Go Back   UB40 Forums > General Area > General Anarchy

Old 18th April 2014, 06:52 PM
Super Über UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB40 View Post
Sure did comrade. From banker to rentier class. Neither job is any benefit to society, and their buy to let business is just exploiting people who have been priced out of the housing market. And hiding money offshore. They are all at it. Hypocrites.
Yep,truly a woman with no redeeming features.A crook overseeing crooks.
Old 19th April 2014, 11:28 PM
UBloonie

Myself and my wife are comfortably off, we both earn above national average. We both grew up in council houses and have worked hard to achieve in life. The only thing we don't have is our own house. We're having to rent and at the same time watch house prices spiral up and up. I can't help but think that the limited number of houses available is not helped by people owning multiple homes. The poor housing market causes a vicious cycle where people decide to rent their house out because they can't sell, taking more houses off the market (my feeling is that there should be a cap on owning multiple homes). I have this cynical thought that the government won't build too many more houses because it could cause a house price crash. Instead we have to privately rent, lining someones pocket and preventing us from obtaining stability or the chance to impose our own personality on our home. Things starting to look up and maybe we'll be able to get a mortgage in the next 12 months or so but it'll be a huge proportion of our income.