Go Back   UB40 Forums > General Area > UB40 Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 19th August 2014, 07:02 PM
UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB40 View Post
Ironic isn't it matt ??

I think it shows that he is only really interested in the casual, middle-of-the-road fans that loved red red wine and can't help falling. I imagine, in his head, he thinks he can recall the 'glory days' of number one smash hits around the world.

But the music business has changed. Everything is a lot more fragmented. And record sales have tanked business wide, not just for us.
Yeah, it really does seem like he's trying to recapture his former glory, rather than trying to adapt to the current market. Like you said, the music business is not what it used to be. I've been studying how the trends are working in the states, and album sales are abysmal compared to 10 or 15 years ago....yet singles are selling as much as ten times MORE, well, the TOP singles are anyway.....I haven't done enough studies on singles that are in the middle and lower tiers...I would suspect that they are actually on the way down. Either way, I suppose this is a subject for another topic.

“For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance, he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries.” - Robert Jastrow, 'God and The Astronomers'