Go Back   UB40 Forums > General Area > UB40 Discussion

Old 23rd November 2009, 10:49 PM
Super Über UBloonie

Talking After Dublin came Belfast

Shazzle drives back to the hotel to pick Tan up,who was in the bar with Chelle(drinking tea for a change)....chelle is sittin there with her genuine Prada handbag which she bought for twenty euro in turkeyand also the biggest holdall i have ever seen in my entire life....i think her kids slept in it the night before!!....we said our goodbyes and tootled off on our merry way to Belfast...

Now....fella`s please back me up on this one...women like to talk...agreed?.....Loonie women however...never i repeat never shut upShazzle and Tan non stop for nearly three hours....I AM BOOKED IN FOR AN EAR REPLACEMENT A WEEK ON TUESDAY...sorry for shoutinSeriously tho Tan it was great to hear of your travels far and wide to see the boys....great memories..

As most of you probably know,we got to Beldast no worries,we did however spend the last 45 minutes of the journey driving round like blind foreign tourists,till the taxi driver sorted us out with directions...we pulled up outside the hotel so the girls could check in,and me being the gentleman that i am said i would park the car in the multi story round the back....after driving round in a circle three times...i hear.......... "Tiiiiiiiiik"...shazzle comes out the hotel and tells me to use a different carpark cus the one i`m trying to get in shuts on Sundays and we wouldnt be able to get out.....so i buggars off up the road and dumps the car...heads back for a shower and change and see a weary lookin marg and michelle starshine in the reception....man these girls have done some miles.....me and shazzle grab some eats(this was the only time during the whole weekend that she actually didnt speak)

Back to the hotel,staright in the bar to be greeted by carolanne and her ole man tom.........what a lovely lovely couple.....after the initial hello`s i shot back to the room for my phone only to find i couldnt get the lights to work "i couldnt have broke them already"i thought,shazzle then had to explain to me that you have to put your door card in the slot thingy for the electric come on!!!!!!!wossal that about??

we`re joined by tan,sarah and the legendary bully.....it was at this stage that i learnt of tom`s rather "peculiar" taste in music....not only does he like clifff richard and has seen him live!!!!!he also is a closet 5 star fan...cue the loonie chorus of rain or shine.....i thought i would die laughing....

soon after dunc came and joined us...plenty pics and more beers....then the arrival of the legendary tarts and paul hicky........these lot had drank enough to sink a ship i tell ya!!!(here yar tik lets ring that kiwi fuka dave c and wake him up)sez hicky.....i didnt need askin twice.....gig time ....BOOOOOOOOM...top drawer again....

"THANKYOU BELFAST AND GOODNIGHT"...BLASTS ASTRO OVER THE MIKE.....im thinkin..."hang on chap...there`s another four bloody songs to go yet"....four songs later...shazzle and Tan beg steal and borrow drumsticks and setlists galore and we piles back to the hotel..

slowly but surely...we managed to grab the biggest table and as many chairs as possible....subteley nudging other residents out the way...i think at any one stage there must have been twenty odd loonies and band members sitting drinking laughing....BT,ast,dunc earl,loz,pikey,rob....was a great buzz....plenty pics followed....champagne magically appearing from under tables.....Tom showing off his juggling skills up the bar with a tray full of limes....Paul trying to show off his juggling skills up the bar and failing miserably....Jools dissapearing in a haze of alcohol never to be seen again....Carolanne drinking dirty waterdisguised as bacardi and coke.....half the table going on the floor as paul hicky stumbled back and forth in what can only be described as a drunked whirlwind.....i have no idea what time i went to bed...in fact i didnt go to bed....shazzle found me asleep on the bathroom floor with the door locked........

all in all COOLABOOLA
Old 23rd November 2009, 10:51 PM
Ubique Über UBloonie

((hit's the ground))

Holy crap............ I didn't know you knew how to use more than two words!!!!!!
Old 23rd November 2009, 10:54 PM
Super Über UBloonie

bleedin hell tik more than two words, that was a great review you should do them more often.
UBloonie

Send a message via AIM to Coty Send a message via MSN to Coty Send a message via Yahoo to Coty

hahaha.....wikkid wikkid review...enjoyed every bit of it! glad y'all had a blast and then some )
Super Über UBloonie

Fookin pissin myself laffin

every word is true though...except for me and tan talking for 3 hours
Old 23rd November 2009, 10:55 PM
Ubique Über UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubGal View Post
Fookin pissin myself laffin

every word is true though...except for me and tan talking for 3 hours

It was 4 wasn't it??
Old 23rd November 2009, 10:57 PM
Super Moderator
UBloonie

tooo funny.. but what was the GIG like?
Old 23rd November 2009, 10:57 PM
UBloonie

Send a message via AIM to Coty Send a message via MSN to Coty Send a message via Yahoo to Coty

lol...good question Luci...I second that question?
Old 23rd November 2009, 10:58 PM
Ubique Über UBloonie

He'll say it was "ace"
Old 23rd November 2009, 10:59 PM
Super Über UBloonie

Good meeting you again Tiky. A great night

love jx

Tags
sunpr, tik review