Old 7th December 2013, 06:23 PM
UBNewbie

Location: In a really small village in the Netherlands, but will move soon to Germany or England.
Default Hi!

Dear all,

I have the honour to post as first a post in the newbies forum! And since I've promised 'someone' to hurry up to post something... here it is!(FINALLY, LOL)

Let me introduce myself...
I am Yasmin Bailey, a 28 year old singer-songwriter from the Netherlands. I live in a small village and soon will move to Germany or England to make a living there. But before I do that, I first have to orientate on where I exactly want to live... near what city etc. etc. Maybe also good to know is that I am searching for a great job in communications. Any suggestions are very welcome!!!

My hobbies are singing, writing lyrics, playing alto saxophone, playing keyboard, playing guitar, making my own websites and landscape & animal photography. Must be way more, but for now I can't come up with any more...

My interests are communications, employer branding, music, creativity, watching good movies with good plots, animals, nature, sports... actually I am going to the gym, tree till four times a week. I practice zumba, TRX and regular fitness.

Maybe this all sounds boring. But who said I was one piece of entertainment?!

Maybe some more information about my singing and songwriting? My influences --> Katie Melua, Norah Jones, Marie Digby but most of all I just write and figure out a composition by myself or with my best friend Steven. He's an awesome (bass)guitar player!!!
My songs are about things that happened in my life, but also about the lives of friends or even people I don't know. In the past, I once wrote a strong song... Everyone interpreted it in his own way. And the actual meaning behind that song was something WAY different then what they came up with. That's what's is so great about writing songs. I love it! I just finished writing a song for a friend of mine, who's going through a rough time. It wasn't that easy to find the words, but I am happy enough with the final result. But as a perfectionist... I'm never that much satisfied. That's a bummer!

Music I like to listen to: Of course UB40! Been to their concert in Steenwijk last November 30. It was great, mythical! It was a present for my parents their 34th wedding anniversary!!! Besides UB40, I like to listen to the White Stripes, Goldfrapp, Nine Inch Nails, Massive Attack, Radiohead, Portishead, Hooverphonics, Alanis Morissette, Incubus, Coldplay (their old songs from the beginning), Rage against the machine, Queens of the stone age, Norah Jones, Katie Melua, sometimes Marie Digby when I'm in a upper sweet girly mood and when I really want to relax on a Sunday I can just insert a dvd in the player of Yanni and hang on the couch!

What to tell more? This is already sooooo much!!!

Well if there's anything I forgot or you want to know, you can all ask me about it. I'll try to react as soon as possible.

Oh by the way... I'm also having my own website: Home
But there's not much to see yet, since I'm still in doubt about the visual creativity and what I want to share on it. But at least my music of course, but for now nothing is there to be seen.

Okay, this is it for now...

With love,

Yasmin Bailey
Old 9th December 2013, 05:07 PM
Super Moderator
UBloonie

Welcome Yasmin! \

Im glad you finally made it lol

(Yasmin has been talking about joining here for a while when we found ourselves chatting on the Facebook page a couple of weeks ago after she came back from the concert)

Now post lots and entertain us lol
Luci Lockit xxx
Old 9th December 2013, 05:19 PM
Super Über UBloonie

Welcome Yasmin.
Old 9th December 2013, 05:48 PM
UBloonie

Hi, welcome to loopyland oh I mean loonieland

have fun and watch out for the politiburo.... they'll ask hundreds of questions!!

Ani
Old 9th December 2013, 11:01 PM
UBNewbie

Location: In a really small village in the Netherlands, but will move soon to Germany or England.

Thanks for the replies. I figured out that I'm not that popular yet. Need to work on my awareness.

Hahaha... now I'm curious about the 'politiebureau'-story.
For them who don't know what 'politiebureau' means... It's about the police station. Have been there quite a few times. But just for declarations, I'm just not that naughty (she said). But I know (very well) how to get myself into trouble all the time. 'nuffff said! I am here to entertain. Not to bother...

I will try my best to finish one of my songs I've written these days. But first things first... When the mission is completed, I will inform you about it. Personally I am against covers, but maybe I should try to do a cover in my own style of UB40 one day. Who knows...

Ta-ta!!!!

-Yasmin
Old 10th December 2013, 10:47 AM
Super Moderator
UBloonie

Hi Yasmin
I think people need to get used to this Newbies box.. I would rather not have it, but its hopefully a spam catcher to stop the nightmare of last week. I couldnt see the board for spam and there was too much to even delete. No one here could see it as thats my job, to keep it away, but it was hell lol
You only have to make five posts in here before you're allowed to play with the big boys though
Keep posting, three to go lol
Luci Lockit xx
Old 10th December 2013, 12:11 PM
UBloonie

Ill post anywhere luci you know that

Lol

Ani
Old 10th December 2013, 12:36 PM
UBNewbie

Hiyaaah Luci,

That's not of any big deal for me... in the meantime you must have figured that out!

I think it's a good idea to have this newbies forum. It's also an opportunity for others to introduce themselves, instead of immediately replying on other posts. So, no matter what the reason is behind this forum. It's a good initiative anyway! But I'm wondering if I said too much? Because noone is really interested in who Yasmin Bailey is... Hahahaha... I don't get any questions! So not much to answer! The truth is hard... *Is walking to a corner of the room and crying like a little baby*

I think this desperate attempt of me to win some 'souls' isn't working either.

Okay... I'm exit!
Old 13th December 2013, 05:15 AM
UBloonie

Hi Yasmin,

Im a pharmacist, and here in the State we have an oral contraceptive (birth control) pill called Yasmin. Sooooooooo there ya have it. I'll just get back to counting then.

Aaron.

But I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave.
Old 13th December 2013, 06:05 AM
UBloonie

Welcome to the board, Yasmin! Glad to hear you are a musician. Music is awesome and it's something you can carry with you all your life, so keep up the good work!

“For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance, he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries.” - Robert Jastrow, 'God and The Astronomers'