Go Back   UB40 Forums > General Area > General Anarchy

Old 20th March 2012, 09:08 PM
Über UBLoonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrClaypole View Post
Im still in contact with my 1st ever friend after 32 years, I consider him my best friend.

When I see my 4 year old nephew in the park, I see him gravitate towards other children naturally, I dont see how you could implement such a daft idea.
I think as humans we have evolved too find people we naturally feel comfortable with and need a perosn we can confide in without being judged.
Fine if you feel comfortable in large groups, but young children havent got the attention spans needed to keep in with a large group of "friends", they will generally just pick one or two close friends to play with.

I think its sinister the way children are expected to grow up under an adults viewpoint of how they should be behaving, even at a nursery they have to follow a curriculum of sorts. They even have a parents evening once every 6 months to discuss if "little johnny" is able too burp after eating. Its totally crazy, children will find the way too adulthood on their own, I dont think many of us here have suffered any consequences due too not being taught in a progressive way.

What has made me really angry though is reading about children as young as 4 and 5 years of age being classed as racist because theyve asked someone of a different skin colour why they are different.

A child is naturally curious about their world as everything is new to them, once the question is asked a child will usually accept the difference and carry on having had their interest answered.

To draw attention to their interest is only demonising the "different" child in their eyes and will do more harm than good.
What Mr C said.....all of it

specially the bit about how we seem to be imposing thoughts we have formed as adults on to children.....

I wish these people would focus on important issues ... and elephant ill fly
Old 20th March 2012, 09:16 PM
UBloonie

Location: East London and PROUD..(now SLUMMUMING IT in Essex)

i personally think this is wrong
i still go football (watch not play lol) with a one of my best friends from nursery/infants
we have been mates since 3...i am also in close contact with my best mate since we were 9 (he hates footy)
my wife is still in close contact with her childhood friends.....i even take them to UB40 gigs whilst the wife babysits

as for my son
he has a different club nearly every night
monday..Karate
Tuesday ..Royal School of Ballet (had to chuck that one in as i am proud of him)
wednesday..swimming classes
thursday..exam dance classes
Friday...day off
Saturday...multiple dance classes
he has best mates in all the after school classes he does
but his over all best mate is his school mate....and i hope they are mates when they are my age
every one has friends
everyone has family
how many have mate?
Old 24th March 2012, 12:15 PM
UB40 Fan

I work as a teaching assistant at my local school , since I gave up hairdressing , I can't believe that this would happen, at our school we encourage children to sort out any differences within their friendship groups as you say children should experience all aspects of life, sometimes these do gooders actually do more harm than good with their stupid ideas, my children all have best friends , my two eldest 20 and 17 still have the friends from when they started and yes they fell out from time to time ,these idiots need to let children grow up without bubble wrapping them or they will never cope as adults.
Old 26th March 2012, 08:16 AM
UBloonie

Gullible is spelt "Daily Mail" and you all fall for it everytime.
Old 26th March 2012, 09:40 AM
Super Über UBloonie

Wrong rat boy ,

FREE GARY TYLER

www.freegarytyler.com/

Old 26th March 2012, 10:59 AM
Über UBLoonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratcatcher View Post
Gullible is spelt "Daily Mail" and you all fall for it everytime.
Agree on the first part.

It's by far the worst newspaper that ever existed.

But no one here falls for the crap that's written in there.
Old 26th March 2012, 11:16 AM
UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDUB BOY aka Superal View Post
Wrong rat boy ,
glad to see the art of fine debate isn't lost
Old 26th March 2012, 11:17 AM
UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by anant_shah94 View Post
But no one here falls for the crap that's written in there.
I regret that is not the case. Far to many reactionaries that will fall for any old line...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Adventurer View Post
If only it was, Kelvin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrClaypole View Post
Im still in contact with my 1st ever friend after 32 years, I consider him my best friend.

When I see my 4 year old nephew in the park, I see him gravitate towards other children naturally, I dont see how you could implement such a daft idea.
I think as humans we have evolved too find people we naturally feel comfortable with and need a perosn we can confide in without being judged.
Fine if you feel comfortable in large groups, but young children havent got the attention spans needed to keep in with a large group of "friends", they will generally just pick one or two close friends to play with.

I think its sinister the way children are expected to grow up under an adults viewpoint of how they should be behaving, even at a nursery they have to follow a curriculum of sorts. They even have a parents evening once every 6 months to discuss if "little johnny" is able too burp after eating. Its totally crazy, children will find the way too adulthood on their own, I dont think many of us here have suffered any consequences due too not being taught in a progressive way.

What has made me really angry though is reading about children as young as 4 and 5 years of age being classed as racist because theyve asked someone of a different skin colour why they are different.

A child is naturally curious about their world as everything is new to them, once the question is asked a child will usually accept the difference and carry on having had their interest answered.

To draw attention to their interest is only demonising the "different" child in their eyes and will do more harm than good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by one love View Post
Almost cant believe this kind of crap!Maybe those teachers did"nt have a normal live when they grow up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Adventurer View Post
How they'd implement it god only knows. What kind of teachers would penalise a child for having one or two friends and choosing not to mix with a large group?

Seems to be more to do with suppressing individuality at an early age - welcome to the Brave New World.

PS...I'm familiar with that story I highlighted above, that wasn't just P.C gone mad, it was retarded. Whoever reported that child shouldn't be in the job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starshine007 View Post
It seems like the kids of today will end up with NO coping skills as they grow up. They're leaving junior school unable to read or write properly so would it not make more sense to tackle that rather than the number of friends they have? I'm so glad I'm not a parent, not sure how those who are cope with such ridiculous dogma being thrown at them incessantly.

As for the highlighted line referring to skin colour - guilty as charged - as a little kid down the park Kids should be curious, if they're not asking questions about anything, something's seriously wrong. And yes, once those questions were answered by any new kid who wanted to play on the swings, we all carried on regardless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nephertiti View Post
What Mr C said.....all of it

specially the bit about how we seem to be imposing thoughts we have formed as adults on to children.....

I wish these people would focus on important issues ... and elephant ill fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean M View Post
i personally think this is wrong
i still go football (watch not play lol) with a one of my best friends from nursery/infants
we have been mates since 3...i am also in close contact with my best mate since we were 9 (he hates footy)
my wife is still in close contact with her childhood friends.....i even take them to UB40 gigs whilst the wife babysits

as for my son
he has a different club nearly every night
monday..Karate
Tuesday ..Royal School of Ballet (had to chuck that one in as i am proud of him)
wednesday..swimming classes
thursday..exam dance classes
Friday...day off
Saturday...multiple dance classes
he has best mates in all the after school classes he does
but his over all best mate is his school mate....and i hope they are mates when they are my age
every one has friends
everyone has family
how many have mate?
Old 26th March 2012, 01:15 PM
UBloonie

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratcatcher View Post
I regret that is not the case. Far to many reactionaries that will fall for any old line...
What if I'd posted it from another newspaper or news source? The Daily Mail ran it but it isn't their story.
Old 26th March 2012, 01:17 PM
UBloonie

Not on face value because I'm not a patsy or a sheep.

But that it was the UK hate rag just adds more reason to approach with caution.

Last edited by ratcatcher; 26th March 2012 at 01:20 PM.