Go Back   UB40 Forums > General Area > UB40 Discussion

Old 30th November 2014, 07:06 PM
Über UBLoonie

Default Carlisle ...the sands ...UB40 Brilliance -just when you think they can't get bet

Kept meaning to write a long well deserved review , but keep getting cut off ......so will do this quickly although words cant express....

Pure Pure utter brilliance .....unbelievable
Me and H left Edinburgh - walked out in Carlisle to a waiting ambulance and Police cars ....no was not for us ....
Hotel told us that there was loads of people excited about UB40 concert ....we went for a reci to see if we could walk ...spotted the tour bus ... screamed with happiness ...took us ages to do selfie with tour bus ...as kept holding it backwards .....
ran back ...got ready ...Neph insisted on Taxi for her weary legs .... got into a SECRET taxi with a SECRET TAXI DRIVER who then put UB40 on .....he said he wanted to go , but had to work as it would be one of the busiest nights as UB40 were in town...
So we danced in seat all the way ....
Got out and fell into the arms of JAYE and SOUL REBEL in the masses outside , then pushed through the throngs and stood ...soon to be taken over by JAYE and SOUL to be near them and the rest of the J Trio

DJ Gold of course ...massively massively got us all going ...what a gorgeously skilled young man .....ps ...I could not get the dancers on the rafters as it was too dark .....
Old 30th November 2014, 07:21 PM
Über UBLoonie

and then Animal comes on and all the others ....

it's the Tan Tan Tarrrrrra taran taran taran and its the lights and the thoughts and the you feel as Fan Since 80 said ...."it gets to the point that there is nowhere else in the world you would rather be " Yep Tha'ts it

JB looking rockstarringly handsome and happy comes on and seems to be nearly flying on top of the applause .....

It goes into the BT and the Brassmongers Martin and Laurence and you are on another level - that sound is like nothing else....and they are looking mighty good BT is one helluva talent force ....its like being machine gunned with Harry Potter's wand ...it just hits ya....seriously who needs drugs or drink ?

Norman stands and sings like an Pharaoh bestowing welcome purrs - his Boom Shaka had us all a shakking more than our laggas ...I am holding back in this video ....
Old 30th November 2014, 07:36 PM
Über UBLoonie

Oh America was beautiful - lovely to hear it live - one of my favourites ...mr Fitman Earl - love you
Tony oh Tony .....I was captured ...I just kept trying to keep up with him ....how can you play the keyboards with your fingers and have your body dancing with everyone else .....two wee clips below one with him and our most gorgeously delicious lead singer Duncan ....seriously!!!! ...that voice ...cream...my only problem was that I was a bit mesmerised with Duncan's shirt (as I discovered after I was not the only one) - it kept flapping up and it was one of these basic instinct moments....

and with Mr Handsome-Nevergetadayolder Robin Campbell who kind of strokes you when he is singing .....the mix is utter perfection...

I have no words - these shows just get better the whole set up ...the stage , the music ...I did not record any of the surprises I got with the songs ...Dream a Lie is my Dream come true....if it was only that , I would have been satisfied .....
Old 30th November 2014, 08:39 PM
UB40 Fan

Brilliant, busy writing up mine, still so happy, bought the Motherwell ticket and thinking of Blackpool, YOLO as the youngsters would say!

Linda
Old 30th November 2014, 08:42 PM
Über UBLoonie

and so ...I cannot say any more ....you have to have to be there to see it - unbelievable ......

I caught JB's towel .....and was asssulted by 2 ladies who did not catch it and told " We knaaaaaaaaw ...the waaaip theeeeeeaaaa aaaaaarsses with dem back staaaaaaaage ...we knaaaaww ...." Didnt put me off though LOL

A man took of his shirt in front of us and threw it on stage so our view for that last bit was slightly different to everyone else's ...was going to upload it ...but privacy laws ...maybe shouldnt .....

Stage manager s - Ani - you are brilliant - thank you

Paul I have a great photo of you looking at us very suspiciously, but will not put up without permission ....

Outside lovely UB band members came out what gentlemen they are ...... lovely lovely people and yes Duncan thank you for hair compliment ya charmer

On way back with fan since 80 , me'n H stopped off and had a wee dance in the lights in the street .....collapsing in laughter....

I had the grey towel from JB ......I ended up hiding a kebab and pizza in it to go to hotel, then we got to room (which was in the back of beyond), and key would simply not work .....by this time my boots were killing me so I sank to the floor leant on door and took them off ...revealing my lacy leggings ...so there I was sat on the floor leaning on the door , with JB's towel wrapping my kebab ....shoeless ......only to realise I was on the wrong floor .....

Back along the corridors .....up the lift ... more corridors .....only to see H at the end of the corridor mournfully saying ..."Thank you for helping me to open the door but my friend has disappeared" to this lady in a smart dress clutching a bottle of champagne ...saying "we have just been at the UB40 gig and are having a party - why don't you come through "....exchanged life stories....and agreed

UB40 are the best ..simply
Old 2nd December 2014, 10:41 PM
Super Über UBloonie

Send a message via MSN to Nes B40

Great review

http://s305.photobucket.com/albums/nn213/nesbit_bucket/
Old 3rd December 2014, 08:33 AM
UB40 Fan

Oh Nephertiti - THANKS for recapturing all the UB40 MAGIC ! great read and great videos!

Think Nephs post should be made a "sticky" for all those who couldn't go

BIG LOVE XX

Last edited by lynnie4ub40; 3rd December 2014 at 08:36 AM.
Old 4th December 2014, 09:46 PM
Über UBLoonie

Thanks Fan , Nes and Lyn - It was really was truly stunning sets of letters can't do it justice !!