Old 25th May 2014, 11:19 AM
UBloonie

Mr G... to answer your last question.... most didn't vote as they know all politicians are as bad as each other

Ani
Old 25th May 2014, 04:42 PM
UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANiMALicious View Post
Mr G... to answer your last question.... most didn't vote as they know all politicians are as bad as each other

Ani
your probably not wrong on that score...

i sometimes think the political classes actually quite like the fact that the majority of voting adults in this country dont vote,,cause if they did, i think the political landscape in this country would change dramitically,,,
especially if they get rid of the silly first past the post system..
if u live in a safe tory seat and vote labour, your vote counts for nothing.
in a PR system your choice might lose, but at least your vote will still count.
Old 25th May 2014, 09:24 PM
UBloonie

dont leave us here Jim there will be a massive void mate. I am not on fb so i get my info and rows here
Old 25th May 2014, 10:29 PM
UB40 Band Member

Dunno OL.

Maybe it's time for old bstrds like us to see the writing on the wall. These old forums are a thing of the past. It's all moved on now to Facebook and twitter. I'll post here as long as this site is still running, but I'm not sure how long that will be. Not that there are any immediate plans to close it. In the real world we sometimes move house, there is a lot of upheaval and stress involved but we still do it and hope it's for the best. Time for a cyber move now I think. It can't be too hard can it. I've set a deadline of the next leg of the British tour to complete the move. I'll be very disappointed if you guys don't follow me, I won't be abandoning this site just yet.

As far as ukrap are concerned. The most ironic thing is they defend everything British. The £, lb's and oz's, yards and miles, and hilariously, the British system of elections. They complain of a lack of democracy in the EU, but support an UNELECTED House of Lords. And defend first-past-the-post, the very flawed system that will guarantee they never wield any power. If we took our lessons from Europe then the kippers would be guaranteed a seat at the table through proportional representation. Probably best we stick with FPTP for now.
Old 25th May 2014, 10:36 PM
UBloonie

jim i still got vinyls mate and i aint joking. i still like to buy a CD not download because i have a lot of both the above and see no reason to ditch them. Notice you still play skinned drums not them pad sthings
Old 25th May 2014, 11:09 PM
UBloonie

me too OL an im proud of me vinyls!
JB not all of us old bstards use fb or twitter... what a crock, im goin for me tea, im havin a bath wtf? do I need to know that crap?
This site is all about UB40 and us... the fans. we can have political, homophobic arguments here; amongst others without the crap from racists, fascists and radicals that know naff all about anything... except there mate goin for a bath.
long live this forum!

Ani
Old 25th May 2014, 11:19 PM
Super Über UBloonie

On Facebook you can't really have indepth discussion, on here you can if you choose too.

Animal, OL and Jim it's easy enough to do both.

UKip i know a person who did voted for them, that's the only reason i went and voted labour with a heavy heart.
Old 25th May 2014, 11:21 PM
UBloonie

thank god for us aye Ani, i have just spoke to my better half about her fb, she has photos on her profile that she cant remove as other people have shared or tagged, bollox to that whatever happened to data protection?. na i have been posting since 2001 i had a different posting name then so i see no reason to quit now
Old 25th May 2014, 11:25 PM
UBloonie

its just the personal stuff that puts me off kate, not that i have anything to hide but wr all have pasts and there are certainly some people in the past that should be left there and it just makes it easier i think for them to get hold of you

Last edited by old loonie; 25th May 2014 at 11:28 PM.
Old 26th May 2014, 12:44 AM
UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by old loonie View Post
its just the personal stuff that puts me off kate, not that i have anything to hide but wr all have pasts and there are certainly some people in the past that should be left there and it just makes it easier i think for them to get hold of you
It's not all that easy for the ones you don't like to get a hold of you on Facebook if you block them. I don't let what other people think of me control where I go and what I do. Know what I mean bro? C'mon and join us

“For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance, he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries.” - Robert Jastrow, 'God and The Astronomers'