Old 19th July 2014, 04:49 PM
UBloonie

Default rochester disaster

ironic that Getting over the storm was a pun last night as wonder boys show ended with people demanding money back as the ex singer only did a handfall of songs , but as usual ub40 will get tarnished with the same brush. a double edged sword in that he tries to make money out of ub40 name only for the usual shambles and people think that it was ub40 that put on another substandard show and he is trying to undo all the hard work that the guys are putting in only for the twat to try to fu-k em up. fu-king roll on cant wait for the the end of the court case. oh and what he did sing apperently was terrible . you could not make it up
Old 20th July 2014, 04:23 AM
UB40 Band Member

sounds like disaster is right.

I did say the test was how many people actually STAYED till the end.

Looks like the answer is, out of 4,000, about 100 stayed to see the show.

I was reading the very unhappy comments on the venue Facebook page. That's a hell of a lot of pissed off people, and every single comment I read talked about UB40. Aldi's name wasn't mentioned even ONCE. Everybody thought they were at one of OUR shows.

It's not just about the weather [they aren't responsible for that]. It's about how badly it was all handled. They were told to go home because the 'UB40' wouldn't be coming back on. Then they came back on.

My guess is that they only came back on so that wouldn't have to refund the tickets. A total rip off.

And here's another thing.

It happened after they had played only THREE songs. Then they came back on and played 35 minutes. That can't be much more than 45 minutes in total.

If they keep the ticket money for that shambles it's a total rip-off.

The legendary aldi campbell has struck again.

Except nobody at the show knows that because they all thought they had bought tickets to see us.

Aldi wasn't mentioned once.
Old 20th July 2014, 04:28 AM
UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB40 View Post
sounds like disaster is right.

I did say the test was how many people actually STAYED till the end.

Looks like the answer is, out of 4,000, about 100 stayed to see the show.

I was reading the very unhappy comments on the venue Facebook page. That's a hell of a lot of pissed off people, and every single comment I read talked about UB40. Aldi's name wasn't mentioned even ONCE. Everybody thought they were at one of OUR shows.

It's not just about the weather [they aren't responsible for that]. It's about how badly it was all handled. They were told to go home because the 'UB40' wouldn't be coming back on. Then they came back on.

My guess is that they only came back on so that wouldn't have to refund the tickets. A total rip off.

And here's another thing.

It happened after they had played only THREE songs. Then they came back on and played 35 minutes. That can't be much more than 45 minutes in total.

If they keep the ticket money for that shambles it's a total rip-off.

The legendary aldi campbell has struck again.

Except nobody at the show knows that because they all thought they had bought tickets to see us.

Aldi wasn't mentioned once.

That's probably the exact reason why he uses the UB40 name. So that when he does have horrible shows, people think it's you guys. I think he's accepted that his career is a bust now, and the only way to be happy is to try his best to take you guys down with him. Such a shame.....he's a wasted talent. I wonder how well he could have held up if he hadn't spent so many years drinking and drugging to excess and if he never met Julie. Where could Ali be now?

“For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance, he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries.” - Robert Jastrow, 'God and The Astronomers'
Old 20th July 2014, 10:57 AM
UBloonie

hopefully he would have still left because we would have still been listening to him. I am happy with how ub40 are today and i believe the guys are also. As i said Jim i work in the area and people were saying to me am i going to see ub40 and they were gobsmacked when i was saying no its NOT UB40 , i said 60 times in the 2 weeks it is not an under estimate, i got totally fu-ked off with it but of course i would tell them the situation and after the initial ( yeah it is UB40 cos that is what it says on the poster) i then explain the truth and the usual response was oh sh1t i paid my money now. its a disgrace and i am telling you the sooner this fu-kwit is pushed into the gutter the better because all he is doing is dragging ubs name down with him except the vast majority of the people at festivals dont give a sh1t what they are seeing and really dont know anything about ub40 thank fu-k.

Last edited by old loonie; 20th July 2014 at 11:01 AM.
Old 20th July 2014, 11:09 AM
UBloonie

bet there is no mention of a free show for the die hards with their picnic baskets in tow. in his you tube video he said ( This is Aldi Shambles from UB40 ) what a wanker no mention of ex ub40.
Old 20th July 2014, 11:13 AM
UBloonie

maybe someone from ub press could send a lovely letter to KM messenger and also to kentonline to put them right also medway council for advertising the name falsely.
Old 20th July 2014, 11:42 AM
UB40 Fan

one of the comments on the venue's facebook page:

"To be honest Campbell stumbled his way through the songs they did do and he was chewing gum not majorly impressed!"

And as JB said, everyone complaining mentions the UB40 name!
Old 20th July 2014, 02:41 PM
Super Über UBloonie

Wouldn't call it a disaster.If I'd paid good money to see UB40 then Aldi's mob turn up I'd call it a result if they went off after 3 songs.
Old 20th July 2014, 03:03 PM
UBloonie

45 mins is nearly their set ain it. Rrw, maybe tomorrow to give sideshow bob something to do, homely girl, siluette for his Julie and probably here i am with kingston town to finish i bet aint far off. It is a result if the show was billed as F,Aldi shambell not ub40 hope the press guys get there ass in gear and let the promoters know. The 100 left were ground staff and his 5 widows
Old 20th July 2014, 03:07 PM
UBloonie

oh and it was'nt gum he was chewing it was a burger lol