View Poll Results: Would you see Ali's band play if they didn't use the name UB40?
Yes 14 33.33%
No 25 59.52%
I'm not sure 3 7.14%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 17th January 2014, 03:24 AM
UBloonie

Default Ali's UB40

Some of us have been accused of being negative toward Ali Campbell and his new "UB40" band. So I just want to ask a general question, without being negative.

Would you buy Ali's music or go to his band's concerts if they played under another name and didn't try to use the name UB40? Just an honest, positive question, deserving of an honest and positive answer. Let's not slag, let's just be honest.

ďFor the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance, he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries.Ē - Robert Jastrow, 'God and The Astronomers'
Old 17th January 2014, 03:27 AM
UBloonie

I ended up wording the poll question as "would you see Ali's band play if they didn't use the name UB40?" but it also means, "would you buy their music?".

I have to be honest. If all the crap stopped and they didn't try to mislead people, then I wouldn't have any issues with listening to them.

ďFor the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance, he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries.Ē - Robert Jastrow, 'God and The Astronomers'
Old 17th January 2014, 12:31 PM
UBloonie

Send a message via MSN to Leidy Maas

I was never a Ali fan , I do not like his voice . I love the sound ( music ) of UB40. And now I love the voice of UB40 , The voice of Duncan . I have the first 2 albums of Ali ( somewhere ) but is never listen to them , from the day he left UB40.
Old 17th January 2014, 12:48 PM
UBloonie

I wouldn't go to see Ali because from (i believe) 2000/2001 i have been fortunate to meet the band several times and when everybody was fun an down to earth, Ali had an ego-problem which was developing through the years. I started disliking his behavior more and more, so when he left, i didn't feel for him what i used to when he was young and still a down to earth brummy. I felt also sorry for him that he had lost it, but now this last action is so extremely pathetic, a stab in the back to his brothers and lifelong friends.I'm totally done with him and very disappointed in Astro, very!
Old 17th January 2014, 01:15 PM
UBloonie

Send a message via MSN to Burden of shame

I haven't seen UB40 since the rehearsal show, but I've seen Ali a few times. This is because for me it's about Ali's voice. For others it's about Earl and Jimmy, or the Horn Section, or the overall sound of the current line-up.

Horses for courses, but I think putting emotion aside, it has to come down to what we like the sound of best.
Old 17th January 2014, 05:34 PM
UB40 Fan

i will buy all his music, i am a reggae lover and ub40 fan, also i love his music also.
but the mislead must stop and they have to sit around the table to sort out their problems and don't fight agaianst eachother anymore.
They are brothers and friends for 30 years come on guys.
Old 17th January 2014, 05:49 PM
‹ber UBLoonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by raggamuffin2008 View Post
i will buy all his music, i am a reggae lover and ub40 fan, also i love his music also.
but the mislead must stop and they have to sit around the table to sort out their problems and don't fight agaianst eachother anymore.
They are brothers and friends for 30 years come on guys.
It's Ali causing ALL the trouble. UB40 hasn't done a thing wrong.
Old 17th January 2014, 06:20 PM
UBloonie

Why isn't "Hell No" a choice?

I would not support Ali even if he stopped trying to use the name UB40 as that was only one of the many disgusting things he's done since leaving the band. I do not support people I have no respect for. For me itís not only about the voice or the music, itís about the character of the musician(s).
Old 17th January 2014, 06:37 PM
UB40 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamBig View Post
It's Ali causing ALL the trouble. UB40 hasn't done a thing wrong.
i know he has done that, and that was not ok , that's why i want them to talk about it, but i don't think it will happen anymore and for Astro, i don't like his move last year.
Just before the concerts of the boys.
I was in the planning already to leave the band cause he made a performance with Ali on 6 december.
He was dealing behind the back of his brothers.

gr edwin
Old 17th January 2014, 07:34 PM
Super ‹ber UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxieK View Post
Why isn't "Hell No" a choice?

I would not support Ali even if he stopped trying to use the name UB40 as that was only one of the many disgusting things he's done since leaving the band. I do not support people I have no respect for. For me itís not only about the voice or the music, itís about the character of the musician(s).
Word!