Go Back   UB40 Forums > General Area > UB40 Discussion

Old 8th July 2014, 07:50 PM
Über UBLoonie

Default How close are we to justice prevailing?

If I'm allowed to ask, of course.

I'm just wondering how close the band is to winning the case against the three former members? It's obvious to anybody who thinks about it that they shouldn't be allowed to call themselves UB40. The wheels of justice do turn very slowly.

BT/JB/Anyone else?
Old 9th July 2014, 12:05 AM
UBloonie

must be close thank god to put the little fat man out of his miserable life. funny someone actually said to me today am i going to Rochester, no i said and she said its only a tribute band anyway how good news spreads aye
Old 9th July 2014, 04:04 PM
UB40 Band Member

of course your allowed to ask anant.

The process has been on-going.

We think a result is imminent.

next stop...............a court date. very soon
Old 9th July 2014, 04:06 PM
Super Über UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB40 View Post
of course your allowed to ask anant.

The process has been on-going.

We think a result is imminent.

next stop...............a court date. very soon
Good news comrade.
Old 9th July 2014, 04:33 PM
UB40 Band Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by old loonie View Post
must be close thank god to put the little fat man out of his miserable life. funny someone actually said to me today am i going to Rochester, no i said and she said its only a tribute band anyway how good news spreads aye

I feel sorry for the people in brum. We had a fantastic couple of shows a couple of months back, and I've had so many mates and family who missed the other shows telling me that they had bought tickets for our december show and they were really looking forward to it after all the good things they had heard about the band recently. They were really pissed when I told them. And angry too at being conned by our ex-singer. The last thing they want to do is pay money to see that a55hole. But that is exactly what he has done. Conned them out of their hard earned cash with his lies.

saw a clip of australian TV the other day where he stated that the WHOLE band had reformed, they are advertising his shows as UB40. WITH ALDI AND ASTRO. They allowed the presenters to think the WHOLW band would be there.

and guess which track they used to promote themselves????????????????????

To promote THEIR shows they used a clip of OUR VERSION OF BLUES EYES CRYING IN THE RAIN :a agh::aagh

And NOBODY mentioned a single word about it.

THEY CLAIMED THAT BLUE EYES WAS THEIR SONG.

did anyone see it ??????

unbeleivably, our ex-singer has managed to sink EVEN LOWER.

something that I didn't think was possible.

lying, low down piece of sh1t.

One minute he's slagging us off, the next he claiming glory for OUR songs. Songs he had absolutely nothing to do with. H wasn't even in the band when we recorded those songs.

I'm sure the pathetic excuses will come out from the lying side. It'll be the tv stations fault for not doing their homework. But I know for a fact that if they were using one of our ex singers solo songs in a live interview with anyone of US we would put the record straight on air there and then.

but our ex singer doesn't want the public to know the truth, that they are our ex singers with some session musicians backing him.

he gave the impression that the band had all put the past behind us and got back together for this australian tour.

he nearly got caught out because the presenter pointed out that his brother robin wasn't on any of aldi's promotional material. He responded by saying that, actually, robin WASN'T going to be there because it would 'be a step backwards musically' [??????] whatever that meant. I think he was just making it up on the spot to wriggle out of an embarrassing situation [nearly got caught lying].

but he still left the TV station with the impression that the rest of the original band were going to me touring with him. No mention of the 'dep' band of course.

and then they played BLUE EYES, which he [through not explaining they had made a mistake] took credit for.

is there anyone left who can try and justify his behaviour?

Last edited by JB40; 9th July 2014 at 04:35 PM.
Old 9th July 2014, 05:02 PM
UBloonie

only the 5 desperate old widows and astros stalkers will believe he has said and done the correct thing as they are the disciples to their sad old has been fat god. what a complete tosser he is,makes me cringe
Old 9th July 2014, 05:09 PM
UB40 Band Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by old loonie View Post
only the 5 desperate old widows and astros stalkers will believe he has said and done the correct thing as they are the disciples to their sad old has been fat god. what a complete tosser he is,makes me cringe

I don't think even THEY can justify aldi using BLUE EYES to promote himself.

I've come to the conclusion that his few apologists don't actually care that he is a cheat and a liar. but personally I think they just lack decent personal standards. They know he's a liar and a cheat, but they don't mind.
Old 9th July 2014, 05:37 PM
UBloonie

i thought the same Jimbobwhen he first started claiming that he qas ub40 , i thought not even his die hards would understand that move,an obvious cop out ftom the great solo career with the hottest band around to trying to call himself ub40 no never would they accept his demise but no the dreamers have believed his every word.sad cos they are just as bad as him in fact worse because they are filling his ego all 5 of them
Old 9th July 2014, 06:28 PM
UBloonie

Jim, I found a clip the other day from one of Ali's gigs, it must have been a fairly recent one because Astro was with him, and it's a clip of a live show. You plainly hear UB40's studio version of Can't Help Falling in Love playing....I'm still trying to figure out if it was just edited like that for the video or if Ali & his lying thieves were really lip syncing to the original studio version that you guys recorded back in 1993!

“For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance, he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries.” - Robert Jastrow, 'God and The Astronomers'
Old 9th July 2014, 06:34 PM
UBloonie

It does look like the studio track was edited over the actual live performance, and that they weren't lip syncing, but still, it's a blatant thing. The entire band recorded that song in 1993, not just Ali and his two cronies.

“For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance, he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries.” - Robert Jastrow, 'God and The Astronomers'
Closed Thread