Go Back   UB40 Forums > General Area > UB40 Discussion

Old 17th February 2012, 11:32 PM
Über UBLoonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starshine007 View Post
Yeah I'd be moaning in ecstasy! Station car park wouldn't be full before dawn, less people to run over ... oh maybe you have a point Dean
you would miss all the buses
Old 17th February 2012, 11:39 PM
Super Über UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nephertiti View Post
you would miss all the buses
Have to take the bus at the work end of my journey as is, don't inflict our local ones on me too. Its bad enough during the snow. However, I digress.

Back on topic, I do agree that Mayfair residents should be used to these concerts by now.

Dean - most are money making events for the bands involved. 80000 bodies is quite a vast amount. Cutting the audience numbers to 50000 is going to leave a huge dent in someone's pocket, probably the promoters.

One's already reported in the paper as saying that he will advise the acts he represents NOT to play Hyde Park if the numbers are culled.
Old 17th February 2012, 11:47 PM
UBloonie

Location: East London and PROUD..(now SLUMMUMING IT in Essex)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starshine007 View Post
Have to take the bus at the work end of my journey as is, don't inflict our local ones on me too. Its bad enough during the snow. However, I digress.

Back on topic, I do agree that Mayfair residents should be used to these concerts by now.

Dean - most are money making events for the bands involved. 80000 bodies is quite a vast amount. Cutting the audience numbers to 50000 is going to leave a huge dent in someone's pocket, probably the promoters.

One's already reported in the paper as saying that he will advise the acts he represents NOT to play Hyde Park if the numbers are culled.
like it

as an example
if West Ham DID get the new olympic site ..most of Upton Park will probably shut
from august to may..this is thier harvest so to speak..from may to august..the place is empty
all food shops and off licences will probably have big problems
Old 21st February 2012, 08:59 PM
UBloonie

sadly its not just parks, alot of pubs and clubs in Brum are under threat from holding live music or events due to residents of brand new flats complaining of late night noise. The pubs and clubs have been in the locations for years, the flats are relatively new.

Back to the park issue, I went to see Madness in Victorai park in London and I couldnt hear it very well. I heard there was a ruling in place where the music couldnt get above a certain level. Being outside there is nothing fo rthe sound to vibrate off cauing the music to seem quieter. Waste of money and has made me think twice about attending an open air gig again.
Old 21st February 2012, 09:35 PM
UBloonie

Location: East London and PROUD..(now SLUMMUMING IT in Essex)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrClaypole View Post
sadly its not just parks, alot of pubs and clubs in Brum are under threat from holding live music or events due to residents of brand new flats complaining of late night noise. The pubs and clubs have been in the locations for years, the flats are relatively new.

Back to the park issue, I went to see Madness in Victorai park in London and I couldnt hear it very well. I heard there was a ruling in place where the music couldnt get above a certain level. Being outside there is nothing fo rthe sound to vibrate off cauing the music to seem quieter. Waste of money and has made me think twice about attending an open air gig again.

some of my favourite gigs have been outside
Southampton for example
Dagenham town show on closing night in the past have had good acts with good sound..Aswad..pissing down with rain..freezing cold but the music sounded good and was loud (i think it was the same year they supported UB40 in Brentwood)
i just think the few spoil the enjoyment for the rest
and as i said at the start
a majority of gig at hyde park are charity based