Old 6th June 2014, 05:12 AM
UBloonie

Some one once said something like: "but if you'd have got the cash, you could've bought the class, and a different set of rules."

hmmmmm. riddle me this: what if, in spite of democratically elected officials, special interest groups and lobbies, with cash to spend, persuaded the education board in a certain direction, would it then represent the will of the majority?

answer me this: why is it that we cant sing about Jesus at Christmas and Easter in our school holiday programs, while at the same time a teacher holds Ramadan fast for a month for all of his students (regardless of the students own faith) so that they can appreciate Islam....for a grade? Imagine Jewish students, or Muslim students being graded on whether or not they sang "Silent Night" at the school. OUTRAGEOUS!!!

Look, I dont knock someones religion, but at least be consistent.
And it looks like big money and political correctness is driving alot of what is being taught at public schools. And you and I will have very little barring on the same with our puny voices.

AA

But I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave.
Old 6th June 2014, 05:27 AM
UBloonie

as for the Religion question: If there is a God in a Heaven, he would not hold a gun to your head to make you believe in Him. In fact, all of us learn from our experiences, and that is what Science is: OBSERVATION! EXPERIENCE! trial and error, experimentation. And, to the best of my knowledge, the human experience has been doing this for a long, long time. Therefore, religious people have to remember that the God they believe in has been allowing people, some might say inspiring people, to learn for themselves what is real and as the way things really are. And so far, God has not struck down any of the scientists (though zealots have burned people at the stake for their scientific belief through out history, which is a shame).

So perhaps the BIG EXPERIMENT really is to see if we will be kind to each other, to love one another, regardless of what direction our search for truth takes us, in spite of our differences. And, if there is no God, then at least we will have been nice, and kind to each other.

Food for Thought
AA

Old 6th June 2014, 05:36 AM
UBloonie

as for FACT or FAKE:

"We are men of action, lies do not become us."
Westley, from the Princess Bride.

This is one thing on which both Science and Religion agree: Truth is the ultimate quest. Lies will fade into the past. Reality is being defined, and Distortion will only frustrate.

Old 9th June 2014, 06:33 PM
Über UBLoonie

Don't believe anything that separates/splits is useful or better whether it is families, playgroups, schools , countries. If it happens , you deal with it , but surely it is madness to fight FOR it ....

So don't like faith/single minded schools whatever they are .... they only way that we can build a better place , is to focus on our similarities and stop obsessing about our differences

As JB said , the difficulty with discussing with those who believe that their way is the only way ...is that there is no common ground ...as the wall just comes down .....

I don't believe in God , because I simply can't , but I would like to be that certain about something
....but me brains also stops when I look around a street and then look up at the sky and see all these planets ....our brain is only the size of a wee grapefruit ....no wonder we can't process it

...so we find a god to blame ....gives us a feeling of control ....

As to this school in Birmingham ...I feel it is a smoke screen ...there are much more worrying issues ...poverty , the NHS ....sorry to keep banging on ...but it is massive .....and our headline news is about one school which could be dealt with by the authorities .....NO ....everyone go to a public school , get the same education ....religion or on religion is a way of life ...can be taught at home .....

Everyone needs to understand about all the different religions ....why not ? I am happy that people go and visit mosques ...I am delighted when the wee boy who has moved from Pakistan is Joseph in the school nativity and is cheered on by his burkaad mum.....I celebrate that the kids are taken to Anne Frank's house to understand what it was like ......and they draw Happy Hanukah cards

I am quoting now ...but "children should know about Christianity in order to understand the history of this country" ...... the crusades, why our Lizzie is the head of the Church of England because her ancestor fancied getting a divorce .....This is Britain ...Christianity is part of the Earth ....The Catholic and Protestant debate is engrained ....

The world is changing , and the only way is for everyone to accept others and be together ....well that's what I think ......

now better press the button before it all disappears again.....
Old 9th June 2014, 07:01 PM
UBloonie

well said nephertiti, i also must add that the political elite delibratly foster division, and demonise muslims,immigrants and the unemployed, (notice a pattern) as that is the only way they can keep power...divide and rule...the problem is a lot of brits fall for this nonsense.
Old 9th June 2014, 08:06 PM
UB40 Band Member

What both of you said.

It's Tory politicians lining up to play the part of the "white knight". Bringing the Christian sword down on the heads of the brown-skinned hordes.

Gove is a neo-con. He's got a blood lust. He's spoiling for a fight. Well, not him personally ( the saying "couldn't punch his way out of a paper bag" springs to mind), but hes straining at the bit to unleash the state apparatus against Muslim parents. It gives him a hardon to use his power. That's why he was slagging off May, he wants her job.

And Theresa May is just positioning to appeal to the Tory/ukrap constituency.

Expect plenty more Tories to line upto show how tough they are on working class Muslims from our inner cities.

It's election time.
Old 9th June 2014, 08:16 PM
Super Über UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB40 View Post
What both of you said.

It's Tory politicians lining up to play the part of the "white knight". Bringing the Christian sword down on the heads of the brown-skinned hordes.

Gove is a neo-con. He's got a blood lust. He's spoiling for a fight. Well, not him personally ( the saying "couldn't punch his way out of a paper bag" springs to mind), but hes straining at the bit to unleash the state apparatus against Muslim parents. It gives him a hardon to use his power. That's why he was slagging off May, he wants her job.

And Theresa May is just positioning to appeal to the Tory/ukrap constituency.

Expect plenty more Tories to line upto show how tough they are on working class Muslims from our inner cities.

It's election time.
Been following this today Jimmy.Problems were found in 5 of the 21 schools and most of the complaints about those 5 came from muslim parents.Hardly suggests muslim extremism on the march.
Old 9th June 2014, 08:34 PM
UB40 Band Member

It looks to me like the establishment closing ranks. OFSTED rewrite history to match goves naive delusions. His talk of "draining the swamp is pure neo-con hysteria.

I'm betting he used to get all hot over the latest Frederick Forsyth novel when he was a nerdy little kid. And his collection of airfix WW2 planes hanging of a sign saying "who dares wins".

He's an odious little idealogue who's only qualification is he takes the.Murdoch shilling.

Expect to see a lot of kids education being disrupted so that the Tories can get themselves a few headlines in the right Wing press.
Old 9th June 2014, 08:41 PM
UBloonie

i suspect that gove was incredibly bullied as a kid, and is getting his revenge, i suspect iain teflon smith was aswell, as far as the gove/may situation....well, that smells of positioning themselves for a potential leadership challenge after the nxt election,,,,
wrecking peoples lifes and kids futures just so they can acheive some personal agenda....
and yet the british people put up with it....deary me...
Old 9th June 2014, 09:03 PM
Über UBLoonie

Yes you are right Tom , JB and GFE

Gove is like an odius yapping woodpecker ....who is just looking for something to show some personality it is extremely difficult to find anything positive to say about him....

the sad thing is , that all political campaigns are involving blaming and picking at other people..... rather than saying what they actually think ....or come up with any creative ideas on how to sort out problems.....