Old 26th May 2014, 08:41 PM
Super Über UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB40 View Post
I think we should don't you comrade ?

Let's see if we can take the peoples revolution a stage further. Nothing can stop an idea who's time has come.
Our time has come comrade,they won't know what's hit them.
Old 26th May 2014, 08:46 PM
Ubique Über UBloonie

Mai or grace could help you set it up, it's not rocket science, even an old fart like you could figure it out.
Old 26th May 2014, 08:55 PM
UBloonie

Quote:
Me neither OL.

While it's here so will I be.
we will be the last 2 jimbob. I have been watching my better half on fb the last hour and well it looks okish but i need to have a good think about it and di i use my bb name or real or an alias oh i dont know lets just enjoy the bb for now
Old 26th May 2014, 09:01 PM
Super Über UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by old loonie View Post
we will be the last 2 jimbob. I have been watching my better half on fb the last hour and well it looks okish but i need to have a good think about it and di i use my bb name or real or an alias oh i dont know lets just enjoy the bb for now
I've been resisting it for years too but finally took the plunge.The UB40 page is like the bb used to be,very lively.I can recommend it.
Old 26th May 2014, 10:49 PM
Über UBLoonie

Fb is a betrayal of PB rules and punishable by having your hair styled ala Kim Jong Un

Old 26th May 2014, 10:59 PM
Super Über UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saad View Post
Fb is a betrayal of PB rules and punishable by having your hair styled ala Kim Jong Un

You're just a philistine. But that's ok, there is an entry policy
Old 27th May 2014, 01:53 PM
UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhondda rudie View Post
I've been resisting it for years too but finally took the plunge.The UB40 page is like the bb used to be,very lively.I can recommend it.
You certainly did take the plunge and not only survived, but are almost a pro!! (BTW, listened to the Spice Girls today yet?? ). Its not that hard, just takes actually going on and using a few times, and the privacy settings and blocking features are wonderful tools that I highly recommend.

I love Twitter, but mostly for getting my news on the train. Its a very fast paced site that you have to be committed to to keep up. But for getting my international news fix, its perfect.

The only problem with this forum that I have is that I'm busy and rarely get on an actual computer these days, and this forum and my iPhone didn't get along very well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saad View Post

Old 27th May 2014, 06:37 PM
UBloonie

those bloody Neolithic people, coming over here in 6000bc taking jobs from out native hunter gatherers, with their bloody pottery and some ridiculous invention called farming, they should take their farming and piss off back to where they came from, as wondering around britain for days on end, half starving to death trying to spear a woolly rhino, is what makes britain great....said ugg, local stoneage ukip rep.
Old 28th May 2014, 06:44 PM
Über UBLoonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGhost-F.G.E View Post
those bloody Neolithic people, coming over here in 6000bc taking jobs from out native hunter gatherers, with their bloody pottery and some ridiculous invention called farming, they should take their farming and piss off back to where they came from, as wondering around britain for days on end, half starving to death trying to spear a woolly rhino, is what makes britain great....said ugg, local stoneage ukip rep.

He also added that the bloody subsidies from Europe would put native Briton Mammoth Farmers at a disadvantage and possibly even out of business
Old 30th May 2014, 12:49 AM
Über UBLoonie

Quote:
Dunno OL.

Maybe it's time for old bstrds like us to see the writing on the wall. These old forums are a thing of the past. It's all moved on now to Facebook and twitter. I'll post here as long as this site is still running, but I'm not sure how long that will be. Not that there are any immediate plans to close it. In the real world we sometimes move house, there is a lot of upheaval and stress involved but we still do it and hope it's for the best. Time for a cyber move now I think. It can't be too hard can it. I've set a deadline of the next leg of the British tour to complete the move. I'll be very disappointed if you guys don't follow me, I won't be abandoning this site just yet.

As far as ukrap are concerned. The most ironic thing is they defend everything British. The £, lb's and oz's, yards and miles, and hilariously, the British system of elections. They complain of a lack of democracy in the EU, but support an UNELECTED House of Lords. And defend first-past-the-post, the very flawed system that will guarantee they never wield any power. If we took our lessons from Europe then the kippers would be guaranteed a seat at the table through proportional representation. Probably best we stick with FPTP for now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhondda rudie View Post
Our time has come comrade,they won't know what's hit them.
NNNNOOOOOO !!! But I do get it...laptop away for few weeks and it takes ages to try and squint on a phone ...meanie teeny writing make my pupils want to explode......but I have managed to get onto face books afew times....thing is these things also move on....fro what I hear FB and twitter are now considered "old style " ....so we cannot escape the stigma......