Go Back   UB40 Forums > General Area > UB40 Discussion

Old 3rd December 2009, 04:54 PM
Super Über UBloonie

Talking Hannover and Rotterdam gig review

HANNOVER.........

Me and Michele flew over on the Saturday and did a lot of cheating the sort of thing your not supposed to do do during following the band like sleep and eat

We had a great trip no complications or hickups so that made a change, got to the Hannnover gig found a glass cabinet that had a UB40 poster in it so i just had to see if it was unlocked and yes it was so the poster just had to come out,Michele now has it all signed met up with Josie Astrid and Eloise and what a laugh Eloise is Jen came rushing up after her last min flight but with enough time to spare

The gig was great as always but the security was a bit uptight about vids being taken and no wonder the security firm was called "ToSa" security but the guy near us was great and after holding my banner up for the lads to see i tried to hold it on the barrier but it kept slipping so the security guy came with some tape to tape it onto the barrier bless

After the gig we got to see the guys and had a little of a catch up they didnt have much time but they did hang around and i got some to sign the banner that was until until Paul called them all,it was a great evening and it was lovely to meet some more loonies

ROTTERDAM........

On the way id realised id left the fu**ing banner in the hotel room so had to carry on without it,it is in the processs of being sent to me. Again another great trip without any dissasters we met up with some band members and loonies ubnormie and Wendy it was lovely to finally get to meet you.As for having a drink no alchohol was allowed for me by loonies or band members they are all ganging up on me now We had an early night so could catch up on some much needed sleep after the last week or so,i wanted to get to the Ahoy early to get in the queue Michele said i was mad but not as bad as some loonies i have now met who had been there since 11am met some more loonies sander,nens,paula,huub,the mad gerdy and bart,and another few that i cant remember their names sorry

We got to the front as Eddy grants lot came out i got some waves from them they are used to seeing me there now Eddy as always gave a great gig with some more one to one as we sang and danced away,it was funny though when i got a txt from Paula calling me a flirt she was watching from the seated area on came UB40.......what can i say another great gig but then they have never given us anything other than a great gig but the atmosphere was great and for those who have not been yet you are so in for a treat
We managed to get backstage and mixed with them for a while BT i hope your feeling much better
The security was red hot and moved us along as soon as we and band members left we made our way back to the hotel having a giggle Michele and Jen are sooooo naughty you just wait until they tell me to behave again

At the end of the gigs Eddy's keyboard player and drummer came to the standing area to say hi to us,they are a lovely bunch,thank you Gerdy and Bart for the lift back to the hotel,it was lovely to have caught up with yourselves and Paula and Huub in the morning but a bit of a rush what with our flight,it was a lovely trip and one i will remember for a long long time
Old 3rd December 2009, 05:06 PM
Super Über UBloonie

What she said except the bit about behaving. Me and Jen are saints
Old 3rd December 2009, 05:08 PM
Super Über UBloonie

Pfffft
Old 3rd December 2009, 05:48 PM
UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starshine007 View Post

Fab review Marg..... um Mich not sure about that one i could have sworen you halo had sliped
Old 3rd December 2009, 05:57 PM
Super Über UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NUB40 View Post
HANNOVER.........

Me and Michele flew over on the Saturday and did a lot of cheating the sort of thing your not supposed to do do during following the band like sleep and eat

We had a great trip no complications or hickups so that made a change, got to the Hannnover gig found a glass cabinet that had a UB40 poster in it so i just had to see if it was unlocked and yes it was so the poster just had to come out,Michele now has it all signed met up with Josie Astrid and Eloise and what a laugh Eloise is Jen came rushing up after her last min flight but with enough time to spare

The gig was great as always but the security was a bit uptight about vids being taken and no wonder the security firm was called "ToSa" security but the guy near us was great and after holding my banner up for the lads to see i tried to hold it on the barrier but it kept slipping so the security guy came with some tape to tape it onto the barrier bless

After the gig we got to see the guys and had a little of a catch up they didnt have much time but they did hang around and i got some to sign the banner that was until until Paul called them all,it was a great evening and it was lovely to meet some more loonies

ROTTERDAM........

On the way id realised id left the fu**ing banner in the hotel room so had to carry on without it,it is in the processs of being sent to me. Again another great trip without any dissasters we met up with some band members and loonies ubnormie and Wendy it was lovely to finally get to meet you.As for having a drink no alchohol was allowed for me by loonies or band members they are all ganging up on me now We had an early night so could catch up on some much needed sleep after the last week or so,i wanted to get to the Ahoy early to get in the queue Michele said i was mad but not as bad as some loonies i have now met who had been there since 11am met some more loonies sander,nens,paula,huub,the mad gerdy and bart,and another few that i cant remember their names sorry

We got to the front as Eddy grants lot came out i got some waves from them they are used to seeing me there now Eddy as always gave a great gig with some more one to one as we sang and danced away,it was funny though when i got a txt from Paula calling me a flirt she was watching from the seated area on came UB40.......what can i say another great gig but then they have never given us anything other than a great gig but the atmosphere was great and for those who have not been yet you are so in for a treat
We managed to get backstage and mixed with them for a while BT i hope your feeling much better
The security was red hot and moved us along as soon as we and band members left we made our way back to the hotel having a giggle Michele and Jen are sooooo naughty you just wait until they tell me to behave again

At the end of the gigs Eddy's keyboard player and drummer came to the standing area to say hi to us,they are a lovely bunch,thank you Gerdy and Bart for the lift back to the hotel,it was lovely to have caught up with yourselves and Paula and Huub in the morning but a bit of a rush what with our flight,it was a lovely trip and one i will remember for a long long time
Cr*p punctuation there mate, lol. Nice read....

See you next week, hoodlum

love jx
Old 3rd December 2009, 07:20 PM
Super Über UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starshine007 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANEY View Post
Fab review Marg..... um Mich not sure about that one i could have sworen you halo had sliped
Don't know where you heard that Janey
Old 3rd December 2009, 07:22 PM
UB40 Band Member

A pleasure to have you ladies around again. Am I right in thinking we will be seeing you again before then end of this tour ??
Old 3rd December 2009, 07:24 PM
Super Über UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB40 View Post
A pleasure to have you ladies around again. Am I right in thinking we will be seeing you again before then end of this tour ??
Think there's a chance you will Jimmy

love jx
Old 3rd December 2009, 07:27 PM
Super Über UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB40 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by j59 View Post
Think there's a chance you will Jimmy

love jx
I'd say more than just a chance Jen, more like a foregone conclusion, starting on Tuesday... its been a pleasure to attend some crackingly good gigs, don't think I'm alone in stating that.

Jen - any chance of that photo of me, Marg and RBC? Cheers hun
Old 3rd December 2009, 07:27 PM
Über UBLoonie

lovely read.....glad you all having fun

Tags
hannover, rotterdam