Go Back   UB40 Forums > General Area > UB40 Discussion

Old 17th May 2015, 04:36 PM
Über UBLoonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnie4ub40 View Post
By the end of the evening I was tired, broke, blisters on both feet, very hot and sticky, but extremely happy and buzzing, and I'd do it all again in a heart beat! ( ooh I am soon )
So happy and privileged to be on this earth same time as UB40. They're all I need to keep me happy. Thanks for the music guys and another wonderful evening- you're the best - the waves and smiles and recognition and interaction with us fans make you even more special!Big love
Xxx

Nicely put Lynn - am sure we said hello I think?!
Old 17th May 2015, 07:06 PM
Super Über UBloonie

Lyn that was lovely, all of it I need a bit of your spin I think *ahem* Glad we found space between me and Ilonka for you somehow when the band were on, if only we'd managed to get some more space for all the queue buddies. Ah well...

Can't really add to your joyous posts except to say see you soon
Old 17th May 2015, 08:17 PM
Über UBLoonie

And can I say I enjoyed reading all about it ... Happiness by visualising others happiness ...
Old 17th May 2015, 09:49 PM
Super Über UBloonie

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by nephertiti View Post
And can I say I enjoyed reading all about it ... Happiness by visualising others happiness ...
What she said Curtsies to her maj Nephertiti

love jx
Old 18th May 2015, 06:04 AM
UB40 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saad View Post
Nicely put Lynn - am sure we said hello I think?!
Hi Saad, did we lol!! I'm still not sure who you are? Go on, tell me your name please. PM me if its secret ha ha. I knew I'd forgot to ask Michele some thing !!!
Old 18th May 2015, 06:09 AM
UB40 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starshine007 View Post

Can't really add to your joyous posts except to say see you soon
see you soon !

Glad you enjoyed the read - wish I was a better writer to do them justice!
UB40 were friggin AMAZING :bouncel blue:
Old 18th May 2015, 08:06 AM
UB40 Fan

Lynne, your reviews read like I feel; these gigs truly are a suspension of reality for 3 hours; hope you have your autumn ones booked?
Old 18th May 2015, 11:55 AM
UB40 Fan

Smile ditto at Watford

What a day, arrived in Watford with my other half around 4pm and looked around for a place to eat. Found a lovely Italian restaurant/bar that spilled out onto the High street pavement on a glorious sunny afternoon. Sat there eating drinking for a couple hours taking in the sights and relaxing.
Headed off to the Colleseum and arrived around 6.30pm, more drink and settled in the Lobby area to watch a young local group playing reggae/rock. A very vibrant energetic 6 piece band (‘late day breakers’) they should do well really enjoyed them. 7pm the doors were open to the main hall and we milled around for 20mins it was about a third full. I had visions of it staying like that (I went to see Erasure at Southend a couple of years back and that was about a third full the whole gig, but still a good night). Anyway I need not fear the bars outside were rammed and people were flooding through the doors. It was a nightmare getting served at the bar too many people being served by too few staff, thought it was going to kick off with people getting very impatient!
At about 8.15pm back in the Hall to hear DJ Gold stir up the crowd and he always does this very well! The Hall was rammed now, a Sell out and it was getting incredibly hot. All the side doors were opened up to let the air flow which helped. Well where did 2 hours go? Went by far too quickly and by the end the crowd were whipped up to a frenzy. It never fails to amaze me how I can keep coming back year after year to enjoy what I’ve heard thousands of time and twenty or so gigs. They are like a drug you get hooked all in a good way of course.
Everyone in the band comes to the fore at some point in the gig more so than I can ever remember in 37 years watching them. I have to say Duncan has his own unique stamp on the band now and I love it, he really has so much confidence, energy and he really looks like he enjoys it. All the Campbell brothers obviously have the Showmanship in their blood! Singing Happy birthday to Laurence all added to the family affair too, Norman doing his funny dances, Robin with his witty banter, Jim at the start Whipping up the crowd, Brian with his wonderful Sax and that flute thing for Kingston Town intro, Earl, Tony and Martin all had a hand in the whole spectacle.
Its funny but I look at all the crowd, all ages, creeds and colours enjoying this unique blend of Upbeat, party music but you cannot Stereotype a UB40 fan, they are all so different and totally unexpected in some cases. Best night I’ve had for ages and definitely highlight of my year. Anyone thinking of going to see them don’t hesitate. Now which October Gigs will I choose to go to next……………….Hmmm xxxx
Old 18th May 2015, 03:16 PM
Über UBLoonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by reggaeron View Post
What a day, arrived in Watford with my other half around 4pm and looked around for a place to eat. Found a lovely Italian restaurant/bar that spilled out onto the High street pavement on a glorious sunny afternoon. Sat there eating drinking for a couple hours taking in the sights and relaxing.
Headed off to the Colleseum and arrived around 6.30pm, more drink and settled in the Lobby area to watch a young local group playing reggae/rock. A very vibrant energetic 6 piece band (‘late day breakers’) they should do well really enjoyed them. 7pm the doors were open to the main hall and we milled around for 20mins it was about a third full. I had visions of it staying like that (I went to see Erasure at Southend a couple of years back and that was about a third full the whole gig, but still a good night). Anyway I need not fear the bars outside were rammed and people were flooding through the doors. It was a nightmare getting served at the bar too many people being served by too few staff, thought it was going to kick off with people getting very impatient!
At about 8.15pm back in the Hall to hear DJ Gold stir up the crowd and he always does this very well! The Hall was rammed now, a Sell out and it was getting incredibly hot. All the side doors were opened up to let the air flow which helped. Well where did 2 hours go? Went by far too quickly and by the end the crowd were whipped up to a frenzy. It never fails to amaze me how I can keep coming back year after year to enjoy what I’ve heard thousands of time and twenty or so gigs. They are like a drug you get hooked all in a good way of course.
Everyone in the band comes to the fore at some point in the gig more so than I can ever remember in 37 years watching them. I have to say Duncan has his own unique stamp on the band now and I love it, he really has so much confidence, energy and he really looks like he enjoys it. All the Campbell brothers obviously have the Showmanship in their blood! Singing Happy birthday to Laurence all added to the family affair too, Norman doing his funny dances, Robin with his witty banter, Jim at the start Whipping up the crowd, Brian with his wonderful Sax and that flute thing for Kingston Town intro, Earl, Tony and Martin all had a hand in the whole spectacle.
Its funny but I look at all the crowd, all ages, creeds and colours enjoying this unique blend of Upbeat, party music but you cannot Stereotype a UB40 fan, they are all so different and totally unexpected in some cases. Best night I’ve had for ages and definitely highlight of my year. Anyone thinking of going to see them don’t hesitate. Now which October Gigs will I choose to go to next……………….Hmmm xxxx
Nice review Ron - you represented the Shrimpers Posse beautifully!
Old 20th May 2015, 02:09 PM
UBloonie

I think it was completely unfair about the 2 queues inside and a bit un-organized too. The one we were standing at was a pass through to the gents toilets, so people had to move aside the whole time. They should better have had that entrance closed off and open only the one queue near the bar area. Might have made them some extra bucks as well.

I didn't mind standing second row so much, but i felt sorry for the people who had been queueing for a long time, only to have people in front of them that hardly queued at all. But i guess shit happens some times.

All in all it was a great day with great people and a great band doing a great gig

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnie4ub40 View Post
The only damper on our day : we had been queuing from 1 - 2pm to get to the front and were first in queue but on entering the building they split us into two queues and unfortunately for us the other queue was let into stage area first so when we got in all our favourite front row spots were gone. I'd been allowed to hang a couple of posters on the barrier but we weren't near them and were more to the side. I could see well enough tho. I was behind Starshine who is the perfect person to have in front of you!!! Besides which once UB40 take to the stage your troubles are forgotten and the rest of the world fades into the back ground and you are whisked to a reggae wonderland!!
It was great to meet more UBloonies that I had only chatted on line with before. All super friendly ladies. We had such a giggle that even the queueing time was enjoyable!
Michele! Sorry I stupidly lost you and the other girls in the crowd, never got to say a proper good night. But great to see you again and catch up soon at Bath gig! Tar rar a bit !

You've cat to be kitten me right?