Old 6th January 2015, 01:02 AM
UBloonie

lol
Old 6th January 2015, 08:16 AM
UBNewbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kate13 View Post
We call them UB40. You're on the UB40 website, It's not that confusing or hard to figure out.

Which UB40 gigs did you attend last year.
In 2014 I went to one UB40 gig and one Ali gig. I have to say I enjoyed them both tremendously, there was so much vitality and movement in both concerts.
I will not restrict myself to just original UB40 concerts because I love the music so much I want to see all interpretations of it. If a tribute band came along my way I would probably go and see that as well.
Old 6th January 2015, 08:37 AM
UBloonie

that is fair enough Phil. It was just the the initial way you said the 2 bands one being the original ( there is only one ub40) or as you said the ex singer/ub40 which is him trying to hoodeink the public by using the ub40 name when actually it is a tribute but as i said you qre entitled to your opinion about who you see but its just the confusion in the name of the bands that people on here will will question
Old 6th January 2015, 10:46 AM
UBloonie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by hickpaul.96 View Post
Happy new year old boy... and well said. Sometimes I think because UB40 are in the entertainment business, like movie or TV stars, people tend for some reason to adopt a different set of morals. Its quite worrying...

People who say Ali is UB40, Ali sang the songs so he should have the right to use the name UB40, Ali was the front man and the others should pack up etc... really seem to miss the point which is that this is REAL LIFE and not reality TV or on the silver screen.

I often say to people: "imagine that this scenario was being played out within your own life, your own business, your family's business". I think people might have a different view if it was 30 years of their work being ripped to pieces.

Imagine that you are a plumber or a sparky and you've spent the last 30 odd years building a nice little business for your self. You've had some ups and downs like everyone but you have built a solid reputation, a reputation that you've sweat blood and tears to achieve. Then you find out that there is someone moonlighting as you in your local area, an ex-employee who was actually a cracking tradesman but decided to leave the business and set up on his own - unsuccessfully, using your name, giving out your business card and driving the same type of van with your livery on it but with his own phone number. Just ask yourself a few questions. What action would you take??? Would you be happy about it??? would it be right?

Need I say more??????

Come on people, get a grip. This is not New Zealand's got talent, it's real life!
Paul
Very well said, couldn't agree more
Old 7th January 2015, 03:19 PM
Super Über UBloonie

Send a message via MSN to Nes B40

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB40 View Post

and what about RBC's harmonies ??

And mine and BT's and RBC's words, like 1 in 10, sing our own song, higher ground. Are we supposed to just lie down and give up and let some complete strangers, who were never part of UB40 take all the credit and financial reward for OUR hard work ??

I think not.

Good point Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by old loonie View Post
well said Jim. Me personally would never bat an eyelid if i never heard RRW CHFIL HG CHERRY OH again at a concert. All ub40 original material from SO Right through to GOTS is far superior than covers. People love covers because they already know those tunes and the ub40 spin on them make them remarkable remakes but when i hear FFT , King ,Present arms ,Love is all ,Dream a lie, Watchdogs, Earth Dies Screaming, Etc etc i am in a trance, these tracks are cult material, they take me back to my teens And them being played live are just amazing .
Phil people can like or see who or what they want but to suggest there a 2 versions of ub40 is insulting to ub40 who are and still very much alive and performing better than ever. If you are happy listening to the ex singer thats fine but it is a solo artist ( thats a laugh) with a backing band playing ub40 LOL hits ( which we dont want to hear) and a few old early hits that the ex singer has rushed into his LOL set cos he knows how far behind UB40 he is with his odd show hastily dated around a ub40 tour. Idiot that he is. NPG cant even be bothered with your ignorance
Well said Old Loonie

http://s305.photobucket.com/albums/nn213/nesbit_bucket/
Old 7th January 2015, 11:17 PM
UBloonie

Thanks Nes
Old 11th January 2015, 09:49 PM
UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB40 View Post

I wrote 1 in 10. But I have to sit back and watch another set of musicians take credit for my work, make money from my work. But I don't get a penny.

just as earl will get nothing for his wonderful baselines as he watches another bass player, who was never part of UB40 history take the credit.

As BT, who spent endless hours and days constructing the brass section lines on ALL Ub40 records is supposed to be happy when another brass section, who had nothing to do with the writing or promoting or performing of those precious licks take all the credit and the financial reward.

and what about RBC's harmonies ??

And mine and BT's and RBC's words, like 1 in 10, sing our own song, higher ground. Are we supposed to just lie down and give up and let some complete strangers, who were never part of UB40 take all the credit and financial reward for OUR hard work ??

I think not.
Absolutely....."my way of thinking"

I just find it so incredible that some people need to have this explained to them over and over again......it's not rocket science

Oh and Happy New Year to you and yours Jimbob
Old 11th January 2015, 10:48 PM
UBloonie

haha my way of thinking thats about all he wrote lol
Old 13th January 2015, 12:03 PM
UB40 Fan

Just finish reading an interview where He claimed that He and Mickey are the original rhythm section and that He and Astro are the original singers. Which brings me to this. I must be dreaming as I say I've heard Robin, Earl and Norman sing too!!! So what make it them 3 then. Aren't they also original and what about Jimmy and Earl? Haven't they also not contributed to the rhythm section? Who's denying the legacy of UB40?
Old 13th January 2015, 02:10 PM
UB40 Fan

He's not fooling any of us or anyone who has half a brain, but there are people who will listen to this rubbish and believe it. I don't think he cares, as long as there's enough gullible people who will buy tickets to see him...