"We are not UB40, we are WeAreUB40"

That makes perfect sense to me.
Old 21st August 2014, 10:18 PM
UB40 Band Member

. . . . . .er. . . . . . . .
Old 21st August 2014, 10:22 PM
UBloonie

"We Are UB-Empty!" or "We Are UB-MT"

“For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance, he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries.” - Robert Jastrow, 'God and The Astronomers'
Old 21st August 2014, 10:43 PM
UBloonie

i am more confused than Aldi himself
Old 25th August 2014, 05:27 PM
UB40 Fan

I've been listening to UB40 since I was about 7 or 8 yo and since your outstanding performance in 2001 in Sopot (Poland) I'm truly in love with your music.

I must say Ali has disappointed me, very, very much, I didn't really think of him in that way throughout the past years, well, I couldn't have, I didn't realize that things may go wrong even after 30 years of sticking together as band members.

I asked once a female friend of mine what she thinks of this, I put it all clear - what happend and so. She answered me in a simple yet very impressive way: Sometimes it's good that things don't happen the way they usually do and a rapid change takes places. It's just a turning point and there is more room for fresh and innovative thoughts.

GOTS is definitely an innovation, and more than a proof that you guys are doing well. I am very thankful for that, especially for I didn't know that I...this one rocks!!!

Things have gone too far by now, let's face it. But it's a great chance for both sides, just leaving the court-related stuff aside for a while. A lesson has been lernt - UB40 outperforms Ali by far (BY FAR!) and he, still being a good musician, has to rethink his actions.

That's it for today, have a great afternoon, all of you!
Old 25th August 2014, 09:01 PM
UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piotrek View Post
I've been listening to UB40 since I was about 7 or 8 yo and since your outstanding performance in 2001 in Sopot (Poland) I'm truly in love with your music.

I must say Ali has disappointed me, very, very much, I didn't really think of him in that way throughout the past years, well, I couldn't have, I didn't realize that things may go wrong even after 30 years of sticking together as band members.

I asked once a female friend of mine what she thinks of this, I put it all clear - what happend and so. She answered me in a simple yet very impressive way: Sometimes it's good that things don't happen the way they usually do and a rapid change takes places. It's just a turning point and there is more room for fresh and innovative thoughts.

GOTS is definitely an innovation, and more than a proof that you guys are doing well. I am very thankful for that, especially for I didn't know that I...this one rocks!!!

Things have gone too far by now, let's face it. But it's a great chance for both sides, just leaving the court-related stuff aside for a while. A lesson has been lernt - UB40 outperforms Ali by far (BY FAR!) and he, still being a good musician, has to rethink his actions.

That's it for today, have a great afternoon, all of you!
nice post.
Old 26th August 2014, 07:11 PM
Super Über UBloonie

After reading through this thread again I just had a look at his facebook page.They posted a thread the other week "to clear up confusion" stating Ali's out fit is called "Ali Campbell Legendary Voice Of UB40 Reunited With Mickey and Astro" (dressing room will need a fking big door to get that lot on!!!!).Then,every post after that has #WeAreUB40 on it.What a bunch of amateur shysters.

There's a load of posts supposedly by Ali Campbell asking inane questions in a pathetic attempt to drum up a bit of interest.Strikes me as very sad to have someone who is pretending to be someone who is pretending to be in UB40.
Old 26th August 2014, 10:31 PM
UBloonie

nobody interested now Tom. No more fests for him to try and sqeeze in around ub40 tours , astro must be in more financial sh1t than ever with no gigs to play his tambourine at. he will be paid the same as mickey and the rest of the dep band
Old 27th August 2014, 12:18 AM
UB40 Band Member

And when he calls himself 'aldi campbell the legendary voice of UB40 reunited with astro and mickey' guess which word will be the most prominent on his posters ????

Yes. They have chosen that mouthful on purpose because they will have to squeeze it all in in tiny lettering. But what won't be tiny is the biggest UB40 they can fit on. So the only thing readable is the name of the band he left seven years ago. Not a mention of the 'dep' band of course. The band actually playing.

When he makes the statement 'I have been clear who will be playing' he's lying of course.

We have copies of at least two recent interviews where he said he was 'taking back the name' to 'protect the legacy'. That we had changed to country and western and we were degrading the name of UB40. because of that he was going to call aldi astro mickey and the dep band UB40 from now on.

It's all there in black and white.

He's been back tracking in the last few weeks, quite probably as a result of the pressure from our litigation. But it's too little too late I'm afraid.
Old 27th August 2014, 12:48 AM
UBloonie

Yeah, Jimmy, until I read Ali's interview, I never knew you guys were turning country now. Odd to me, I haven't seen you play at the Grand Ole Opry yet! lol. He hurls insults your way for covering country tunes, all the while forgetting that he did a dreadful cover of rock songs a few years back called "Great British Songs". That went over like a screen door on a submarine! lol

“For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance, he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries.” - Robert Jastrow, 'God and The Astronomers'
Closed Thread