Old 16th August 2014, 08:30 PM
UB40 Band Member

Default get fracked

According to polls about a quarter of people support fracking, and the same amount oppose it. That means the majority are undecided.

The argument seems to centre on the environmental consequences of the technique. Environmentalists insist there is plenty of evidence to show fracking is bad for the environment and our health. Supporters of fracking insist there is no such evidence.

Personally I think the environmental drawbacks are pretty obvious. But let's put that discussion aside for now.

There is another more important reason why fracking is a bad idea. And it's to do with the financial costs.

The american government department responsible for keeping an eye on the energy industries has just filed a report.

This report shows that fracking companies have made over $580 BILLION since they started.

however.

It has cost them over $690 BILLION to do it !!

This proves beyond doubt that fracking is NOT financially viable.

It cost them $690 Bn to make $580 Bn.

This means that the only way fracking companies can make any money is to triple the price of gas. American will have to pay THREE TIMES MORE for their energy in the future.

A good question would be. . .why are these fracking companies lining up to do this in the UK if it has been such a financial loss in the USA.??

The answer is easy.

The banks who put up the money for the fracking wells, and the executives of the fracking companies themselves are paid FEES. This means that there rewards have nothing to do with the financial performance of the companies. It's all about the size of the deal. The bigger the deal, the bigger the fee. It's how hollywood works. The bigger the budget the more the executives can charge in fees, there is absolutely no incentive to make a profit. The consequences of these rotten deals are somebody else's problem, in other words, it'll end up being added to OUR bills !!

And all this is BEFORE we take any of the environmental consequences of such a destructive and resource depleting [water, chemicals, land] technique.

But with politicians and newspapers controlled by the same corporate thieves who bankrupted the world in 2008, and the same bankers and executives are set to make a fortune in fees from fracking. Expect to see them heavily promoting it in the next few months.

Last edited by JB40; 16th August 2014 at 08:33 PM.
Old 16th August 2014, 08:48 PM
UBloonie

It's a frackin' farce isn't it Jim?! They're all a bunch of frackin' idiots that we can do well without.

“For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance, he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries.” - Robert Jastrow, 'God and The Astronomers'
Old 23rd August 2014, 09:33 PM
Über UBLoonie

Send a message via ICQ to KGB_I_was_NOT Send a message via MSN to KGB_I_was_NOT

I'm undecided
Old 24th August 2014, 02:01 PM
UB40 Band Member

Maybe this will help irina.

Old 24th August 2014, 02:33 PM
UBloonie

max keiser,,,brilliant..the united states of jamaica..id live there..

fracking to me seems like a short term solution that will make a small amount of rich people...richer.. part of the course in todays world..paranoid loonys, holding on to thier precious wealth...

the long term solution to energy lies in space... solar raidition,,and the sun..its always been there, and will never be depleted, unless the sun blows up..
trouble is, to extract such power, would mean, vast investment and the invention of new tech..not a lot of profit in that..
maybe some crazy billionaire, will buck the trend, and actually, off his or her own back decide to do something nice for the human race, thats if other billionaires will allow them to do it..
Old 25th August 2014, 07:01 PM
Super Über UBloonie

I'm against it, lets stop spending money we haven't got.......If the government really wanna spend money, We've got coal down mine's, We've got oil off land and there is enough equipment still underground it wouldn't cost that much to bring it up............Opps that wouldn't help at all, All those poor underprivileged people abroad who are selling us cheap coal and oil for us too import at extornate prices, would be outta a job, god forbid we couldn't have that.

They can frack under your house, without your knowledge, if your poor little house ends up down a sink hole, What's the government going to say opps sorry.
Old 28th August 2014, 07:28 PM
UB40 Band Member

fracking is used to extract gas and oil.

A tracking well to extract oil costs TWICE as much as a conventional well.

And tracking sites get used up really quickly.

How can that oil possibly compete in the market ??

So, what is happening now is the US is peppered with abandoned wells.

The companies running these wells just walk away and leave the cleaning up to the american tax payer, so they can squeeze out a profit.
Old 28th August 2014, 10:52 PM
Super Über UBloonie

It's more crap from the US, & Private companies you can bet your £££ on they're all linked back to the Governments friends of friends, Give it a few years, you'll find some memorable names on the company boards/share holders..

Same as bloody wind turbines they're everywhere a blight of the horizon, have the electric bills come down, no they're as popular as a nun would be in a brothel.
Old 29th August 2014, 12:04 AM
UB40 Band Member

I love wind turbines. give me more of them I say. Fracking is one of the dirtiest ways of extracting fuel. wind turbines are clean. If my bills are gonna go up I would prefer it was because of wind turbines, which don't destroy the environment.

I love the way they look. They're awesome. Like monoliths.

they compliment the landscape because they preserve it for the future generations. The relationship is symbiotic.

It's short sighted to not see wind, solar and water and wave power as the future.

With fossil fuels, if it takes millions of years to build up that fuel but just a few seconds to use it up then it has to run out eventually.
Old 29th August 2014, 04:11 AM
UBloonie

Totally agree jimmy... wind farms on the coast are the way to go.
All the fossil fuels that have been removed surely has made the ground we walk on very unstable and we wonder why we get sink holes appear....

Ani