Go Back   UB40 Forums > General Area > UB40 Discussion

Old 7th July 2014, 05:45 PM
UBloonie

Default Has there ever been any mad incidents at a UB40 concerts

Just a question I have been thinking about all day. Have there even been mad or strange incidents that have happened at UB40 concerts (apart from a couple of dodgy guys standing on the stage for years).
Old 7th July 2014, 06:01 PM
UBloonie

Back in the old days....early 80's...there was a guy who was trying to sneak into an arena in Ireland ( I think....someone correct me if I'm wrong) and he ended up falling on the stage. Just barely missed impaling himself on Ali's mic stand!

“For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance, he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries.” - Robert Jastrow, 'God and The Astronomers'
Old 7th July 2014, 06:11 PM
UB40 Fan

Send a message via MSN to Niggy_Dawg

During the WYFF tour in Bournemouth some bloke got a bit Leary down the front, not sure what happened but the show stopped briefly and on the recording you can hear Astro say something like "someone's after their 15 minutes of fame" followed by Robin saying "well he's had it now piss off", the crowd then let's off a big cheer and the show continued.

Check it out, the gig was released on cd
Old 7th July 2014, 06:38 PM
Super Über UBloonie

A huge fight on the right hand side of the tiers at Wembley one year between 2 fat, bald blokes who were a) related to each other and b) friendly not 2 seconds beforehand. Beer got spilt over everyone, including those behind them and 'security' did a runner
Old 7th July 2014, 07:15 PM
UBloonie

Send a message via MSN to bazza

Bit of a fight at NEC one year i forget which tour now but may have been Homegrown and Robin told em to act their age not their shoe size.
Also in i think it was a Belfast gig wasn,t Johnny Adair the U.F.F leader shot, though the band didn't realise until after the show.
I remember well being at Cardiff Arena for a gig im thinking Cover up tour and Ali started to sing Cant help falling in love and some drunk in an orange suit staggered on stage dancing and pointing at the band, we were stood there thinking who is this idiot when Ali suddenly says "we have been joined by our good friend Keith Allen"
Old 7th July 2014, 07:21 PM
UBloonie

Send a message via MSN to bazza

Another strange one was the Homegrown tour at the NEC after the rugby world cup win, i was there with my girlfriend and she went to the toilet before the ubs came on and came back saying she was sure she had just seen Martin Johnson the England captain, i said "dont be silly do you even know what he looks like?" and she said "yes,that" and as she pointed i looked round to see him sitting down not 5 seats from us.Made me laugh that people were trying to get his autograph and in the end security came to stop people getting near him, ive never seen bouncers look so small and so desperately trying to puff out chests and push out biceps to feel less insignificant compared to him,the man is a mountain.
Old 8th July 2014, 06:31 PM
UBloonie

I seem to remember, and I believe it was someone on here, throwing a GINORMOUS pair of underwear at or near Robin at a concert. Fairly recently too.

Old 8th July 2014, 06:46 PM
UBloonie

At the Warwick Castle gig a girl next to me who was slightly inebriated spilt a pint of larger over everyone around her then whipped off her top for all to see got to say the band carried on admirably
Old 8th July 2014, 06:48 PM
UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastender View Post
At the Warwick Castle gig a girl next to me who was slightly inebriated spilt a pint of larger over everyone around her then whipped off her top for all to see got to say the band carried on admirably
The band and regular concert goers are used to Starshine's drinking habits now. I think they call her Spilly McGee.

Old 8th July 2014, 08:54 PM
Super Über UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiak View Post
The band and regular concert goers are used to Starshine's drinking habits now. I think they call her Spilly McGee.

I might spill my drink(s) but I certainly wouldn't be spilling out of my top