Go Back   UB40 Forums > General Area > UB40 Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 9th December 2010, 10:14 PM
UK Warrior's Avatar
UK Warrior UK Warrior is offline
UBloonie
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 1,979
Default

Right, that's this year's Toys R Us mission over with.

Need to relax now. Zero 7 can do no wrong in my eyes. They're physically incapable of writing a rubbish song.

Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 9th December 2010, 10:16 PM
Starshine007's Avatar
Starshine007 Starshine007 is offline
Super Über UBloonie
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Loondon
Posts: 23,139
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAYLOR75 View Post
you missed out ned's atomic dustbin , surely???
Now there's a blast from the past. I always preferred The Wonder Stuff though

Tang there's a few on your list that would be on mine....








If I made one
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 9th December 2010, 10:16 PM
ub horse shoe's Avatar
ub horse shoe ub horse shoe is offline
UBloonie
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: WOLVERHAMPTON
Posts: 1,679
Smile

Absolutely brilliant post...


Loads and Loads from the late 70's and onwards from the 80's.... I do very much miss my Top of The pops... ultravox (vienna) Specials (ghost Town) Madness my school disco days etc etc so on and so-forth... I Find it very difficult to let go off my past... but UB40 changed my way of thinking... since 80's onwards...


Respect

Bobby
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 9th December 2010, 10:19 PM
TAYLOR75 TAYLOR75 is offline
UBloonie
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,760
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starshine007 View Post
Now there's a blast from the past. I always preferred The Wonder Stuff though

Tang there's a few on your list that would be on mine....








If I made one
good work , i was a big stuffies fan too , although myles hunt's ego was ridiculous !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 9th December 2010, 10:20 PM
UK Warrior's Avatar
UK Warrior UK Warrior is offline
UBloonie
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 1,979
Default

Love this band - Level 42.

This track has one of the most mesmeric bass lines I've ever heard.

Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 9th December 2010, 10:23 PM
TAYLOR75 TAYLOR75 is offline
UBloonie
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,760
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK Warrior View Post
Love this band - Level 42.

This track has one of the most mesmeric bass lines I've ever heard.

the simon cowell of bass players !!!!
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 9th December 2010, 10:24 PM
rhondda rudie's Avatar
rhondda rudie rhondda rudie is offline
Super Über UBloonie
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Penyrenglyn,Rhondda Cynon Taf
Posts: 13,467
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ub horse shoe View Post
Absolutely brilliant post...


Loads and Loads from the late 70's and onwards from the 80's.... I do very much miss my Top of The pops... ultravox (vienna) Specials (ghost Town) Madness my school disco days etc etc so on and so-forth... I Find it very difficult to let go off my past... but UB40 changed my way of thinking... since 80's onwards...


Respect

Bobby
Around that time the Christmas Day Top Of The Pops was a real highlight for me.It's on at 2 o'clock this year but it won't be the same because of the crap music and the fact that there's no TOTP any more.
__________________
REGGAE MUSIC CAN'T REFUSE IT
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 9th December 2010, 10:25 PM
UK Warrior's Avatar
UK Warrior UK Warrior is offline
UBloonie
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 1,979
Default

While I'm on the subject of brilliant bass lines, it really doesn't get much better than this. Norman Watt-Roy - BIG UP!!

Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 9th December 2010, 10:28 PM
rhondda rudie's Avatar
rhondda rudie rhondda rudie is offline
Super Über UBloonie
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Penyrenglyn,Rhondda Cynon Taf
Posts: 13,467
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK Warrior View Post
While I'm on the subject of brilliant bass lines, it really doesn't get much better than this. Norman Watt-Roy - BIG UP!!

Love that track UKW,but to bring up a subject we've discussed before,imagine a young Ian Dury turning up in front of Cowell and Co.
__________________
REGGAE MUSIC CAN'T REFUSE IT
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 9th December 2010, 10:33 PM
UK Warrior's Avatar
UK Warrior UK Warrior is offline
UBloonie
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 1,979
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAYLOR75 View Post
the simon cowell of bass players !!!!
Is that a good or a bad thing?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 (Unregistered)


Forum SEO by Rapid Web Ltd