Go Back   UB40 Forums > General Area > UB40 Discussion

Old 19th August 2014, 07:02 PM
UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB40 View Post
Ironic isn't it matt ??

I think it shows that he is only really interested in the casual, middle-of-the-road fans that loved red red wine and can't help falling. I imagine, in his head, he thinks he can recall the 'glory days' of number one smash hits around the world.

But the music business has changed. Everything is a lot more fragmented. And record sales have tanked business wide, not just for us.
Yeah, it really does seem like he's trying to recapture his former glory, rather than trying to adapt to the current market. Like you said, the music business is not what it used to be. I've been studying how the trends are working in the states, and album sales are abysmal compared to 10 or 15 years ago....yet singles are selling as much as ten times MORE, well, the TOP singles are anyway.....I haven't done enough studies on singles that are in the middle and lower tiers...I would suspect that they are actually on the way down. Either way, I suppose this is a subject for another topic.

“For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance, he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries.” - Robert Jastrow, 'God and The Astronomers'
Old 19th August 2014, 10:06 PM
UBloonie

cheers jim you put my mind at ease, thpught you were thinking of dropping some of the old classics, love is all is theeeeeeeeee must to stay. wont say any more dont want to ruin it for peeps who aint been yet but the best tour ever apart from you guys playing them faultlessly it is also the best set ever and that includes SO tpur
Old 21st August 2014, 04:05 AM
UBloonie

Oh Geesh. Will it ever go away?! Please tell me it will go away!!!!!

Last edited by TiciaBlovesUB; 21st August 2014 at 04:06 AM. Reason: addition
Old 21st August 2014, 07:41 AM
UBloonie

once the courts do there thing Tich then we can just enjoy ubs music forever more
Old 21st August 2014, 12:18 PM
UB40 Band Member

Looks like the court are already doing their job.

Seems he's backtracking on everything now.

Removing 'we ARE UB40' from his website.

And now he's saying in all his interviews that he is 'making it quite clear' that it is him mickey and astro being offered not UB40.

Of course we have copies of all the posters that were used to advertise his gigs. Most of them don't even mention mickey or astro or the 'dep' band. And the aldi campbell is difficult to find in most of them too. The only word that you can see clearly is the name of the band he left seven years ago. UB40.

He's a liar and a cheat, and now he'll suffer the consequences of his immoral actions.
Old 21st August 2014, 12:34 PM
Über UBLoonie

I should inform you that he hasn't removed the 'We are UB40' part yet. That's still the URL for his facebook page, he's also still using it as a hashtag. His twitter name is also still We Are UB40. Looks like he still needs a bit of 'encouragement' to take it down.
Old 21st August 2014, 12:57 PM
UB40 Band Member

Yes anant. The process has only just begun.

How funny is that though ???

In interviews he's saying he is 'making very clear we are NOT UB40', whilst simultaneously running web sites under the name 'we ARE UB40'.

Can anyone spot the deliberate mistake ??
Old 21st August 2014, 02:53 PM
Über UBLoonie

It's actually quite a silly way to try to deceive people. I'm not 100% sure on the laws regarding this, but surely he's more culpable this way, than if he doesn't advertise himself as UB40 on his website, posters etc, and instead says it only in interviews?

He's even got his deception backwards.
Old 21st August 2014, 03:22 PM
UB40 Band Member

I think the incoherence is a result of desperation. He didn't think it through, but he had nowhere else to go.

I'm giving an open invitation to anyone that can take the statements 'I made it clear we were NOT UB40' and 'we ARE UB40', both made simultaneously by our ex singer, and reconcile them. How can both be true at the same time ???

Or maybe it's time to admit that he's played this one very badly.
Old 21st August 2014, 08:38 PM
UBloonie

next thing ya know, he's gonna be saying 'We could possibly be UB40, but right now we're not!'....or 'We may be UB40 if you ask us at the right time.' If they want to be TOTALLY TRUTHFUL, they'd have to go by...'We used to be a part of UB40 but we traded that in for This, which isn't working at all, so we try to get away with calling ourselves UB40'.

“For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance, he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries.” - Robert Jastrow, 'God and The Astronomers'
Closed Thread