Old 19th October 2015, 12:49 PM
UBloonie

Default Aylesbury

Me and the Mrs and our mate arrived in Aylesbury mid afternoon checked into the Travelodge which was right next to the venue overlooking the canal. Had a couple of cheeky ones in the room, and then nipped over to the boozer which was opposite the venue. The venue itself was very impressive (from an architectural perspective) we bumped into and said hello to Michelle who was in the 3 woman queue! Good to see you again Michelle. Anyway big queues in the pub whist waiting who should come in only our own Mr Travers and Mr Parry 😀 treated the boys to a beer 🍺🍺 as they were struggling to get served. Spent probably half an hour chatting to them both outside what a pair of gents the Mrs and her mate were over the moon, it was just like chatting to your mates!! Anyway to the gig we had seats in the gods I thought people would stand up but I don't think some of the people around us even had a pulse! So I went downstairs to join the masses. The place was rocking the boys absolutely smashed it!! Loved the set, great mix of old and new thank you UB40 for a fantastic day/night this band will go on for ever!!! viva UB40 I hope all those who are going to gigs have just a good a time as we did thanks again!
Old 19th October 2015, 10:14 PM
Super Über UBloonie

Didn't know they were letting just anyone in downstairs Skeggsy Lovely to see you, albeit briefly and meet Mrs S too. We saw lots of dancing folk up in the gods, they must have put you in the OAP section

Great venue and evening but you could have crawled home to Herts from there
Old 19th October 2015, 10:47 PM
UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Skeggs View Post
Me and the Mrs and our mate arrived in Aylesbury mid afternoon checked into the Travelodge which was right next to the venue overlooking the canal. Had a couple of cheeky ones in the room, and then nipped over to the boozer which was opposite the venue. The venue itself was very impressive (from an architectural perspective) we bumped into and said hello to Michelle who was in the 3 woman queue! Good to see you again Michelle. Anyway big queues in the pub whist waiting who should come in only our own Mr Travers and Mr Parry 😀 treated the boys to a beer 🍺🍺 as they were struggling to get served. Spent probably half an hour chatting to them both outside what a pair of gents the Mrs and her mate were over the moon, it was just like chatting to your mates!! Anyway to the gig we had seats in the gods I thought people would stand up but I don't think some of the people around us even had a pulse! So I went downstairs to join the masses. The place was rocking the boys absolutely smashed it!! Loved the set, great mix of old and new thank you UB40 for a fantastic day/night this band will go on for ever!!! viva UB40 I hope all those who are going to gigs have just a good a time as we did thanks again!
Great review, thanks for sharing
Old 19th October 2015, 11:46 PM
Über UBLoonie

What a read I can only imagine your faces when thy walked in the bar ...even though I am a big mouth , I get tongue tied and babble when I see them ...half an hour !! Lovely ...May the good days continue
Old 20th October 2015, 07:33 AM
UB40 Fan

Enjoyed reading that, thanks Steve! What Steve said: Long live UB40! Xx
Old 21st October 2015, 08:22 PM
UBloonie

Great read that Steve. Sounds like it was a fantastic night. My daughter and myself were lucky enough to have a drink in the pub with Brian and Laurence (always seems to be these two...lol ) and few other loonies a couple of years ago at a Manchester gig x