Go Back   UB40 Forums > General Area > General Anarchy

Old 10th January 2015, 12:59 AM
Über UBLoonie

Default Facebook ...ruminations Freedom.....

1) One cannot communicate at one's age if one does not have a working laptop .... I feel isolated ...squinting at a tiny telephone is simply not fun.... impossible unless one wishes to speak gibbersish

2) Facebook sucks really unless it is to keep in touch with people you don't usually see ....otherwise ...a) when you tell one set of friends you are sleeping at home and then get tagged into a photo with another set of friends ...they get upset b) you can't say whew ...my guests have left ...because they are all on facebook...c) Can you really really say what you think on face book ... ? No because if you happen to have friend or family of different faiths, you will think twice about what you write ...thereby editing it thereby not being totally free,,,,,

3) When horrendous terrorist attacks happen , I pray it is not a moslem/Arab ...because as soon as it happens, I feel guilty and I feel I have to openly condem it . I did not expect every white middle aged person to come out and condemn what Fred West did or Harold Shipman ... the Nazis did unspeakable horrendous things to the Jews... I condemn them all ...as a human being I hate it ...but please accept that I don't feel that I am part of these psychopathic tendencies ...and therefore do not need to outwardly come out and condemn every crime that is committed all these people ...if they did not have a cause to hide behind and try and justify their stupidity, they would have joined a crime gang or become drug addicts/alcoholics to control their violent urges ......

enough of that ...what is real freedom...? Does it exist ? Once you have people you care about ...are you ever really free......

Too much elVino Alba...... Deep X X X
Old 11th January 2015, 10:45 AM
Super Über UBloonie

Free'do 'we ever have' errrrmmmm...

oLdbOi...there's no one coming wiv that freedom train...
Old 11th January 2015, 11:34 AM
Über UBLoonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by oLdbOi View Post
Free'do 'we ever have' errrrmmmm...

oLdbOi...there's no one coming wiv that freedom train...
I bow ...and you remain the Maestro Word Juggler bOi :0)

Watched the debate about Freedom of Speech this morning and the right to offend ......

I might think my mum one day looked old and tired ....maybe I would disagree with her that the window cleaner is not the most urgent priority on a Friday morning to drive across town to .... ....do I exercise my freedom of speech....no .... does that make me a hypocrite

....why has it become important to denigrate others to exercise Freedom of Speech

In saying so I wish I was a calm person ...I so admire those who can put points across dispassionately .....

Any way Happy Sunday (( I have access to a PC)) ....Whoopeee
Old 19th January 2015, 02:55 PM
Super Über UBloonie

Send a message via MSN to Nes B40

Quote:
Originally Posted by nephertiti View Post
1) One cannot communicate at one's age if one does not have a working laptop .... I feel isolated ...squinting at a tiny telephone is simply not fun.... impossible unless one wishes to speak gibbersish

2) Facebook sucks really unless it is to keep in touch with people you don't usually see ....otherwise ...a) when you tell one set of friends you are sleeping at home and then get tagged into a photo with another set of friends ...they get upset b) you can't say whew ...my guests have left ...because they are all on facebook...c) Can you really really say what you think on face book ... ? No because if you happen to have friend or family of different faiths, you will think twice about what you write ...thereby editing it thereby not being totally free,,,,,

3) When horrendous terrorist attacks happen , I pray it is not a moslem/Arab ...because as soon as it happens, I feel guilty and I feel I have to openly condem it . I did not expect every white middle aged person to come out and condemn what Fred West did or Harold Shipman ... the Nazis did unspeakable horrendous things to the Jews... I condemn them all ...as a human being I hate it ...but please accept that I don't feel that I am part of these psychopathic tendencies ...and therefore do not need to outwardly come out and condemn every crime that is committed all these people ...if they did not have a cause to hide behind and try and justify their stupidity, they would have joined a crime gang or become drug addicts/alcoholics to control their violent urges ......

enough of that ...what is real freedom...? Does it exist ? Once you have people you care about ...are you ever really free......

Too much elVino Alba...... Deep X X X

http://s305.photobucket.com/albums/nn213/nesbit_bucket/
Old 19th January 2015, 11:08 PM
UBloonie

I do agree with freedom of speech.
However ridiculing people mocking them or there beliefs doesnt count as freedom of speech. Its biased and is a form of bullying.
The daft thing is publishing the magazine with what was on the front of it is just asking for more trouble. These people that go around shooting people and beheading people do not see the world in the same way civilised people do.
There is no need to mock peoples beliefs. I do not believe in any religion but would not put people down who do... and i wouldnt antagonise an already venomous snake....
Freedom of speech yes... used wisely is a powerful weapon... used wrongly is also a powerful weapon in the wrong way.
Innocent people who have had no hand in what happened are likely to pay in the end....
Ani