and the substandard performances he puts on in that name that annoys UB40 fans.Until late last year there had been barely a mention of him for months.Why don't you stick to his facebook page,no doubt they'd be very grateful for the traffic.And why are picking on Matt? That page was started with the best of intentions but was soon hijacked by people who hate UB40!!!