Go Back   UB40 Forums > General Area > UB40 Discussion

Old 22nd November 2013, 05:57 PM
UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pp View Post
We went to America and did a whole tour without Astros and it was fabulous.
Hi Pikey,
You're right, when the band has toured in the states without Astro, the shows have been fabulous, even brilliant! We can name countless shows where he wasn't in attendance and the band pulled the shows off magnificently.
But.......one cannot escape the feeling of wishing Astro was there. Is there any way that his leaving could have been prevented? Is there any way to bring him back?

Not feeling good on this at all. Don't know the internal workings going on and ain't gon comment on that now. Maybe it's time to listen to the lyrics of the songs "Reggae Music" and "The Key" and as UK Reggae Artist Randy Valentine sings, "Let's Bring Back The Love Again..."
More thoughts after some calming down. Very sad day all around.
Love and all the best,
Peace,
Bagga.........
Old 22nd November 2013, 05:57 PM
Ubique Über UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by oLdbOi View Post
True say Sting...Astro influenced many a track, and I would of liked to have heard Astro add his piece like he knows best. I would go as to say if he had ridden a few tracks it quite possibly could of not been such an easy listening ,country style 'reggae ' album. If the band were happy with it ,the way it was delivered then cool. But I havn't listened to it since release... Just couldn't get my head around it. Not saying it's a bad album... We all have a choice to listen and not to... Just didn't feel the UB trade mark with this one...
I said it back then , I say it again... It needed roughing up a lickle... Earl, Astro... They were missing in my opinion...

reggae wha' m'love.. an' dats wha' m'deffend

oLdbOi

very polite bOi xx
Old 22nd November 2013, 06:00 PM
UBloonie

Absolutely gutted about astro quiting the band.the band r just not the same anymore.to me when ali went they have never been the same. Ive been to many concerts over the years but t be honest ive only been to 1 concert with duncs as singer the nec in brum.at it just wasn't the same vibe.sorry duncs but to me u cant replace ali.
Ive bought the albums since youve been part of the band and I will continue to till the end.
Astro going now is the final nail in the coffin he was after ali a unique voice in the bands history.i was surprised he wasnt heard on the new album.same with earl. I think the fans like to hear the ub sound and to me thats ali.astro.earl and norms taking lead on tracks but this album it didnt happen.sorry how it all fell apart u always seemed so happy together.
All the best to the remaining members of the band.i hope 1 day u can sort things out with asro ali and mickey and get back 2geva

Astro thanks for the memories and the best of luck for your future

BIG LOVE
JAMIE
Old 22nd November 2013, 06:01 PM
UBloonie

Quote:
True say Sting...Astro influenced many a track, and I would of liked to have heard Astro add his piece like he knows best. I would go as to say if he had ridden a few tracks it quite possibly could of not been such an easy listening ,country style 'reggae ' album. If the band were happy with it ,the way it was delivered then cool. But I havn't listened to it since release... Just couldn't get my head around it. Not saying it's a bad album... We all have a choice to listen and not to... Just didn't feel the UB trade mark with this one...
I said it back then , I say it again... It needed roughing up a lickle... Earl, Astro... They were missing in my opinion...

reggae wha' m'love.. an' dats wha' m'deffend

oLdbOi
very very true !!!! sad day for all of us but will always cherish the joy ub40 has given us........over the years & hopefully in the future, things change & we are all lucky to have experienced the Astro show at gigs, me personally wish him the very best & glad i got to see them again in the last few years......, I am very grateful to the band for been part of my life & this is a sad day for me, but understand Astro s decision......; music so nice the.................
Old 22nd November 2013, 06:07 PM
Super Über UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by STING View Post
very polite bOi xx
Lol...Sting...you can tell me to fcuk off now! Haha
Don't you be going all sof' on me!!! Cha!

oLdbOi
Old 22nd November 2013, 06:12 PM
Ubique Über UBloonie

Quote:
Lol...Sting...you can tell me to fcuk off now! Haha
Don't you be going all sof' on me!!! Cha!

oLdbOi

bollox
Old 22nd November 2013, 06:14 PM
Super Über UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by STING View Post
bollox
Ah-eeee Hardcore!!! Haha

oLdbOi...
Old 22nd November 2013, 06:18 PM
Ubique Über UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pp View Post
We went to America and did a whole tour without Astros and it was fabulous.
So true Pikey, although we missed him, the shows were beyond fantastic!!
Old 22nd November 2013, 06:21 PM
UB40 Fan

a sad day and a huge loss with astro's departure!

i've never been into country and western music and was initially skeptical when the band announced they were planning to do a country album. but 'getting over the storm' is a reggae album and a good one, in my opinion. must say was a little disappointed not hearing astro doing his thing on this particular album. sounds like he was unhappy for a while. i wish him the best and hope the band continues to record and tour for more years to come...
Old 22nd November 2013, 06:25 PM
UBloonie

Sad news and for me this means the end of UB40. I couldn't take GOTS to my heart, for me it was a county album reggae'd up. I only hope we as Loonies continue to love our collections and hopefully meet up still. Bless you Astro, what a very hard descision, see you @ the W&H sometime.

Addicted to the vibe of the drum and the bass line