Go Back   UB40 Forums > General Area > UB40 Discussion

Old 22nd November 2013, 10:48 PM
Ubique Über UBloonie

it seems that management are more important than band members. i remember ub40 were always stalwart in band members having the first say on everything. what happened?
Old 22nd November 2013, 10:52 PM
UBloonie

Exactly sting seems like the management have destroyed the band and that tight friendship they had.why didnt the band stand 2geva and got rid.before ali quit they were still massive

BIG LOVE
JAMIE
Old 23rd November 2013, 08:41 AM
UBloonie

Send a message via MSN to Burden of shame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluecheese View Post
If he did join ali then big deal after all they are life long friends! For the life of me I can't understand how people can take sides! so what if ali did this or did that at the end of the day it's not our business were not in the band! All us as fans should worry about is the music, I can't bring myself to put any member of the band down ali included, ok he might of been a bit of a dick but who cares? Nothing to do with us really is it? We don't know full facts! And tbh I don't want to, I judge the guys on the music and the years of pleasure and entertainment they've provided me , no doubt in the next few days astro will probably be ridiculed but there we are! For me UB40 is probably finished now , such a shame how its all ended up! They were once the tightest band in the business and I always loved the fact how they used to like to remain faceless when it came to the press! It left me as a fan wanting more, sadly those days are gone and I'm certain it's the end of UB40 as we once knew them!
I don't come on here much anymore but I completely agree. It seems to me that one of UB40's greatest strengths was they were in complete control all the time. Somehow that has changed to some degree and this "management" keep being cited as a major factor in three members leaving. Seems to me they need to go back to the signing off days and take control.
Old 23rd November 2013, 09:37 AM
Super Über UBloonie

Its like any job.. Management make certaiin decisions not everyone likes, those who want to continue to work do,some walk...doesn't always mean Management are sole reason.
You are right its not our business... but a few can say it's business aside and take sides . Some do share time with band members, laugh, joke..call, txt etc. So why would 't they take sides?
Just like your pals nearer to home. If someone screwed over any of my pals,I'm fighting their corner...Ali did what he did and did it wrong...Astro, ins n outs I believe are his business.

oLdbOi

Last edited by oLdbOi; 23rd November 2013 at 10:05 AM.
Old 23rd November 2013, 10:01 AM
UBloonie

The answer to the thread question is Ali slagged his band mates and hope that astro dont. Its all very strange. A bit up in the air. But i do hope that the guys send astro there best. Who knows what the future holds we nay get a reunion with all 8 and a massive tour. Good luck to all band members past and present and thanks for the signing off tour it was genius for33 years and to the next stage of your careers
Old 23rd November 2013, 12:02 PM
UB40 Band Member

The answer to the question is. . . . .there isn't a lot of difference. Astro tried to hold the band to ransom. He told us we had to pay him more, or he would walk. Just like Ali did. And the bands response was the same. We don't respond we'll to being blackmailed. It's a shame, but what can we do ? No band member is more important than another.
Old 23rd November 2013, 12:13 PM
Super Über UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB40 View Post
The answer to the question is. . . . .there isn't a lot of difference. Astro tried to hold the band to ransom. He told us we had to pay him more, or he would walk. Just like Ali did. And the bands response was the same. We don't respond we'll to being blackmailed. It's a shame, but what can we do ? No band member is more important than another.
Thanks for the straight up answer J,
That just now has made all my respect for him , cloud over and spirits up to the true members . UB40 was built on serious friendships...this don't happen with 'friends'...

Spirits up

oLdbOi
Old 23rd November 2013, 12:24 PM
UB40 Band Member

Ideally your right Bruno. Problem is, when going gets tough, you can't predict how people will react. Some get stronger, others fall apart. People show their true selves when they are under stress. I'm very proud that the band are strong enough to respond the way they did to astro's blackmail. Trying to hold us to ransom is a mistake, as Ali and astro have discovered. In UB40 everyone is equal.
Old 23rd November 2013, 12:36 PM
UBloonie

I think if Astro really wants to keep promoting reggae, it would be a mistake joining Ali. Ali mostly does UB40 songs and Ali's own material, well... that's not really reggae in my opinion either. I think he's best off starting something of his own with songs he would like to do.

I'm going to see the boys next week in Holland, will miss some of the songs that Astro did, can't say I will miss all. Maybe at least now we get rid of RRW?

You've cat to be kitten me right?
Old 23rd November 2013, 12:39 PM
Über UBLoonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB40 View Post
Ideally your right Bruno. Problem is, when going gets tough, you can't predict how people will react. Some get stronger, others fall apart. People show their true selves when they are under stress. I'm very proud that the band are strong enough to respond the way they did to astro's blackmail. Trying to hold us to ransom is a mistake, as Ali and astro have discovered. In UB40 everyone is equal.

Except in Ali's world some are more equal than others (I.e Dep Band being the others)