Old 11th July 2014, 03:16 AM
UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkie Rock Star View Post
I've always assumed that's because soccer is a low scoring game, unlike say basketball where the score can end 87-83 etc....

I've already found a way to fix this, soccer without goalkeepers! Might have to tinker with some of the rules a little bit, but generally should be just as entertaining and should provide basketball-like scorelines...

Just wondering why someone stateside hasn't thought about this yet....

I vote to eliminate "off-sides." It would intensify the defensive plays and modify the offense in a way that would be high scoring and fast pace. Also, it would make the players run more, allowing for more substitution players to see some action.

But I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave.
Old 13th July 2014, 10:34 PM
Super Über UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron A View Post
I vote to eliminate "off-sides." It would intensify the defensive plays and modify the offense in a way that would be high scoring and fast pace. Also, it would make the players run more, allowing for more substitution players to see some action.

OH don't talk daft, i've gota a fiver on germany winning the cup.
Old 13th July 2014, 10:57 PM
UB40 Band Member

well done kathie :bounce purple:

I loved it when the crowd booed blatter and the brazillian president.

not that they care too much.

they've just filled their boots at the expense of the countries poor.

nice.
Old 13th July 2014, 11:10 PM
Super Über UBloonie

Thanks, i put it on before the world cup started.

Germany deserved it, didn't they do well.

The crowd lol yeah they booed at the right peeps, still can't see them changing the next world cup....suarez took the crap of blatter,,,,, it's all over for another 4 years.
Old 14th July 2014, 05:56 PM
UBloonie

I'm soooooooooooooo happy

that the World Cup is over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now my Twitter feed, Facebook page and TV shows (or lack thereof) will go back to somewhat normal. I didn't watch one game, but didn't have to either to know exactly what was going on. By the second. Ad nauseaum.

Countries will stop now plotting against each other. Or at least most.
Old 15th July 2014, 11:10 AM
Super Über UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB40 View Post
well done kathie :bounce purple:

I loved it when the crowd booed blatter and the brazillian president.

not that they care too much.

they've just filled their boots at the expense of the countries poor.

nice.
I enjoyed the booing too Jimmy.

Have to say I'm glad Germany won it.They played the most attractive football and showed real class when not over celebrating Brazil's humiliation and forming a guard of honour for Argentina's players when they went up to collect their medals.They were a real team and all power to them.That Mueller is a diving bstard though.
Old 19th July 2014, 11:57 AM
Über UBLoonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB40 View Post
Who would have believed that result last night between germany and brazil.???

If someone had that as a bet it must have been a MASSIVE payout.:bounce blue:

And it strikes a blow for common sense and restraint.

It was quite obvious from the beginning, when brazil had to cheat to beat a surprisingly strong croatian team, that they weren't looking that great. And they struggled in a couple of matches on the way through to the semis.

It was obvious that they were just scraping through on the nervous energy created by the audiences unreasonable expectations, and the general hysteria surrounding the team.

But am I the only one who thinks this is all just a bit too hysterical and over the top??

I know the british love their footy. for many people, their team winning is the best feeling they will have in their lives.

But over in south america they seem to have lost any sense of proportion.

People sobbing on the streets, and on the pitch. Grown men sobbing uncontrollably in each others arms. Anyone would thing WW3 had broken our, or an earthquake had killed thousands.

the crying, the biting, the cheating and all that desperation has reached absurd proportions.

add to all this the fact that FIFA is completely corrupt, bribing politicians to stump up tax payers cash in subsidies to the multi-billion dollar organisation, and taken all it's profits off shore. Sending out thugs to prevent the locals from making some cash by selling unregistered souvenirs [only FIFA associated companies can make money out of the world cup], the locals need to put up and shut up! and disrupting local runnings to the point that the local police lose track of their local villains. flattening favelas and disrupting already difficult lives so a couple of dozen grown blokes can kick a ball around a patch of grass.

that's why germany's result is so beautifully apt.

all this hysteria and cheating and 'passion'. is no match for a well organised, disciplined, intelligent TEAM.

It can be fun to admire individual tricks and amazing skills, but nothing can beat watching 11 men working at their limit TOGETHER.

That's how German industry works and the Tories don't like it one bit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!