Old 5th May 2015, 11:38 AM
Über UBLoonie

Send a message via ICQ to Skirge, The Chef Send a message via MSN to Skirge, The Chef
Default Toon Toon UB40!!!

OK so after a bit of swearing well a lot, as I had written a shitload of this out 10 mins ago and miss clicked closed the feckin page I am starting again.

RIGHT THEN

Gig day gig day gig day yes yes yes yes yes Sunday arrived now after very little sleep as I had stayed up to watch the boxing (waste of time) but I would not have slept anyway excited little loonie I was, as was one excited little drummer who had also stayed up to watch the fight.

Half 10 Sunday morning the wonderful Toon Adonis Mr Caja was at the door to finalise arrangements, quick cuppa details nailed (men at work here not nattering woman) takes no time at all.

The wonderful appears into sitting room "happy anniversary babes" thats me not her I got a "Yeah hhmmmmm" Chis "you can feel the love" bless him as him and his wonderful better half Andi had bought us tickets as a wedding anniversary gift

Off he goes for his hugely busy old day of christening & a Wedding all before the gig & under the pressure of wondering of the soon to arrive at his Sarah & Nods would clean him out whilst they had the hoos to themselves

(right click copy. not losing this fker again)

So now what hours to go am pacing the floor *sigh sigh sigh a bit more moan sigh* "lets go out" so off to the Metro Centre grab a little something we had seen for Brian, he will now think of us everytime he uses his pencil

Home few hours killed. start getting ready and as my shirt and jacket and doing acrobatics in tumble dryer I get a message from Brian "wetherspoons wwwaahoooo" *WHAT? PANIC* now I had messages Brian & the naughty boy Pikey details of a boozer for pre gig drinkies IF they could make it busy lads you know.. me "what you there already?2 bt "yeah"
TTTAAAAAXXXXXIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

We get there do a few rounds am blind I have an excuse my darling wife now she shoulda spotted BT but nope lol so get a drink give him a buzz ringgggggggggggggggggggggg answerphone hmm go outside nice night anyway.. taxi pulls up GANGS HERE!!!

Crhis, Andi, Jenna, Kelsie, Sarah, Gordon & soon to skean up Posh Geordie himself Deeks.. let the Party start .. Andi within seconds now "there's Brian"Now then had I know he was coming disguised as a Peeky Blinder I might have seen him sooner.. *tap tap shoulder* hugs kisses handshakes all round, let the giggles begin and they did.... Great to see Martin, Lawrence Dunx and Tony rock up to boozer too, hour or so of good times and off teh grafters go work to be done... We follow close behind.

9PM City Hall on its feet at first note BOOM place is jumping lads is great form EVERYONE singing along on their feet from start to finish just a totally outstanding gig, in which BT launched a bottle of water from back of stage a perfect catch by Chris, near death experience for front row.

Very very lucky to go backstage spend a bit of time chatting and drinking have right old giggle, wrecking Deeks photo op with Robin lol had to be done
Grief Martin over me NT getting a chocolate eclair and give Tony the glory seeker Mullins a bit of stick over well being a gooner.

Still on a high today still wearing me wristband too

Cannot thank everyone involved in making it a superb night enough

THANK THANK THANK YOU

Last edited by Skirge, The Chef; 5th May 2015 at 12:50 PM.
Old 5th May 2015, 01:33 PM
Über UBLoonie

Brilliant review, thanks skirge
Old 5th May 2015, 02:20 PM
Über UBLoonie

Lovely pics,beautiful words ...still travelling so cant see vids ...reserve pleasure till I get home can I ask about the ban fruits ? Sounds and looks fabulous ...
Old 5th May 2015, 03:15 PM
Über UBLoonie

Send a message via ICQ to Skirge, The Chef Send a message via MSN to Skirge, The Chef

HAHAHA Thanks to the both of ya
Old 5th May 2015, 03:44 PM
Super Über UBloonie

nice one Wizard.

bOi
Old 5th May 2015, 05:42 PM
Super Über UBloonie

So you had a good time then? Sounds like one hellova day/night. Thanks for the words/vids/photos
Old 5th May 2015, 06:06 PM
Über UBLoonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skirge, The Chef View Post
HAHAHA Thanks to the both of ya

What happened to the bananas?
Old 5th May 2015, 07:34 PM
UBloonie

Lol.Great Review, pics & vids.
Thanks for taking the time to rewrite it x
Old 6th May 2015, 06:58 AM
UB40 Fan

THANK YOU SKIRGE!! great vids and photos! That'll keep me going til Watford gig! Xx
Old 6th May 2015, 11:07 AM
UB40 Fan

Wonderful, thank you! Think there could be a whole discussion about how to fill in the day between getting up and queuing time; I too have wandered the Metro Centre and sat in Wetherspoons!