Old 16th November 2014, 06:50 PM
UBloonie

Smile margae review

Wow the best yet. Excellent venue we were treated well by door staff,'DJ Alex Gold did another great job keeping the crowd happy until Jimbob got behind the drums then Earl B joined him with a wave to the crowd then entered Tony with a grin and a wave then the rest of the guys who made a point of ackowledging us. Then it started the best intro song ever with FFT. sublime sound then Dunc entered the fray and the crowd were instantly hooked. The guys were at their best and the sound and overall atmosphere in the place was better than Tunbridge wells. The old old old tracks as Robin called them were instantly recognised and the whole room swaying as the rammed out venue screamed for more after every track. GOTS was particularly well recieved and the harmonies just amaze me every gig. Then Dream a lie and SW just had the crowd mesmorised as Robin conceded that i may be the only Person in the room that would know those two tracks but boy was he wrong the whole crowd went wild. Lol4 tracks continued the party spirit until the big shock that came when the oldest classic( thats a clue) was dropped into the set and it was chaos as the already ecstatic crowd wowwed with sheer delight. Then a little clanger by our little legend earned him a loud laughter and BT saying how he dropped the clanger but we were soon back into the groove and the finish was as expected with the crowds noise was deafening. The encore was brilliant with the outstanding Love is all and the ending was mesmerick. Thanks to Brian for Jimbobs drumstick and for the hospitality shown to us by all the band and paul hunter and my old mate animal aka Anthony. Respect to the whole of UB40 the greatest band ever
Old 16th November 2014, 07:12 PM
UBloonie

Margate not Margae lol
Old 16th November 2014, 07:57 PM
UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by old loonie View Post
Wow the best yet. Excellent venue we were treated well by door staff,'DJ Alex Gold did another great job keeping the crowd happy until Jimbob got behind the drums then Earl B joined him with a wave to the crowd then entered Tony with a grin and a wave then the rest of the guys who made a point of ackowledging us. Then it started the best intro song ever with FFT. sublime sound then Dunc entered the fray and the crowd were instantly hooked. The guys were at their best and the sound and overall atmosphere in the place was better than Tunbridge wells. The old old old tracks as Robin called them were instantly recognised and the whole room swaying as the rammed out venue screamed for more after every track. GOTS was particularly well recieved and the harmonies just amaze me every gig. Then Dream a lie and SW just had the crowd mesmorised as Robin conceded that i may be the only Person in the room that would know those two tracks but boy was he wrong the whole crowd went wild. Lol4 tracks continued the party spirit until the big shock that came when the oldest classic( thats a clue) was dropped into the set and it was chaos as the already ecstatic crowd wowwed with sheer delight. Then a little clanger by our little legend earned him a loud laughter and BT saying how he dropped the clanger but we were soon back into the groove and the finish was as expected with the crowds noise was deafening. The encore was brilliant with the outstanding Love is all and the ending was mesmerick. Thanks to Brian for Jimbobs drumstick and for the hospitality shown to us by all the band and paul hunter and my old mate animal aka Anthony. Respect to the whole of UB40 the greatest band ever
Excellent review old loonie, yet another amazing night. The guys are really on fire and its catching everywhere they go
Old 16th November 2014, 08:04 PM
UBloonie

thanks Queenv i am really not exagerating. brilliant night
Old 17th November 2014, 01:42 AM
Über UBLoonie

making me excited - enjoyed that review ....... Thank you
Old 17th November 2014, 07:39 AM
UBloonie

your welcome Neph it really was unbelievable
Old 17th November 2014, 06:12 PM
UBloonie

Great review OL.
Really feeling the Vibes x
Old 17th November 2014, 08:20 PM
Super Über UBloonie

Nice review OL it is good aint it
Old 18th November 2014, 11:17 PM
UBloonie

Hey OL,
This is a wonderful review!
Very happy the classics like SW are in the set. I love the song Getting Over The Storm. Still waiting to hear them in the USA.
Big Up UB40!

Peace,
Bagga.....
Old 19th November 2014, 09:27 AM
UBloonie

thanks Kate and Bagga. guys just getting better and speaking to jimmy the guus are loving it more than ever