Go Back   UB40 Forums > General Area > UB40 Discussion

Old 31st October 2014, 03:22 PM
UB40 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenv View Post
The following message is now under the article and all comments seemed to have disappeared.
the entire article has disappeared now....

something doesn't smell right..
Old 31st October 2014, 04:45 PM
UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkie Rock Star View Post
the entire article has disappeared now....

something doesn't smell right..
Well it would seem that the saying "if you don't have something to say, don't say anything at all" has come to pass
Old 31st October 2014, 09:26 PM
UBloonie

looks like it was me as the oxford mail have sent me an email threatening me with legal action not sure why, only suggested that the journalist and i use that term loosely erm is maybe not honest and that he may have gone to a local social club to watch our friends instead oh and why would he use an old photo if he was supposdly there? all very suspicious but i did not say anything malicious or threatening. Pr1cks
Old 31st October 2014, 09:39 PM
UBloonie

Are you being serious Old Loonie?
Old 31st October 2014, 10:08 PM
UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by old loonie View Post
looks like it was me as the oxford mail have sent me an email threatening me with legal action not sure why, only suggested that the journalist and i use that term loosely erm is maybe not honest and that he may have gone to a local social club to watch our friends instead oh and why would he use an old photo if he was supposdly there? all very suspicious but i did not say anything malicious or threatening. Pr1cks
I read your comment and did not find it either abusive or threatening. Surely if as they suggested, they are standing by his "honestly-held opinion"; the article would have remained on the site and only the comments deemed unacceptable removed. This is all very strange.
Old 31st October 2014, 10:38 PM
UB40 Fan

Quote:
I read your comment and did not find it either abusive or threatening. Surely if as they suggested, they are standing by his "honestly-held opinion"; the article would have remained on the site and only the comments deemed unacceptable removed. This is all very strange.
I read your comment as well, i think it was the last one posted. There was nothing at all threatening or abusive about it...

It is very strange,,,
Old 31st October 2014, 10:39 PM
Super Über UBloonie

There had been no threatening posts towards the inept Mr Macbeth when I went to bed (rather late) last night; only the comments about his pathetic review plus the odd 1 or 2 from ali's trolls. What on earth did you do OL? Bad boy
Old 31st October 2014, 10:42 PM
Super Über UBloonie

Like Old Loonie said the whole article has now disappeared.Hardly sounds like a paper "standing by the honestly held opinion of our journalist" does it? They could have easily blocked all comments and edited out the "journalist's" name if they had wanted to do that.I think the editor or someone else high up has actually read the piece and came to the same conclusion as us.I think Mr MacBeth has probably received the journalistic version of the dreaded football club chairman's vote of confidence.

Last edited by rhondda rudie; 31st October 2014 at 10:44 PM.
Old 31st October 2014, 10:54 PM
UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starshine007 View Post
There had been no threatening posts towards the inept Mr Macbeth when I went to bed (rather late) last night; only the comments about his pathetic review plus the odd 1 or 2 from ali's trolls. What on earth did you do OL? Bad boy
I agree Michele, I look at it late last night and the only comment I noticed that was a bit below the belt, was a derogatory comment about the restaurant mentioned in his article.

I might end up with an email as well
Old 31st October 2014, 11:08 PM
Super Über UBloonie

Quote:
I agree Michele, I look at it late last night and the only comment I noticed that was a bit below the belt, was a derogatory comment about the restaurant mentioned in his article.

I might end up with an email as well
I've been to the Oxford O2 3 times. Walked past the Rice Box on all occasions, can hardly call it a restaurant though. Quite fancied a nosh up there but not now, the after effects aren't worth it!

Something's rotten in the state of Denmark, to quote a certain Mr Shakespeare see what I did there?