Go Back   UB40 Forums > General Area > General Anarchy

Old 17th November 2011, 11:44 PM
UBloonie

Location: Born Cleethorpes,Lived Nr Grimsby,Adelaide, South Australia since 1979
Send a message via MSN to stubby
Default Would you be interested?

Since a week before my 16th birthday (when I was diagnosed with Rhuematoid Arthritis) I have been keeping a vague diary and a couple of years later I started writing a book about my experiences.
I was thinking of putting a few excepts up on here,(BT style) open to criticism and for your thoughts about it.
Just wondered if any of you would be interested in reading it (not to buy) but just as critics good or otherwise?
I'd just like to know if anyone would be remotely interested and if I could do things better or different.
This disease is a killer of your enthusiasm for life and bearing in mind some babies are born with it. It's such a cruel disease and it's not terminal, although sometimes I wish it was. It's becoming more prevelant and there is still no cure.
There are various treatments with side effects like thin skin, causing MS, weak bones (go figure), cancer, kidney and liver failure to name a few.
RA often takes a backseat to Cancer in fund raisers because of it not being a terminal disease, so few people give money to help find the cure.
There are very few books out there on people's journeys with RA, thought it may be good to maybe raise a bit more awareness.
Although some of my book is written the last 10 years isn't due to my arthritis (ironic) If you guys are interested it would egg me on to finish it.
So........what do you think peeps?
Interested?

A labour of Love-by Stubby 2008
Old 18th November 2011, 12:02 AM
Super Über UBloonie

Thumbs up

It would be interesting to read Paula
I have family and friends with RA, it is a cruel disease. Guess I'm lucky I've only got OA painful but not crippling as RA.

TC.

love jx
Old 18th November 2011, 12:04 AM
Super Über UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by j59 View Post
It would be interesting to read Paula
I have family and friends with RA, it is a cruel disease. Guess I'm lucky I've only got OA painful but not crippling as RA.

TC.

love jx
Hiya Jen,nice to see you posting.
Old 18th November 2011, 12:07 AM
Super Über UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubby View Post
Since a week before my 16th birthday (when I was diagnosed with Rhuematoid Arthritis) I have been keeping a vague diary and a couple of years later I started writing a book about my experiences.
I was thinking of putting a few excepts up on here,(BT style) open to criticism and for your thoughts about it.
Just wondered if any of you would be interested in reading it (not to buy) but just as critics good or otherwise?
I'd just like to know if anyone would be remotely interested and if I could do things better or different.
This disease is a killer of your enthusiasm for life and bearing in mind some babies are born with it. It's such a cruel disease and it's not terminal, although sometimes I wish it was. It's becoming more prevelant and there is still no cure.
There are various treatments with side effects like thin skin, causing MS, weak bones (go figure), cancer, kidney and liver failure to name a few.
RA often takes a backseat to Cancer in fund raisers because of it not being a terminal disease, so few people give money to help find the cure.
There are very few books out there on people's journeys with RA, thought it may be good to maybe raise a bit more awareness.
Although some of my book is written the last 10 years isn't due to my arthritis (ironic) If you guys are interested it would egg me on to finish it.
So........what do you think peeps?
Interested?
Would be a very interesting read,go for it.
Old 18th November 2011, 03:25 AM
UBloonie

I agree, Paula, go for it! Support is a grand receive!
Old 18th November 2011, 08:39 AM
Super Über UBloonie

What they said! Please do serialise it for us Paula The written word should always be publicised - but I warn you now, I'm a voracious reader
Old 18th November 2011, 10:24 AM
Super Über UBloonie

Send a message via MSN to littlecrow

thats a grand idea... go for it
Old 18th November 2011, 10:29 AM
UBloonie

Stubby, would love to read of your experiences. I know someone who suffers with RA and it is bad.
Good luck to you.
Old 18th November 2011, 10:39 AM
UBloonie

I suffer from Osteo arthritus in my right ankle and knees. So I have alittle understanding of what you experience, although its no where near as bad as R.A I knwo exactly what you mean when you say it destroys your zest for life, Ive had it for 7 years, I developed it after an injury and it can get you down, I struggle to get up stairs sometimes and its not nice at all feeling like an old man at such an early age. Still I learn to live with it, I try and not let it get me down, hey Im getting too hungover to kick a football around on a Sunday anyway.

Id love to read some extracts from the book, it could be theraputic.
Old 18th November 2011, 11:25 AM
Extra Super Über UBLoonie

Send a message via MSN to Waltjo

Hiya Paula, I know you have had some very rough times, as I am sure many with the same condition can testify, I think making people aware is a brilliant idea

~THE GEMINI DEFECTIVES - DON'T COME TO US FOR ADVICE!!!!~