Go Back   UB40 Forums > General Area > UB40 Discussion

Old 16th April 2014, 12:33 AM
Über UBLoonie

Default Shepherd's Bush review

Just got back from the gig.

Well, what can I say that hasn't already been said? I liked Brian's shoes. I really liked them.

From the start the audience was loving it, and after every single song the applause grew, creating a massive crescendo at the end of the gig. It was very evident that the band loved it too. I was struck by just how happy they were. You could visibly see the chemistry and connection between everyone. I feel this translated into a solid, tight, coherent sound.

Before the gig, I wasn't too sure how the GOTS tracks would sound live. I'm happy to report that they sound as great as all the previous material. The setlist has something for everyone. Given how well they performed, I'd say it had everything for everyone. It really is a fantastic selection, I understand why everyone has been raving about it.

If you haven't been to a gig on this tour, and haven an opportunity to, then DO IT. Overall this really was a faultless performance. It completely satisfied us, yet left us craving more and more. The perfect outcome.

What I've found out from tonight is that everyone in the world is a UB40 fan. Some people just haven't realised yet.
Old 16th April 2014, 12:45 AM
Super Über UBloonie

Great read Anant,knew you'd love it.
Old 16th April 2014, 12:26 PM
UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamBig View Post
Just got back from the gig.

Well, what can I say that hasn't already been said? I liked Brian's shoes. I really liked them.
Maybe Brian could direct to his shoe store

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamBig View Post
From the start the audience was loving it, and after every single song the applause grew, creating a massive crescendo at the end of the gig. It was very evident that the band loved it too. I was struck by just how happy they were. You could visibly see the chemistry and connection between everyone. I feel this translated into a solid, tight, coherent sound.

Before the gig, I wasn't too sure how the GOTS tracks would sound live. I'm happy to report that they sound as great as all the previous material. The setlist has something for everyone. Given how well they performed, I'd say it had everything for everyone. It really is a fantastic selection, I understand why everyone has been raving about it.

If you haven't been to a gig on this tour, and haven an opportunity to, then DO IT. Overall this really was a faultless performance. It completely satisfied us, yet left us craving more and more. The perfect outcome.

What I've found out from tonight is that everyone in the world is a UB40 fan. Some people just haven't realised yet.
Fabulous review Anant, the UBs seem to be firing on all cylinders, thanks for sharing
Old 16th April 2014, 03:43 PM
Über UBLoonie

Oh I forgot to add: great to catch up with the loonies, reminded me what a wonderful bunch of people you are!
Old 16th April 2014, 03:58 PM
UB40 Band Member

Sorry we didn't manage to cross paths this time anant. So glad you enjoyed the show. The band have enjoyed every minute of this tour. We've taken some risks with the set. We wanted to concentrate on new tracks and our own really old songs. Less than a handful of LOL songs. But we couldn't have asked for a better response from our fans.

Maybe we can catch up later in the year when we do a load more British dates.
Old 16th April 2014, 04:03 PM
Über UBLoonie

more dates jb ? ...
Old 16th April 2014, 04:16 PM
UBloonie

more dates really...........................
Old 16th April 2014, 05:35 PM
UBloonie

yes jb more dates? come on dont leave us dangling
Old 16th April 2014, 05:47 PM
Super Über UBloonie

Time to rob a bank
Old 16th April 2014, 05:59 PM
Über UBLoonie

Don't worry about it Jimmy. You're a busy man, I'm a busy man.

I did hear some loonies managed to sneak backstage though. I may have to study their techniques for the future.

I am excited about this prospect of more British dates though. I actually woke up this morning and wondered when the next show would be!

Last edited by DreamBig; 16th April 2014 at 06:11 PM.