Go Back   UB40 Forums > General Area > General Anarchy

Old 24th February 2012, 04:58 AM
UBloonie

Default The death of a 9 year old girl

I don't know if you guys have heard anything about this or not. It seems to be making national headlines here in the states...I don't know about internationally. Anyway, literally about 15 miles away from my house, there was a little nine year old girl who was literally RAN TO DEATH by her stepmother and her grandmother! Apparently the little girl had eaten a candy bar on the school bus and then lied to her grandmother about it. Well...they sent the girl running outside around the house as punishment. They made her run for over THREE HOURS!!! The poor child got so exhausted from all the running that she collapsed and began having seizures....she was taken to hospital where she died two days later The stepmom and the grandmother have both been arrested and charged with murder.

This is so sad...I'm really having a hard time dealing with it. I went to school with the little girl's dad....it's all so unreal right now. I just wonder what the world is coming to! The adults in this case should have known that running someone for three hours is wrong! The thought should have crossed their minds.....and to top all this off...the stepmom gave birth in jail after she was arrested. They say that the newborn baby will be taken by Child Services as soon as the baby is fit to come home from hospital.

“For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance, he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries.” - Robert Jastrow, 'God and The Astronomers'
Old 27th February 2012, 01:45 PM
UBloonie

Send a message via MSN to lara.1973

omfg thats disgusting and so tragic, as u say..what is this world coming to? i hope they steralise the mother so she is unable to have any more children, and i hope they throw the key away so she will never see the light of day again
Old 27th February 2012, 08:37 PM
UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lara.1973 View Post
omfg thats disgusting and so tragic, as u say..what is this world coming to? i hope they steralise the mother so she is unable to have any more children, and i hope they throw the key away so she will never see the light of day again
I agree! Btw...I miss ya, my British mom!

“For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance, he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries.” - Robert Jastrow, 'God and The Astronomers'
Old 27th February 2012, 10:04 PM
UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GefferyMorgan View Post
I don't know if you guys have heard anything about this or not. It seems to be making national headlines here in the states...I don't know about internationally. Anyway, literally about 15 miles away from my house, there was a little nine year old girl who was literally RAN TO DEATH by her stepmother and her grandmother! Apparently the little girl had eaten a candy bar on the school bus and then lied to her grandmother about it. Well...they sent the girl running outside around the house as punishment. They made her run for over THREE HOURS!!! The poor child got so exhausted from all the running that she collapsed and began having seizures....she was taken to hospital where she died two days later The stepmom and the grandmother have both been arrested and charged with murder.

This is so sad...I'm really having a hard time dealing with it. I went to school with the little girl's dad....it's all so unreal right now. I just wonder what the world is coming to! The adults in this case should have known that running someone for three hours is wrong! The thought should have crossed their minds.....and to top all this off...the stepmom gave birth in jail after she was arrested. They say that the newborn baby will be taken by Child Services as soon as the baby is fit to come home from hospital.
omg that is awful,bless her
Old 28th February 2012, 02:34 AM
UBloonie

The case has been widely reported in Canada. Horribly sad. My understanding is the father was not in the country at the time either. I just don't understand how it could happen. Several people said that they saw it but that they didn't realize what was going on.
Old 28th February 2012, 04:07 AM
UBloonie

Yeah, her father works for the US state department and spends a lot of his time overseas, apparently. I read where he had to take 8 connecting flights to get back to Alabama on Sunday....he got to be with his daughter for the last 4 hours of her life. It is so heartbreaking...and as you said, a lot of people reported seeing the little girl run, but they had no clue that anything was wrong. I'm sure none of those people knew at the time that she had been running THREE HOURS.

Old 28th February 2012, 08:56 AM
Super Über UBloonie

OMG....this is so sick!!!!
I agree Lara.
Old 28th February 2012, 09:22 AM
UBloonie

Sick

Gx
Old 28th February 2012, 08:52 PM
UB40 Fan

some people shouldnt diserve life, why can some get away from all of this without punishment..Id like to throw up now...
Old 28th February 2012, 10:14 PM
Über UBLoonie

There are some crimes where even Capital Punishment isn't a sufficient sentence in cases like this.............