Go Back   UB40 Forums > General Area > UB40 Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 27th November 2009, 03:54 PM
LyricOfficer's Avatar
LyricOfficer LyricOfficer is offline
UBloonie
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 2,446
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackiew View Post
Elise your mum made it through all the queueing and the concert i didnt so hats off to Sue, and i must just say what a lovely lady she is
i will mail you all the pics i took if you want, i know it aint the same but we were sort of next to each other
Thanks Jackie and a big thank you to you for sorting out the accommodation. Mum said how lovely you all were. A big hug to your Sam and Karen (we'll make a loonie of Karen yet!! )

Jackie, I have to say what a very brave lady you are, with all that you're going through healthwise. I do hope that Dublin won't be your last gig and you get sorted soon xxxxxxxxx
__________________
...shine your light make a flower grow...in the desert sand...
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 27th November 2009, 03:59 PM
LyricOfficer's Avatar
LyricOfficer LyricOfficer is offline
UBloonie
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 2,446
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oLdbOi View Post
Before Impossible Love, when RBC says "this is one to dance to your partner to" he looked at me and said "or your mum!" Big grins from mum and me and of course I just had to buy the live CD of the gig to hear my mum mentioned! fantastic!..

wish there was one for the Rome gig.......

a great idea selling these live CD's


bOi

"Where's Bruno???" Yeah, thanks RBC!
__________________
...shine your light make a flower grow...in the desert sand...
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 27th November 2009, 04:00 PM
jackiew's Avatar
jackiew jackiew is offline
UBloonie
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: North Wales( but from S.E London)
Posts: 2,221
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricOfficer View Post
Thanks Jackie and a big thank you to you for sorting out the accommodation. Mum said how lovely you all were. A big hug to your Sam and Karen (we'll make a loonie of Karen yet!! )

Jackie, I have to say what a very brave lady you are, with all that you're going through healthwise. I do hope that Dublin won't be your last gig and you get sorted soon xxxxxxxxx

aww thanx Elise yes am trying to get Karen to join, she was so funny at the gig, asking what song was what , but she really did enjoy herself and i am sure she will be wanting to go to many more gigs (with or without me)

I am going to Manchester with Jen and Beth and then Brum with Jen, Beth, Hubby and a couple of other friends, but i think after that i wil have to give up gigs as my health is not getting any better unless i use my wheelchair and you know my thoughts on that


but i did have a good time in Dublin, and the company was great too
__________________
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v1...ewing%20album/




Don't do the crime, if you can't do the time
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 27th November 2009, 04:05 PM
LyricOfficer's Avatar
LyricOfficer LyricOfficer is offline
UBloonie
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 2,446
Default

Lol at Karen! Sounds a bit like my mum! But afterwards Mum was talking about them like she'd known them all her life! She instantly remembered all their names and various names of the crew I'd mentioned! Guess that comes from having been a headteacher - she knew the names of all the kids in her school!

Fingers crossed all will be well for you at Manc and Brum, I'm sure it will. See you on the 21st then! xxx
__________________
...shine your light make a flower grow...in the desert sand...
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 27th November 2009, 04:09 PM
jackiew's Avatar
jackiew jackiew is offline
UBloonie
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: North Wales( but from S.E London)
Posts: 2,221
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricOfficer View Post
Lol at Karen! Sounds a bit like my mum! But afterwards Mum was talking about them like she'd known them all her life! She instantly remembered all their names and various names of the crew I'd mentioned! Guess that comes from having been a headteacher - she knew the names of all the kids in her school!

Fingers crossed all will be well for you at Manc and Brum, I'm sure it will. See you on the 21st then! xxx

yes cos you looked so shocked when she mentioned names didnt you??
and i am so glad she enjoyed the gig

yep see you on the 21st hun
__________________
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v1...ewing%20album/




Don't do the crime, if you can't do the time
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 27th November 2009, 04:13 PM
oLdbOi's Avatar
oLdbOi oLdbOi is offline
Super Über UBloonie
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 10,201
Default

wishing you feel lots better Jackiew. :flowers: (i know, worth a try tho)

bOi

Last edited by oLdbOi; 27th November 2009 at 04:13 PM. Reason: wish we could all rewind and have that pizza again..:)
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 27th November 2009, 05:48 PM
jenthered's Avatar
jenthered jenthered is offline
Über UBLoonie
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: stoke-on-trent
Posts: 5,697
Send a message via MSN to jenthered Send a message via Yahoo to jenthered
Wink

it was great meeting you and your mum Eliseyou are both lovely peopleoh and Jackie next time you see Karen can you give her a slap from me!i can't listen to DUTML without singing vitalite!i don't know about her being a loonie but i do know she's bloody nuts!(in a nice way)just think this time last week we were freezing our bits offoutside the o2!but it was worth it
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 27th November 2009, 06:43 PM
Starshine007's Avatar
Starshine007 Starshine007 is offline
Super Über UBloonie
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Loondon
Posts: 23,139
Default

Is it a week ago already? Seems like yesterday that Me and Marg joined you lot in the queue

Elise, your mum is most definitely stellar for not only queueing but surviving the front row from start to finish and it was lovely to see her again (and you of course!). Have you persuaded her to go to Plymouth yet?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 27th November 2009, 07:28 PM
jackiew's Avatar
jackiew jackiew is offline
UBloonie
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: North Wales( but from S.E London)
Posts: 2,221
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oLdbOi View Post
wishing you feel lots better Jackiew. :flowers: (i know, worth a try tho)

bOi

Thanx Bruno
__________________
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v1...ewing%20album/




Don't do the crime, if you can't do the time
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 27th November 2009, 07:30 PM
jackiew's Avatar
jackiew jackiew is offline
UBloonie
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: North Wales( but from S.E London)
Posts: 2,221
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenthered View Post
it was great meeting you and your mum Eliseyou are both lovely peopleoh and Jackie next time you see Karen can you give her a slap from me!i can't listen to DUTML without singing vitalite!i don't know about her being a loonie but i do know she's bloody nuts!(in a nice way)just think this time last week we were freezing our bits offoutside the o2!but it was worth it
Lol she still keeps singing it Jen
yeh Karen is cool, we have aways got on, but then i suppose i have to like her she is my sister in law after all
__________________
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v1...ewing%20album/




Don't do the crime, if you can't do the time
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
dublin, elise, review

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 (Unregistered)


Forum SEO by Rapid Web Ltd