Go Back   UB40 Forums > General Area > UB40 Discussion

Old 24th July 2014, 10:01 PM
UB40 Fan

Send a message via ICQ to Only Me
Default What the hell .................

... are the media playing at. I am fuming .......................

GTS Images | BRENTWOOD FESTIVAL #4 | #157 The saxophonist from UB40 performing at the Brentwood Festival.

OK this guy is an innocent musician but what the caption says is simply appalling. Brian, Jimmy, is there nothing that can be done?

I know you guys are working on it and you have our total support but Jeeeez

Where is Eamonn? - No FT, No Comment
Old 24th July 2014, 10:05 PM
UBloonie

Brians got a great sun tan aint he
Old 25th July 2014, 12:28 AM
UB40 Band Member

There are no journalists left these day. They are supposed to be there to inform people, but the average UB40 fan knows what is going on to a much greater degree than most 'journalists'. They don't investigate what they write any more, they just consult google. And probably don't go past the first page. Just filling space.

The media are the first victims of aldi's wilful confusion, then the ticket buying public.

He's putting on as many shows as he can knowing that they probably won't happen. That way he can pocket the ticket money. Even if they only sell a few hundred he'll get his cut. Another looming bankruptcy will make it impossible for fans to get any of their money back.

As far as legals are concerned we are approaching endgame.
Old 25th July 2014, 09:41 AM
Über UBLoonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB40 View Post

As far as legals are concerned we are approaching endgame.
Great news. Just move the knight to C6 and BOOM! Checkmate.
Old 25th July 2014, 12:17 PM
UBloonie

just see aldi team wanna sell signing off t-shirt (with the COVER OF THE UB40 ALBUM) on the t-shirt !! :
"Ali Campbell il y a environ une heure
We're very much looking forward to playing at Leicester Tigers on Saturday & our fantastic new t-shirts will be on sale there too.."

what a shame, again and again.....
Old 25th July 2014, 12:55 PM
UBloonie

I prefer the white gingery saxophonist...

Its good that AC remembers the UB40 form, cos he may well need to fill one out soon when the long arm of the law catches up with him...and he's no job.

Maybe he could get a job stacking shelves in Aldi, that way he could use the slogan "Aldi, the legendary stacker at Aldi" without and ramifications!
Old 25th July 2014, 01:11 PM
UBloonie

I hear the sound of shovels in the distance....yes....it's Ali and Astro digging the graves for their own careers. Astro should have been smarter than this. For over 5 WHOLE YEARS he saw how hateful and vile Ali was being in the media.....and he STILL chose to join him? I don't get it....I never will get it....it's like joining a footie team with 3 games left to go in the season and you KNOW the team is going to be relegated, but you join them anyway.....Astro...you're dumber than I thought you could be.

“For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance, he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries.” - Robert Jastrow, 'God and The Astronomers'
Old 25th July 2014, 01:20 PM
Über UBLoonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GefferyMorgan View Post
Astro...you're dumber than I thought you could be.
Maybe he's not though. It seems he had money issues. So by quitting UB40 and joining Ali, he joined a venture where the lion's share was split 3 ways instead of 8 ways (I'm assuming that Mickey gets an equal share, who knows though with the way he's been treated).

By using the name UB40, they're able to sell tickets to their gigs and also get a load of festival dates booked as well. This ensures that the money comes in.

He probably decided to fix his financial issues in the short term and sacrifice his long term career. It's certainly immoral, but maybe it's not dumb...
Old 25th July 2014, 04:22 PM
UB40 Band Member

It's all about the money.

UB40 had to work through our bankruptcy. Which means that other people had to be payed before we were. That was just a fact of life.

For aldi and the tambourine player, they wanted money in their pockets NOW rather than later. They tried to hold us to ransom by threatening to leave the band if the didn't get paid. We said 'there's the door'.

The band took collective responsibility for the financial problems we encountered because we wanted to carry on where we left off.

The three that left thought they could run away from those responsibilities and put what they earn into their pockets instead. take the money and run.

Anant is absolutely right. It was a short-term solution to a long term problem.

We figured it would be better to go through that suffering and come out the other end with a long term plan which will set us up for the future. A plan that is starting to show rewards this year.

Which is why our ex singer started to use the name of the band he left 7 years ago. He is trying to cash in on the good will the band has built with our fans over the last few years.

It's also true that both aldi and the tambourine player aren't the brightest people you've ever met, so I think stupidity has a lot to do with it.
Old 25th July 2014, 08:36 PM
Super Über UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by old loonie View Post
Brians got a great sun tan aint he
and 37 gota great comb over.

Seriously note, It's all about money yeah, if it goes to court the judge will take a dim view of it all.