Old 11th June 2009, 01:08 AM
Super Über UBloonie

Send a message via MSN to dutchy Send a message via Yahoo to dutchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by style jc
thats my point duch as least ur honest im not her to argue with anyone just to say wat u said.i think his new cd is fab,and i no more than half on here will buy the cd but there quick to put him down,and its even sad to say a pro band that have knoked him down on this website,who is wrong and right.
You're absolutely right, my wife is gonna buy the album, if she wants to it's ok, her choice
And as you said there will be peeps in here buying his album, they're just going with the flow, but still buying his album.
And to be honest, i don't blame people liking ali, they didn't do things wrong. I didn't took a side either, till a few weeks ago
Old 11th June 2009, 01:11 AM
Super Über UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Diego
I for one will never spend a dime on anything done by Ali Campbell, and I'm being absolutely honest. Does he have a wonderful voice, Yes....did that make him UB40..NO. For me personally, he was just one piece of the magic that was the UB40 of old. I love Ducan's style, I love his voice and quite frankly, I love the vitality that he and Tony have both brought to the new and invigorated UB40.
I can honestly say, I've never liked Ali, the individual, I met him a number of times and I alway found him to be arrogant and could see that he would rather be anywhere else than meeting a loyal fan of the band. None of the other members, Mickey included have ever made me feel this way, they have always gone out of their way to send a smile or a wave.....

While I respect that you are not of the same opinion as I am, I also ask that you respect mine.

By the way... Many congratulations to you and lovely bride to be, I wish you every happiness in the world.

May i be honest about this to?
Till now i am not keen on duncans singing, but!!!! that's because he sings the songs ali did, after the new album i will come back at this point, new stuff you can't compare
Old 11th June 2009, 01:11 AM
UBloonie

Send a message via MSN to style jc Send a message via Yahoo to style jc

i have met all band members a few time,ya its exciting ur first time to meet the band of ur dreams,but all bands are the same,we could go on all night and and say ub40 are cool but some are are nice and some are shy or boaring.my daughter met them in galways few years ago.wat if ali and micky are right.
Old 11th June 2009, 01:12 AM
Super Über UBloonie

But i still like you San Diego
Old 11th June 2009, 01:13 AM
Ubique Über UBloonie

Quote:
i have met all band members a few time,ya its exciting ur first time to meet the band of ur dreams,but all bands are the same,we could go on all night and and say ub40 are cool but some are are nice and some are shy or boaring.my daughter met them in galways few years ago.wat if ali and micky are right.
True, but what if they're not?
Old 11th June 2009, 01:13 AM
Super Über UBloonie

Quote:
They could be right, but that's not the point, point is of backstabbing his old comrades in public
Old 11th June 2009, 01:14 AM
Über UBLoonie

Thankfully the times we were lucky enough to meet Ali after gigs, he was very good with us. I know if we had been treated the way some of you have after gigs by him, I would have been devistated. Thankfully I was very lucky.

I don't think JC is saying Ali was UB40 Fi. Although I agree with you wholeheartedly, it's the culmination of all of them, which make the magical UB's sound we all love. It is wonderful to see the boys reborn since Tony and Duncan joined, they have a new lease of life. Roll on December
Old 11th June 2009, 01:19 AM
Super Über UBloonie

Hardest thing for people to do is speak their mind straight to another, people telling me i'm a wanker, asshole, disgusting, wierdo or don't like me at all, i respect more than people being nice but sneaky behind their back
I've been telling of many times here because of my attitude, but i will never change it, i will always say what's on my mind, even when it hurts people
Old 11th June 2009, 01:22 AM
UBloonie

Send a message via MSN to style jc Send a message via Yahoo to style jc

im not putting duncan or tony down,they sound fab and i have seen them in detroit mi usa last year,but im only say there a band we buy there cds and on the bb last year peeps have spoke crap but same peeps will support both.but i do feel cause ali was lead snger for a long time its going to take long time to get to use to ducans voice.
Old 11th June 2009, 01:25 AM
Super Über UBloonie

My both parents were alcoholics, childcare took me and my 3 brothers away from our parents when i was 7 yrs old, i've lived in a childshome for 6 years, haviing battles everyday with other kids, nicest part of it is, because of all the people there you become tough, can deal with critics, also being very outspoken, we didn't had love and caring from parents, it was i think a bit as the army [the social contacts]