Go Back   UB40 Forums > General Area > UB40 Discussion

Old 25th July 2014, 09:04 PM
UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB40 View Post
It's all about the money.

UB40 had to work through our bankruptcy. Which means that other people had to be payed before we were. That was just a fact of life.

For aldi and the tambourine player, they wanted money in their pockets NOW rather than later. They tried to hold us to ransom by threatening to leave the band if the didn't get paid. We said 'there's the door'.

The band took collective responsibility for the financial problems we encountered because we wanted to carry on where we left off.

The three that left thought they could run away from those responsibilities and put what they earn into their pockets instead. take the money and run.

Anant is absolutely right. It was a short-term solution to a long term problem.

We figured it would be better to go through that suffering and come out the other end with a long term plan which will set us up for the future. A plan that is starting to show rewards this year.

Which is why our ex singer started to use the name of the band he left 7 years ago. He is trying to cash in on the good will the band has built with our fans over the last few years.

It's also true that both aldi and the tambourine player aren't the brightest people you've ever met, so I think stupidity has a lot to do with it.

My thoughts exactly. Shitting on your friends just so you can fix your financial situation isn't the mark of an intelligent person. Morality and intelligence cannot be separated when it comes to decisions like that. If it's immoral, it's stupid....

“For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance, he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries.” - Robert Jastrow, 'God and The Astronomers'
Old 8th August 2014, 12:21 PM
UB40 Fan

Smile

The amount of bullshit lies the bloke comes up with is ridiculous. One of my favourites being "we have the original rhythm section"... I wasn't aware Earl, Jimmy and Robin had joined his dep band...
Old 8th August 2014, 12:57 PM
UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vijay b View Post
The amount of bullshit lies the bloke comes up with is ridiculous. One of my favourites being "we have the original rhythm section"... I wasn't aware Earl, Jimmy and Robin had joined his dep band...
Gotta laugh, i'ts a worry ................ think he has 'issues'
Old 8th August 2014, 02:16 PM
UBloonie

you can get away with cold bloodied murder if proven insane, he aint far off insanity
Old 8th August 2014, 02:27 PM
UB40 Fan

Ain't that the truth loonie, truth is I wasn't a big fan of the group until aldi left although my mrs has always been a massive fan. What drew me to them was the fact he slagged his brother off so much I wanted to see what he was on about. And I liked duncans voice far more and his stage presence. I've been in ska and reggae bands for years and I think the band have shown massive reatraint. If any of my singers left and nicked the bands name I would have swung for them. He just comes across as an utterly bitter excuse of a man. The only thing he does consistently is contradict the last thing he said. And unfortunately some of his fans are morons too.
Old 8th August 2014, 02:54 PM
Über UBLoonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by old loonie View Post
you can get away with cold bloodied murder if proven insane, he aint far off insanity
The Oscar Pistorius of reggae - Aldi doesn't have a leg to stand on either
Old 8th August 2014, 03:17 PM
UB40 Band Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vijay b View Post
Ain't that the truth loonie, truth is I wasn't a big fan of the group until aldi left although my mrs has always been a massive fan. What drew me to them was the fact he slagged his brother off so much I wanted to see what he was on about. And I liked duncans voice far more and his stage presence. I've been in ska and reggae bands for years and I think the band have shown massive reatraint. If any of my singers left and nicked the bands name I would have swung for them. He just comes across as an utterly bitter excuse of a man. The only thing he does consistently is contradict the last thing he said. And unfortunately some of his fans are morons too.

A great post is always worth repeating.

funny thing is, he only started using the name a couple of years after he left. Between then and now the name of his old band has got bigger and bigger on his posters and promotion, and his own name has got smaller, and in many cases, disappeared altogether.

The band have been quiet in the press about it, but behind the scenes we have been very busy in the legal department.

Thanks for the honesty vijay b, I respect your perspective on this.

Most decent people are uncomfortable with proven liars.
Old 8th August 2014, 03:18 PM
UB40 Band Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saad View Post
The Oscar Pistorius of reggae - Aldi doesn't have a leg to stand on either

your a sick man saad.

well done
Old 8th August 2014, 03:26 PM
UB40 Fan

Thanks JB! I hope it reaches it's conclusion soon can't really see any other outcome other than the 3 stooges being forced to drop all the false marketing and deliberate confusion.
Really hoping to be able to get tickets for bournemouth in November me and the wife would love to buy you a drink mate.
Old 8th August 2014, 03:29 PM
UB40 Band Member

your very welcome vijay. obviously your momma didn't raise no fool.

i'll happily accept that drink when the time comes.