Go Back   UB40 Forums > General Area > UB40 Discussion

Old 15th February 2010, 03:58 PM
Super Über UBloonie

I feel that LOL4 continues a very welcome return to top form that started with WYFF.GITG,LOL3,Cover Up and Homegrown all contained some great songs but I feel that they didn't have the quality throughout the whole albums as WYFF,24/7 and LOL4.Although most of us are on this bb because we love UB40 there is a huge variation in answers when people are asked about their favourite songs/albums.This merely demonstrates the consistent excellence of UB40's output over 30 years.This is my opinion and I'm entitled to it.Btw the clips on Amazon really whetted my appetite for LOL4's release.
Old 15th February 2010, 04:54 PM
UBloonie

Send a message via Yahoo to Erin

geez people, if he didn't like it, he didn't like it.....omgodge! why can't he not like it?

I do find it strange to do a whole post on a bands website about not liking their newest album (for example, it never crossed my mind to post an "I hate your new album" post on U2's website last year, but there you are.....

this merited 21+ pages???? incredible!!!
Old 15th February 2010, 05:33 PM
UB40 Band Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilia Urrutia View Post
Why do you keep bloody mentioning the quotes then??? Everyone is entitled to post what they like or don't like of UB40 music, if you are brazen enough to post a comment, then be prepared to receive the feedback, otherwise don't bother...

What she said....Thanks Lilia..

PHEWEEE !!! just read the whole thread..Its quite obvious some people here want to do all the talking whilst telling other people to keep quiet..ITS NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN...whats good for you is good for us...If you don't like the reaction you get to your posts don't post...And Im going echo Lilias words & say it again for Sean who seems to get particularly angry having to read it..

UB40 CONSIDER THE BASIC PRINCIPLE ' FREEDOM OF SPEECH ' OF PARAMOUNT IMPORTANCE ON THIS FORUM, FAR MORE IMPORTANT THAN ANYTHING ANYONE HAS TO SAY WHETHER THATS POSITIVE OR NEGATIVE IN REGARD TO UB40...If thats a problem for anyone DONT POST..If its not blatantly obvious to everyone just how much UB40 care about what we do then ask yourselves , why we answer your posts, why we make ourselves so accessible and why we defend our art, our partners and our honour when in question. If anyone is under the misapprehension that we simply do it for 'fun'..seek help.
Old 15th February 2010, 05:59 PM
I'm New here

Thumbs up Lovin the album

How can anyone be disappointed with LOL4???? Its AMAZING, I can't stop playing it. UB40 are simply the best, love you loads.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx
Old 15th February 2010, 06:00 PM
UBloonie

Send a message via Yahoo to Erin

Well, I for one, can't wait to get my hands on a copy of LOL4, especially since Tracks of My Tears is my anthem! I'm equally looking forward to, well, maybe not equally, maybe a bit more, my annual trek to see a gig or two!!!!!

If jai doesn't like it, he doesn't like it. His LOSS
Old 15th February 2010, 06:32 PM
Extra Super Über UBLoonie

Send a message via MSN to Waltjo

Quote:
Originally Posted by juedrops View Post
How can anyone be disappointed with LOL4???? Its AMAZING, I can't stop playing it. UB40 are simply the best, love you loads.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx

Hi Juedrops and welcome to Loonieland

~THE GEMINI DEFECTIVES - DON'T COME TO US FOR ADVICE!!!!~
Old 15th February 2010, 07:40 PM
UB40 Band Member

Yes it does seem an unnecessary waste of energy to post about something you DON'T like. If I felt the need to post every time I heard something I didn't like then I wouldn't have time for anything else [like eating and sleeping]. I'm wondering what jai thought he was going to achieve.
Most of the responses were respectful, but disagreed. No shock there. The thread took a really bad turn with Lutwyches post. It was aggressive, and unnecessarily rude to the members of this board, and members of the band. From that point on all reason broke down. The post wasn't designed to stimulate any kind of debate or conversation. It was put there as a final word on the subject, like dictating to everyone how things were, no argument. It was the post itself that caused problems.
jai's post wasn't a problem at all.
Old 15th February 2010, 07:44 PM
UB40 Band Member

WHAT HE SAID...cheers JB..
Old 15th February 2010, 08:00 PM
UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bt/ub40 View Post
Greetings Jai....Thanks for your post,I have to admit I'm disappointed to read that you are disappointed and don't like Labour Of Love IV, afterall we make them to the best of our ability with the sole intention of making the people happy, I can say with my hand on my heart its the best we could possibly do at this moment in time.
BT. Are you saying you wish it could be better but this was the best you could achieve? or do you always feel that way about your releases.

Alan
Old 15th February 2010, 08:03 PM
UB40 Fan

Everyone can have their own view of music. Thats what makes the world go around, we are all different!

In my opinion I think LOLIV is superb. I have listened to it in minute detail on the ipod, loud motoring music and on the Bose. I can't fault it in any way.
(Best on the Bose!)

What more can I say?

Sounds like UB40 to me and the songs done live at the NEC off this album were incredible.

Respect

Joe

Joe
Closed Thread